Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Feature Suggestions & Requests - Handled

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Since you're presently into melee feats and mechanics, what are the prospects for fixing the reach weapon (non) limitation? That is, limiting reach weapons so they can't strike inside 10ft (or whatever the radius based on size).

:necro:

View attachment 20763
Damn you just nuked the way I played this game for like 90% of time lol
It's like when fcukin blizzard nerfed the blood golemancer (for whatever stupid reason) ;-(
Of course unlike the glorious Necro build, the reach weapons were ridiculously overpowered to the point of making fighting with anything non-reach a liability IMO.

<rant>before trying ToEE I probably couldn't have been convinced a commercial AAA game (with some reputation too - and I mean other than for being downright broken) could have so much dysfunctional in it</rant>
Heh, you still can, it'll just cost you a feat. I remember when ToEE was nearing release, people would constantly talk about their spiked chain builds...

I'll also add a house rule to keep the vanilla behavior, since people may already have ongoing games with those builds.

tlk

Novice
Thanks I'll keep that in mind (tho I doubt I'll take on ToEE again... unless someone somehow lays his hands on the IWD2 asset sources and the ToEE sources and rerenders a proper IWD2 port to a properly fixed ToEE engine. Gonna need a glitch in the matrix for this to transpire however).
As for the reach wpn build you don't even need to spend the extra feat on the exotic chain (looks *and* acts cool I admit), ofc there might be nuances but it's enough to equip your fighter-types with martial ones (or even simple for say a Cleric) and presto - your go on to wonder why they'd put those other weapons into the game.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom