Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ferret Baudoin is senior desighner on Fallout 4 (?)

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
just 've found this on linkedin.

Ferret Baudoin

Senior Designer
Bethesda Softworks
October 2012 – Present (1 month)
Senior designer on unannounced project.

Lead Designer
BioWare
May 2006 – August 2012 (6 years 4 months)
Lead Designer on The Exiled Prince and the Black Emporium.
Senior Designer on Dragon Age II.
Lead Designer on Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening.
Lead Designer on Warden's Keep and Stone Prisoner (Dragon Age DLC).
Senior Designer on Dragon Age.

Lead Designer
Obsidian Entertainment
October 2003 – March 2006 (2 years 6 months)
Was a designer on Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords.
Was lead designer on Neverwinter Nights 2.

Designer
Black Isle Studios
March 2003 – October 2003 (8 months)
Was a designer on Baldur's Gate 3 (Jefferson).
Was a designer on Fallout 3 (VanBuren)

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Wasn't he the guy who left Neverwinter Nights 2 development to go work for BioWare, meaning Obsidian had to lure Sawyer over from Midway to salvage something playable?

Meh. Thanks for the indirect :incline: of Obsidian, I guess.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Wasn't he the guy who left Neverwinter Nights 2 development to go work for BioWar

Yes. The whole project was in a disaster of epic proportions. Then Sawyer swooped in, and got it on a course of a final product. Granted the damage was already was done, but what he was able to salvage is impressive, and how NWN2 finally turned out was OK.

Hope he does a great job on Fallout 4. :salute:

lol

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Why would anyone advertise this?
Because in the games industry, "number of shipped games" is an e-peen statistic that will get you more opportunities guaranteed. Second is "has anyone heard of those games" - if it is "triple A" then you will probably never have trouble finding employment anywhere, regardless of whether you were successful on past games or not. That's why getting a first job is so crucial - even if you are the guy doing QC on Madden to make sure that all the players' mustaches render properly, once you have that, you have your foot in the door. For more experienced developers, anything with "senior" in the title is where the money is.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Well, I hear that Dragon Age II was recognized as a failure even as far as sale numbers were to be considered.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Being able to manage a game to completion and get it released on time is a skill that's worth something.

Yes. The whole project was in a disaster of epic proportions. Then Sawyer swooped in, and got it on a course of a final product. Granted the damage was already was done, but what he was able to salvage is impressive, and how NWN2 finally turned out was OK.

Hope he does a great job on Fallout 4. :salute:

lol

Any sources on this?

Edit: Not his leaving I mean, but some details regarding what mess he left and what sawyer did to fix it

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Being able to manage a game to completion and get it released on time is a skill that's worth something.
I hope you are secretly a EA exec trying to size up your fan base here bub
For a manager, it's a good skill. For a developer, not so much. When trying to actually get things done, you need managers.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
but some details regarding what mess he left and what sawyer did to fix it

No, the only thing I remember being specifically said was just that Sawyer was now the project lead. The rest I gleaned from developer posts on the forums during its development as well as some postmortem discussions on it. But that was quite a while ago.

Diablo169

Arcane
Reading that about Sawyer just makes me feel even better about Eternity, i already knew he was a bro but managing to salvage NWN2 to any degree after all that clusterfuckery....

:thumbsup:

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
just 've found this on linkedin.

Ferret Baudoin

Senior Designer
Bethesda Softworks
October 2012 – Present (1 month)
Senior designer on unannounced project.

Lead Designer
BioWare
May 2006 – August 2012 (6 years 4 months)
Lead Designer on The Exiled Prince and the Black Emporium.
Senior Designer on Dragon Age II.
Lead Designer on Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening.
Lead Designer on Warden's Keep and Stone Prisoner (Dragon Age DLC).
Senior Designer on Dragon Age.

Lead Designer
Obsidian Entertainment
October 2003 – March 2006 (2 years 6 months)
Was a designer on Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords.
Was lead designer on Neverwinter Nights 2.

Designer
Black Isle Studios
March 2003 – October 2003 (8 months)
Was a designer on Baldur's Gate 3 (Jefferson).
Was a designer on Fallout 3 (VanBuren)

His resume exudes copious volumes of fail. It would be just like BGS to hire a shitty designer from botched games to fuck over the Fallout franchise. Apparently, they want to make sure that players remember Fallout 3 as a masterpiece compared to the abortion they make next.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom