Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

FF XIII

Mackerel

Augur
decrine.gif

Mogar

Scholar
Overweight Manatee said:
Big budget RPG focusing on cinematics with no/bad changes in gameplay? I am shocked and appalled.

Reminding me of this particular comment:
Considering that in the last 2 years Famitsu has awarded more 40 point scores (7) than in the preceding 10 years combined, it seems likely Famitsu either felt it had gone overboard or Square neglected to be generous enough with its advertising spending…

Hah, not only does it show a decline in what used to be a somewhat respected gaming magazine, but it also shows that even with all the money they threw at Famitsu, they still didn't get a perfect score. Its like Fallout 3 or Oblivion getting an 8 or 9 rather then a 10 over in our magazines.

.Sigurd

Educated
laclongquan said:
It seem to be a pretty damn rare instance of incomplete game being released. There's trouble brewing in the company? politic infighting?
More like fag japanese developer.

Hamster said:
Gaming rag Famitsu’s review of Final Fantasy XIII has proven something of an upset, with the game getting 39 of 40 instead of the expected 40
:lol:

And now to the best part: the comments, the comments!

everyone seem to have forgotten the FF is *NOT* a dating sim and there is *ONLY* *ONE* *PATH* in the game. It have always been that way.

they always need to find a reason to bitch about . KOTOR , NWNs and Dragon age are all linear rpgs yet no one ever mentioned it . but now they try to knock down rating for a good game over nothing

its a rpg its not susposed to be GTA4

Man. Posts like that would break a lesser man.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Actually I like FF XIII more than Dragon age. First there is no level scaling. Second these news about lack of weapons were grossly excruciated.

The main character isn't idiot like main character of the other game. The secondary character is, but that's much more survivable.

They have better character design than Dragon age.

DriacKin said:
Relayer71 said:
FFX was linear as hell but had a pretty good story, some good characters (thrown in with a couple of annoying ones as is custom with JRPGs), good combat and also had puzzles (pretty much the first time puzzles were used prominently in a FF game).
The fuck?
Truth? FF X combat was one or two hits by sword and enemy was killed. It was also one hit from the enemy and a character was down. Try to fight Penance, or try to get trough one of these dark aeons just because you roleplayed and didn't have time to find two chests.

FF X combat depends on action timing a lot.

Genma:TheDestroyer said:
"-some are starting to wonder about the direction Japanese male fashion is taking…"

Everyone who isn't Japanese.
Yes they are crazy. While they can use theirs traditional clothes, they sucks at using western clothes.

I wonder why US people are so scared about nipples. Do you remember GTA 3 lawsuit? It looks like a nipple phobia. How do they react when a women breast feeds her children in public? Well UK has knife phobia. Australia has game phobia. And Japanese have problems with western clothes.

Look what I found: entire FFXIII in one picture.

02567633293501308880.jpg

Yeah, don't even bother playing it now. Because I just spoiled the shit out of it for you

Dnny

Educated
Threads about the FF should be autoretardoed. Games that play themselves cannot even be considered games, can they ?

A user named cat

Has there been a decent FF since IX? I haven't played any post PS1. Looks like they've gone overboard with the fucking cutscenes, Square really needs to find a new way to portray story elements.

ecliptic

Liturgist
I dug 12 more than any since I played 6 on my SNES. Something strangely addictive about it, that is until I unlocked everyone's skill board halfway through the game. That stymied the urge to progress.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom