Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix FF7 Enhanced Edition coming to Steam?

Ermm

Erudite
And seriously people dying in 2 was even worse. From the beggining you get the party of 3+1, the last one being the cursed guest character that will sooner or later die, and you keep getting more and more cannonfodder for that spot, one of the suckiest occupations in a game.

I only remember Mindu and Josef as the only playable characters who died in FF2.

Gozma

Arcane
I thought the FF7 story should get a couple of points for a good undermining of a '90s dark badass protagonist. There's even a little fourth wallish stuff with the protagonist pretending to be an archetypal protagonist while you the player are also doing that, pretty heady stuff for a 13 year old. I seriously could never play it now though even in emulation, there's like 5 hours or something of game before you have anything more past Press-X-To-Attack and Talk-to-Everyone-Or-You-Miss-Stuff to do.

Rpgsaurus Rex

I didn't even get anything of that story in my tender age - I was too ADHD not to skip past the blue bubbles. It was all cool and mysterious.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Why everybody on the 'dex started to use "eeeh" as a sign of suprise and/or enjoyment? Goddammit this is like the 4th time I saw someone using it today. This is not some kind of shitty anime you goddamm weebos.
i used it in the typical way germans use it, as a sign of mild disagreement and not surprise or enjoyment.

Giauz Ragnacock

Scholar
I have said it before, but I would love a cell-shaded game like Dragon Quest 8 but using Amano's art. It would be as Okami happening for the first time all over again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom