Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy Tactics PS1 (U) + Prime Convenience mod + Spekkio's tweaks

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Nice modification

deuxhero

Arcane
Shame the alleged sequel where Ramza travels to other countries will never happen by now. Hell, Tactics Advance 2 should have had a sequel, same with Tactics Ogre, and yet here we are, making remakes of remakes.
Ramza shouldn't be the MC of a sequel. He (and other uniques) should just be trying to live quietly while other people try to drag him into the new conflict and then immediately get their ass handed to them. A2 doesn't even have a real plot, it's just stuff happening around Luso till he gets to go home.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Ramza's only rightful spot in a sequel would be as an easter egg boss that hides behind an army of sandbagging generics while he uses Scream 40 times before he comes out to delete your entire team in half a round. Would be fucking hiliarious.

Also, I always figured if the game got a sequel, it'd be a prequel instead about the zodiac braves. Mind you, the setting is such a grab bag they could do anything. A story that takes place mid apocalypse in ancient history where shit like Worker 8 came from would be cool too.

It is incredibly sad nobody can write decent stories like these any more in modern studios. They were so obviously successful and yet instead we get retarded mobile game spinoffs.

spekkio

Arcane
FYI there is an ASM hack that removes the hardcoding on innate RSM skills for each job. With it any job won't and can't equip any RSM skill which is innate to their job.

Thanks mang, seems to be working:

:love:

Took me some time to find it, descriptions aren't FFTPatcher authors' strong suit... :roll:

spekkio

Arcane
BROs, I'm happy to announce that I've just completed FFT for the n-th time. Tweaking it and fixing along the way.

Introduced three modifications when compared to v4 of my mod:

1) Had to retract this modification:

Each "Draw" / "Iaido" command now costs some CT, with every "stronger" one costing more than the previous one.
Ashura's skill costs 1 CT to use, so it's "almost-immediate", While Kiku-ichimonji's (8th katana) costs 8 CT and Chirijiraden 10 CT.
It's a good idea on paper, but sadly not supported by game's code. During the TESTING I quickly realized, that something was wrong with modified "Draw Out" command. Specifically, katanas were "disappearing" from my inventory after missions. When used via "Draw Out" command during missions (with 0% break chance), they seemed fine (no "Rent" info). But they were missing from the inventory the moment I completed the mission and checked the menus. So, it looks like the game treated them as regular "useable" items or some shit.

There's warning in the ASM Patcher about this:

NOTE: If you set a formula other than the Draw Out ones, the Katana will still break at 100% chance!

But I hoped it only applies to the formula itself:

But it turns out if you fool around with Attributes (Ticks = AP cost), things get fucked too.

Anyway...

"Draw Out" commands are now back to their vanilla state (they are immediate - no CT cost), but I increased katanas' break chance from 0% to 1%. Which actually works nice ingame, due to two things:
  • Probability of katanas' breaking is low, but it still happened couple times during my playthrough (with regular, not THAT extensive use).
  • Enemy samurai use this command for free since their supply of katanas seems infinite (this command uses katanas in inventory, not the one that's equipped as a weapon). Low break chance for the player balances this somehow.
2) Made the "Doublehand" ability fully innate to Samurai, by using the "Inherent RSM Limitation Hack" ASM Patch (thanks, banana).

Since V2, Samurai had this ability working even when it wasn't learned:

But since V5 it can't be set for Samurai when it's learned (thanks to the "new" hack):

So it works precisely like Ninja's "Dual Wield" in the vanilla game:

:incline:

OFC, you can dual wield as Samurai by using "Dual Wield" and equipping two katanas (see ITT for instructions):

To make it PURRFECT, I've modified the Tips too:

From this:

To this:

:dance:

3) I've fixed small error in one of Ninja Blades' decriptions. Sasuke's Blade adds +14 to attack and +15 to block:

While it's description shows +10 to attack:

Probably a typo introduced by authors of FFT Complete or Austin (maker of FFT Prime). Anyway, fixed:

The only thing still to fix (?) is some (rare) font fuckery, which appears during "cutscenes" (events not happening on maps). Looks like this ("o" in "lords" and "u" in "you":

I have no idea what causes this, but I don't think it's emulator-related (appears on both Swanstation and Beetle PSX cores).
And it's not caused by bad text (checked via FFTactext and input text seems fine).

:rage:

Anyone knows what the fuck?

Link to V5 of the mod:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/yqaygmn7ticfunm/

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom