Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It's their game, they do what they want.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
bUT ShEE'S UNDerAge oh shut up. I drive by a high school every day
Hansen-Meme.jpg

Mauman

Learned
I feel like this is what happens when you have a bad trip while playing FF7

Terra

Cipher
Without wanting to watch the spoilers (I'm waiting for Square to finish the whole thing), whereabouts in the overall story does this game end?

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Okay. Watched the ending thing.

*sigh*

Nomura is going to Nomura I guess. This is an unsufferable style of storytelling. Can't ANYONE say no to that guy ? I was excited to play Rebirth when it comes out on PC. Now I just want to replay the original. Thanks ?

KeAShizuku

Novice
I dont know what is more ridiculous, the fact that Square bothered to add this or that someone probably obsessively looked at all NPC interactions to find if some of them were faggots. FWIW they already did this in FF16, I remember someone mentioning you can find minor NPC homo couples in the game. Only one I remember is two dudes near the brothel but there are probably more.

Japan is appealing to western market.

They know what they are doing and the positive marketting this is on western market. It is also important to target future western market (e.g. young westerner, who are liberals)

Ah yes gay people don't exist in Japan!

911 Jumper

Educated
Horee sheeet

Square Enix has discovered a printing error on Final Fantasy VII Rebirth game discs printed for the Japan and Asia regions, the company announced.

Due to an error during Sony Interactive Entertainment‘s manufacturing process, the Data Disc is erroneously labeled as the “Play Disc,” and the Play Disc is erroneously labeled as the “Data Disc.”

Jinn

Arcane
Nomura is going to Nomura I guess.
Story and Scenario Writer: Kazushige Nojima aka the same guy who wrote the original FFVII with Kitase.

I get the Nomura hate, but people really gotta get their facts straight before blaming a single guy. I haven't watched the spoilers, but I really don't give a shit how much it deviates from the original. FFVII Remake series is a sequel series, not a remake. It's pretty clear at this point. And that's fine. If I want to play the original, I'll play the original. If I want to play an Action RPG sequel series, I'll play this.

scytheavatar

Scholar
Nomura has more or less distanced himself from the FFVII remake project, he's too busy fucking up KH4 to be involved in more FFVII destruction. As Nomura himself would have said what you are seeing is hate on "Nomura-ism" affecting Square Enix rather than Nomura himself.

scytheavatar

Scholar
Story and Scenario Writer: Kazushige Nojima aka the same guy who wrote the original FFVII with Kitase.

I get the Nomura hate, but people really gotta get their facts straight before blaming a single guy. I haven't watched the spoilers, but I really don't give a shit how much it deviates from the original. FFVII Remake series is a sequel series, not a remake. It's pretty clear at this point. And that's fine. If I want to play the original, I'll play the original. If I want to play an Action RPG sequel series, I'll play this.

Maybe things will be different in the last game, but so far the FF7 remakes have the exact same plot as the original FF7, just butchered and bloated. I am not sure how they are a sequel to the original FF7 in anyway, all Square is doing is pretending they are different and creative when in reality they are creatively bankrupt.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
I'm not going to say FF7 was Planescape Torment or Disco Elysium, but some scenes stuck for a reason : they were well written (even when butchered by the failing translation.)

Compare this to the godawful treatment this same scene got in Rebirth. Why did they even bother changing it ?

Is it more epic now ?
Is that it ? Was that the point ?

911 Jumper

Educated
It's like watching a live action adaptation of an anime

The original game's stylised “inferior” graphics made it easier to accept (if that's the right word) the characters' anime-style mannerisms and the OTT action sequences.

notpl

Arbiter

Maybe things will be different in the last game, but so far the FF7 remakes have the exact same plot as the original FF7, just butchered and bloated. I am not sure how they are a sequel to the original FF7 in anyway, all Square is doing is pretending they are different and creative when in reality they are creatively bankrupt.
What? No, the plot of FF7R was very explicitly about time travel shennanigans and undoing the plot of the first game. It was not in any way "the exact same plot," Sephiroth wasn't even a real character in the original game - as he died before any of the events took place - whereas he appears to be the driving force behind the events in the remakes.

biggs

Novice
Tetsuya Nomura, Kazushige Nojima, and Motomu Toriyama...the three stooges. Square (Enix) still suffers from the day they gave these clowns top creative positions.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm not going to say FF7 was Planescape Torment or Disco Elysium, but some scenes stuck for a reason : they were well written (even when butchered by the failing translation.)

Compare this to the godawful treatment this same scene got in Rebirth. Why did they even bother changing it ?

Is it more epic now ?
Is that it ? Was that the point ?

Why didn't they use Phoenix down?

Kaidanovsky

Literate
Is this finally out?

I sort of enjoyed the previous game, but I couldn't understand the plot at all, and I think I know why. I'm used to JRPGs replacing voiced dialogue with all sorts of grunts and sighs, but this time, they didn't even bother translating the text. I think half of the protagonist's dialogue was missing, if not more.

Has anyone played this? Are they still doing that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom