Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy XIII

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Are these better than XII?

Duraframe300

Arcane
Hopefully they are somewhat moddable. XIII-2 with proper difficulty would be among my favorite FF's (V,VI,IX)

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This is pretty cool, and pretty cheap too. I was thinking of borrowing a PS3 at some point to play through the trilogy, but now I don't have to.

Duraframe300

Arcane
LR is special in that it grows on you the more you play/replay it.

Its a uniquely structured game.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
11,69€*3 = ???
But I guess it's cheap and GFX is cute, and non removed version would be even cheaper. And then there could be 1$ steam sale. But I watched movie on youtube already. (Aka playthrough without unnecessary combat.)

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I really tried to like 12, the setting seemed awesome, the writing was good. But the gameplay... dear god. It was somehow worse than 8, and that was like chewing glass.

Considering trying 13. It can't possibly be worse than 12's 'LOL play slot machine to win boss fight' can it?

Servo

Arcane
I really tried to like 12, the setting seemed awesome, the writing was good. But the gameplay... dear god. It was somehow worse than 8, and that was like chewing glass.

Considering trying 13. It can't possibly be worse than 12's 'LOL play slot machine to win boss fight' can it?

Actually I sort of enjoyed the combat in FF13. It was the rest of the game I hated.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Only one week and two days until release. Are you getting excited? If not for anything else than on storm of butthurt.

Also, it's crazy but it looks like Steam is using actual conversion rates between euro and US currency.

Machocruz

Arcane
Is Xenoblade comparable to 12 in terms of its world structure and aesthetic? I loved just dicking around in some areas, trying to get uniques to spawn. They did a good job with ambiance for the time, too.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Dunno about aesthetics and ambiance, but the world structure is reasonably open and dicking around trying to get uniques to spawn is one of the pretty fun things about Xenoblade.

Gozma

Arcane
The character designs in 13 are so unappealing. The cutscene model designs they've had since like 10 are damn revolting and by 13 they look like that in gameplay too. They need to steal the stuff Arc System Works did with 2D anime turned into 3D models for Guilty Gear Xrd instead of the gross "anime-ified Japanese fashion monsters" thing they've fallen into.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It mostly hapened with the move to last gen 7 or 8 years ago. People blame the character design getting worse . I am not sure it's that. I think it stayed mostly the same. Trouble is, with technology getting better, it looks ridiculous wherea in the best, when character were 30 pixels big, nobody would notice.

Mix this with us getting older and holy shit !

Deleted member 7219

Hoping for full masters of the cutscenes and high-res gameplay with all the bells and whistles.

Usually if someone publishes on console first, then ports to PC, they make a big deal about how they are remastering it for PC. The fact that they haven't said anything for FF13 is concerning.

Diablo169

Arcane
Square usually port as cheaply as possible. I wouldn't hold your breath.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom