Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

FO:L (not N punkasses)V: CONS & PROS

grotsnik

Arcane
I think it's meant to be at least level 15 for Honest Hearts and Old World Blues, 20 for Dead Money and 25 for Lonesome Road. (Though HH, for some reason, gives you a blast of XP right after the opening slides, so you'll probably gain another level then anyway)

Captain Shrek

thesoup said:
I'm 20 hours in, level 13. When do you recommend I start playing the DLCs?

About after level 20 (remembers the Robot scorpions :( )

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
If so, then it's bad design, because it's a proper challenge when you're level 13 but it won't be a challenge at all after DM.

I played it before DM and plot-wise it was fine. It fleshes out some of the things you learn in the main game, about the Burned Man etc...

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
I had this idea that the DLC were meant to be played in order of release as part of the larger story they explored (Ulysses etc), but that idea might have formed entirely inside my own head.

Anyway, for replaying: are energy weapons remotely useful now? Did they nerf unarmed at all? I'm thinking of going for an explosives-chucking hand-to-hand warrior with Project Nevada, is that even feasible or is PN too far into realistic territory for that to go down well?

No need to compare FO:NV to Bloodlines, they are the two last great RPGs to have graced the PC (haven't played MOTB yet though). The two are just fucking amazing.
By the way Volourn, I'm happy to see that you're not only full of derp and can still appreciate a great game without having the urging need to troll the shit out of the Codex.

Admiral jimbob said:
Anyway, for replaying: are energy weapons remotely useful now? Did they nerf unarmed at all? I'm thinking of going for an explosives-chucking hand-to-hand warrior with Project Nevada, is that even feasible or is PN too far into realistic territory for that to go down well?

Compared to FO3? Energy Weapons are pretty good from what I've seen, and unarmed is even stronger (like, Dragonball Z strong). Dunno about explosives.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Energy weapons are p. good in New Vegas. The early ones are completely useless, but stuff like the Gauss Rifle is good.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"By the way Volourn, I'm happy to see that you're not only full of derp and can still appreciate a great game without having the urging need to troll the shit out of the Codex."

Nice trolling you fukkin' piece of shit, now fuck off and go give yourself a blowjob, punkass looser.

Volourn said:
"By the way Volourn, I'm happy to see that you're not only full of derp and can still appreciate a great game without having the urging need to troll the shit out of the Codex."

Nice trolling you fukkin' piece of shit, now fuck off and go give yourself a blowjob, punkass looser.

Punkass Looser would make a great band name.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom