Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

FO3 DLC with Codex Seal of Approval

Black

Arcane
Reject_666_6 said:
Sceptic, I hope you don't mind if I go all VD on your post.
You're going to sell out?

Imbecile

Arbiter
I dunno, I think its pretty cool that you can effectively change the games soundtrack (well, kinda) by killing the irritating DJ. But then, I really didn't think fallout 3 sucked that badly, so maybe my opinion/life/pheasant is invalid.

Imbecile

Arbiter
Oh, he is annoying, to me at least. But you can either pick a different radio station, or kill the bastard. Those seem like two options that most RPGs don't have.

anomie

Scholar
Imbecile said:
Oh, he is annoying, to me at least. But you can either pick a different radio station, or kill the bastard. Those seem like two options that most RPGs don't have.

Enclave radio could've been so much cooler if they made it a Numbers Station instead of having that guy talk in between the songs. When it'd come on and start playing America the Beautiful I was sort reminded of this Numbers Station. I enjoy Numbers Stations (and radio in general) a lot, FO3 radio was wasted potential :/

I.C. Wiener

Educated
anomie said:
Imbecile said:

Enclave radio could've been so much cooler if they made it a Numbers Station instead of having that guy talk in between the songs. When it'd come on and start playing America the Beautiful I was sort reminded of this Numbers Station. I enjoy Numbers Stations (and radio in general) a lot, FO3 radio was wasted potential :/
Damn, what a coincidence, first thing after I played FO3 I considered making a mod of that sort. But I never bothered due to apathy and the fact that it was FO3.

But yes, the radio stations sucked and Three Dog is one of the worst negro stereotypes in years. There were barely any songs playing so I just kept it off.

Multi-headed Cow

I grabbed a mod that let me throw more songs into THREE DAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWG's rotation and added some 20-odd songs from Bioshock to it. Worked out well.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Sceptic said:

BRO GO FUCK A DOG AND GO BACK TO GAMEFAGS

I agree more or less with your post except for the last paragraph, but I won't get into discussing it now. Suffice it to say that what I really believe is that there's no such thing as art and it's all just different things that entertain people lumped together in an umbrella term. Like you said, the reason some things are art and some aren't is that someone arbitrarily said it should be so. When this is the situation, arguing what should or shouldn't be art is pretty fruitless.

Malachi

Liturgist
Gerrard said:
So, let me see if I understand... in your cartoon, a guy who sits shirtless while wearing sandals at his computer (and obviously spends waaaay too much time at the gym) is questioning the sexuality of random people on the internet. Then he thrusts his pelvis into the air a few times while proclaiming his longing in a lingering cry, afterward deciding to hurl his computer at the "girlfriend" poster he keeps on the wall. Got it.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Reject_666_6 said:
Suffice it to say that what I really believe is that there's no such thing as art and it's all just different things that entertain people lumped together in an umbrella term.
Yeah I think we're on the same page as far as that's concerned.

BRO GO FUCK A DOG AND GO BACK TO GAMEFAGS
Nah I'd rather stay here. If I was trying to hold the kind of discussion we just had on gamefags I would've ripped my hair out a while ago.

Oh what was the thread topic about? Oh right, FO3 DLC. Haven't played any of them so I guess it's time for me to duck out of the thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom