Between the conclusion of the MQ (concisely summarized by certain 4chan post by someone who played it so that we don't have to) and various bits of "brilliant" dialogue FO3 may even be more retarded than Oblivion, Jesus Fuck.
I played Fallout 3 back in the day. I still remember some of its most retarded elements, even though it's been 12 years since I last touched it. I'm currently playing through Fallout 4 and it's surprisingly decent, yet I've read several posts on normie websites like reddit, and opinions in Youtube videos, where people say Fallout 4 fucks with the lore of the Fallout series... while those very same people for some reason think Fallout 3 is okay. Did we play the same fucking Fallout 3??? This thing is not only pure lore rape, it's also pure logic rape.
Retarded things I remember:
- you can blow up the only major city in the game for no other reason than some guy in his highrise thinking it obstructs his view from the balcony; this guy owns a highrise and nothing else, there are no farms around him or anything, so if he blows up the only major city in the region where is he gonna get his food from??
- speaking of getting food, there is a distinct lack of food production settlements; New Vegas had farms and ranches dotting the landscape so you knew where people got their brahmin meat from, but Fallout 3? I don't remember a single farming settlement in the entire game; correct me if I'm wrong
- a general lack of logical settlements; the original Fallout had trade settlements like The Hub, New Vegas had plenty of farms, even Fallout 4 has a trade settlement and several farming settlements; Fallout 3 has Megaton and that one city inside an old ship, but other than that I don't remember a single settlement (at least settlement of normal people - there were plenty of settlements that make no sense whatsoever, see below)
- there was a quest about some cannibals or something whom you could convince with a speech check that they're actually vampires... uh what? I don't remember the specifics of this one but I do remember thinking "okay this is fucking stupid" when I finished the quest
- a village where people are terrified of two superheroes/villains regularly duking it out against each other; in the grim post-apocalyptic future of Fallout 3 where survival is harsh and even clean water is hard to come by, people are... dressing up as superheroes and duking it out in a village; right. okay. yeah. makes sense
- the whole water purifier main quest; it's 200 years after the war yet all the water is still irradiated to a high degree as if the bombs fell yesterday; and apparently you need a super high tech water purification system to make it potable; nevermind that every fucking Vault has an effective water filtration system (remember the water chip from FO1) and top scientists with adventurers at their disposal could just send a guy to salvage tech from a vault and reconstruct their filtration system... but no... the plot has top scientists working for years on a gigantic water filtration plant; also, you can get a robot companion who's able to purify water for you at no cost... and it's a very common Mr Handy model, so cheap and easy water filtration should be ubiquitous; also, apprently it's super easy to filter radioactive water: https://purewaterfreedom.com/filter-radiation
- Little Lamplight. A town made entirely of children. I don't think I have to go into why this is peak retard
- Super mutants at the East Coast in a huge number, even though only a limited batch should exist in the west coast because they were specifically made by the Master with FEV... how did they get here?
- Same with the Broterhood of Steel who crossed an entire continent and went from xenophobic isolationist tech-priests to interventionist do-gooder wasteland paladins
- Same with the Enclave... yeah, not a single one of the original Fallout's factions makes any sense whatsoever to even be in Fallout 3's area
- feral ghouls are literally zombies; while Fallout 4 is a vastly better and less retarded game than Fallout 3, it becomes even more apparent there: they act like zombies, you can lop off their limbs and even half their head and they'll survive it (like zombies), and one of the loading screen hints says "Feral ghouls are not zombies"... the fact that they had to write this in a loading screen is basically admitting that they feel like zombies so much, you have to remind people they're not; Fallout 3 started this shit
- the game is set 200 years after the war but a major gameplay loop is looting abandoned shopping malls and gobbling down canned food from before the war... which has been lying in rubble for the last two centuries; yeah not even Steve1989MRE would put that shit in his mouth