Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

For those that enjoyed POE/Tyranny

deama

Prophet
Back when PoE and tyranny came out I did a solo run of each.

For PoE I got close to the end but ended up giving up because solo-ing gave me a lot mor exp, so I capped out my lvl early on, but when I did I had no room to grow anymore, so no more real point in playing, especially since I didn't like the game all that much anyway.

Tyranny I liked from the beginning, and soloed it as well. I went with a type of monk (unarmed) but with using the magic system, I went with a type of lightning spell based monk, was pretty fun. I forgot what difficulty I played at, there was also a point early on that was too hard to solo, I either had to turn the difficulty way down, or had to get companions onboard, still, even with them, it was still damn hard.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Just finished the third replay. First time as rebels. I actually missed a whole branch of the game—5-10 hours of playtime—only to realize it during the subtitles! This game's possibilities in terms of various fractions, a totally different main line, or omitting or finding out new bits of story are beyond immense. My only gripe is that later on all the skill-checks become sort of an automatic-pass. Still, it was always a welcome sight to get a few more EXP for using a skill, so I don't mind it that much. Loved the characters too: a stealthy old man with a quill that could literally come stronger than a sword; a female gore-monger of a half-insane fighter who squirms at the notion of mercy given or received, yet can be loyal to a point; a burly woman commanding the very power of the tides, always quick to utter carnal jokes at the worst of times; a big guy tank clad in a non-removable armor with a stern and sad personal story; the imagination train going all the right directions here. I generally don't care for party romances, so I am glad that there were none in this game or that there were only a few hints of such stuff. I understand why people say it's easy, but I wouldn't say it's that simple. The game can be really unforgiving in early stages, it gets easier only like half-way through, with several boss fights still being a pain in the ass and is really easy only in latest stages.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Only for the weaklings and I-can't-have-anything-nice-anymore whiners like you.
Somehow I picture you with a wide-eyed shit eating grin a la
main-qimg-978b11e6bd30256f056dc805818f90cf-lq

Weird huh?

For PoE, use the Cipher. It is the pet class of Soyer so it has the best features. Beyond the best DPS, you'll also have the only decent CC in the game. They get some good buffs, and their resource isn't per day.

For Tyranny, full mage party is the way to go. Each will have their own specialty, but you'll want Gravelight spells on everyone. It's not merely a good school, but will save your bacon once you start fighting the red and blue wisps. Illusion is also very useful. I believe my main had 4 schools, while everyone else had 3.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom