Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fuckity FUCK fucking FUCK FUCK FUCK YOU

Dmitron

Arbiter

I agree

Suchy

Arcane
Dark Matter said:
Doom 2 is even worse, there is almost no aiming involved along the vertical axis. I bet they did it too please casual fags like Jimjob.

r00fles
In Doom2 you can't look up or down at all, so forget about aiming manually. In this case they're excused.

ElectricOtter

But all modern source ports have the option to look up and down with and without the mouse and to turn autoaim off. So just get ZDoom and STFU.

Suchy

Arcane
I'm talking about the original thing for DOS, not some underdeveloped port where obvious bugs are obvious.

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
ElectricOtter said:
But all modern source ports have the option to look up and down with and without the mouse and to turn autoaim off. So just get ZDoom and STFU.
Looking up and down doesn't look good in ZDoom. Use GZDoom for that.

ElectricOtter

Rohit_N said:
ElectricOtter said:
Looking up and down doesn't look good in ZDoom. Use GZDoom for that.
Yeah, I probably just bullshitting, cause I only use Skulltag for multiplayer.

I tried Eternity for a bit, but I perfect ChocolateDoom + keyboard only. Old skool, bitches.

EDIT: Here is a good comparison of all doom source ports running on Windows XP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom