Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Future Games at Blizzard

Grump

Novice
Hey guys, I just got a quick peek at a few other games Blizzard is working on besides DIII. It's gonna be awesome!

Future games in development at blizzard

StarcraftII
Starcraft II Xpansion: Brood War II
Diablo III Xpansion: The Really Dark Portal
Warcraft IV
Warcraft IV Xpansion: Lord of Lorderon
World of Diablo
World of Diablo: Wrath of Baal
Warcraft: Grunt *cancelled*
Starcraft Battlechest
Warcraft Battlechest
Diablo Battlechest
Galaxy of Starcraft
Galaxy of Starcraft Xpansion: Reign of Raynor
Diablo IV
Diablo IV Xpansion: The Burning Crusade II
World of Warcraft II
World of Warcraft II Xpansion:Tides of Profits
Starcraft Battlechest
Warcraft Battlechest
Diablo Battlechest
Diablo Adventures *cancelled*
Starcraft V
Starcraft V Xpansion:The Burning Crusade III
World of Diablo II
World of Diablo II Xpansion: The Really really dark Portal
Warcraft V
Warcraft V Xpansion: Wrath of Bad titles
Starcraft Battlechest
Diablo Battlechest
Warcraft Battlechest

ad infinitum

Texas Red

Whiner
Epic win.

People will keep buying this shit because of the name alone. There is nothing remarkable about those games, especially not Diablo.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You mean aside of the fact that they're well made, fun to play, extremely polished and have great, really great support, not to mention good art-design and a certain flair? This is the Codex; nobody here buys a game just because of its name or developer. People here play and buy games that are good and fun to play. Diablo, Warcraft 3, Starcraft all fit that bill for most people.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, they're a lot of fun, *especially* in multiplayer, and their stories are interesting enough to play through the campaigns. If you buy a Blizzard game, you're guaranteed to have fun for at least several hours. Yes, even WoW, although that one grows boring quickly. But it has awesome art design.

Basically, Blizzard are one of the last mainstream developers that stick to good quality and great art design instead of bloom and dumbing down. Gotta give them credit for that alone.

Raapys

Arcane
Dark Individual said:
Epic win.

People will keep buying this shit because of the name alone. There is nothing remarkable about those games, especially not Diablo.
Nonsense. Warcraft 2 was excellent because of atmosphere and, for its time, original and fun gameplay, and so was and still is Starcraft. Diablo 1 and 2 are excellent because of atmosphere and gameplay respectively.

Of course if you've got something against the whole hack'n'slash-hordes-of-enemies thing in general that sort of excludes you from having a meaningful opinion on the Diablo games.

So let's put it like this; there's a reason they actually have a name.

Grump

Novice
Jasede said:
You mean aside of the fact that they're well made, fun to play, extremely polished and have great, really great support, not to mention good art-design and a certain flair? This is the Codex; nobody here buys a game just because of its name or developer. People here play and buy games that are good and fun to play. Diablo, Warcraft 3, Starcraft all fit that bill for most people.

Diablo II wasn't that great a game. Certainly not up to the standards of starcraft or diablo I. This is from somebody who beat it several times. Blizzard could have gone the better path of daring to make something thats actually new but its clear that they are playing it safe and milking all three franchises till they're bone dry.

Raapys

Arcane
Grump said:
Diablo II wasn't that great a game. Certainly not up to the standards of starcraft or diablo I. This is from somebody who beat it several times. Blizzard could have gone the better path of daring to make something thats actually new but its clear that they are playing it safe and milking all three franchises till they're bone dry.

Ah yes, unlike all other developers. M&M IX, NFS 13?, Wizardry 8, Half-Life Episode 19834918491, Call of Duty 4, etc.etc.

Blizzard at least still haven't gone past 2 sequels in any of their franchises.

MetalCraze

Arcane
damn don't you dis blizz faggots
they are still making pc exclusives that have a great multiplayer that is actually fun.
yes Blizzard sucks at graphics horribly with their warcraft 3 style but that can be forgiven easily. besides their games have very good design choices (especially balance between totally different characters/races and very different characters/races themselves), other developers are not so lucky when it comes to that.

Black

Arcane
Who the fuck cares if they're at least as fun to play as previous titles?

Ander Vinz

Scholar
Grumpy, you're stupid.

edit: got a mac version of WC3 recently. Nice and fun.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
JarlFrank said:
Basically, Blizzard are one of the last mainstream developers that stick to good quality and great art design instead of bloom and dumbing down. Gotta give them credit for that alone.
They also seem to understand that investing in graphics that need GeForce999999 to play is a dead end, since this way you are investing money in reducing number of your customers.

Caveman

Scholar
Bashing Blizzard is so stupid. You dumbfucks!

I love the way how they announce new games.
Great cinematic and gameplay movies first day.

No endless bullshiting like with Fallout 3.

Blizzard is the best company ever.

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
ADOM > Diablo

I don't have anything against Blizzard. I don't hate their games, but I don't get very excited when they announce new titles either.

elander_

Arbiter
I agree. Blizzard is one of the most professional companies around and they make their own classics. They aren't losers who need to buy game series made by other people.

spiwak

Novice
Who cares? It's the same with Nintendo, blah blah dead horse blah blah fun games blah blah massive sales.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom