Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gamasutra Interview with Feargus

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The Western RPG is in a renaissance of popularity and creative richness right now, thanks to titles like BioWare's Mass Effect and Bethesda's Fallout 3
Hey Rohit_N, you need to put stuff like this in your post to attract nerdrage.

Carceri

Arcane
creative richness

By all means, yes!
fallout-3-4.jpg

pete_hines_01.JPG

3205SquallSnake7.jpg

girl-smile-missing-tooeth1.jpg

foutwastelandsupmutant.jpg

5yboheq.jpg

fallout_3_31.jpg

fallout_3_12.jpg

663872-vault_boy_manip_super.jpg

OH GAWD IT'S HEAVAN!!!111

Wyrmlord

Arcane
3205SquallSnake7.jpg

That city does not look half bad.

Man, if Bethesda considered making their own post apocalyptic game, without trying to peg it into someone else's setting, they may have come up with something really fresh. Perhaps a mixture of abandoned industrial areas mixed up with swampy lands, if their recent DLCs are any indication.

circ

Arcane
Bethesda? Fresh? Yeah no. Without the Fallout "influences", FO3 is a very bland shooter with stats that don't seem to do anything and dialogue that makes punching yourself in the balls sound like a good idea. But yes. It does not disappoint in the graphics department. If you turn off the bloom.

Black

Arcane
RPGs moving forward? That's funny way of saying "RPGs are moving backwards and are being dumbed down".

circ

Arcane
Always surprising to hear people say that.

Let me rephrase. The faces of everything including you still look like playdough, but Bethesda has improved from Oblivion, where the faces looked like a mishmash of mentally challenged, ugly and vaguely humanoid. Way to go Bethesda. Textures and so on are perfectly fine, I don't care. So everything looks murky and brown, whatever.

skyway

Educated
Nobody gives a shit about creativity in setting. There are tons of creative idiots. But creative gameplay I havent seen in a while. Probably not the developers fault but mostly the publishers.

entertainer

Arbiter
I wish some developer would come up and talk about how shit falout 3 is in an interview. Now it's just cocksucking everywhere...

Maybe things would be better if they had a smaller team and took longer to work on a game, getting more creative time with it, rather than just a year of crunch time basically?

circ

Arcane
No. They're staffed by retards that think more nukes are cool. They can't get more creative because they're a screwed up kind of creative.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom