Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview GamePlayer's 101 facts about Fallout 3

Truth

Scholar
elander_ said:
Best system for moding weapons is the one used in JA2.

Deus Ex was good too, attribute-wise (scope/no scope, silencer, reload time, base accuracy, effective range, magazine size). Implementation was a little meh (like spamming copies of tools to open a door).

Heh, another use for carrying all those picks and multi-tools around.

Nano-machines. Piracy is theft because nano-machines are being removed from inventory. Or something.

Gerrard

Arcane
Truth said:
elander_ said:
Best system for moding weapons is the one used in JA2.

Deus Ex was good too, attribute-wise (scope/no scope, silencer, reload time, base accuracy, effective range, magazine size). Implementation was a little meh (like spamming copies of tools to open a door).
Nanomachines did it.

gc051360

Scholar
You can use a teddy bear as ammo to kill someone?

That's wicked fucking stupid.

If you're going to use a teddy bear as a weapon, you'd suffocate someone.

LRP

Novice
So are they gonna have, radioactive, mutant mud crabs? Or... perhaps using them as ammo with an improvised sling shot, or with whatever weapon fires the bobble heads? Is it true, the bobble heads are gonna be "Barbie" heads? That last question is serious, more or less. I thought I read somewhere, it was Barbie heads, not bobble heads, guess I need to start increasing the text size :oops:

Yea well, this is really too bad, a terrible shame, but all the leaks about the game prior to this, means this comes as no surprise.

Badgermaster

Educated
LRP said:
So are they gonna have, radioactive, mutant mud crabs?

Radcrabs.

radcrab.jpg

Horrible creatures.

Longshanks

Augur
LRP said:
Is it true, the bobble heads are gonna be "Barbie" heads? That last question is serious, more or less. I thought I read somewhere, it was Barbie heads, not bobble heads, guess I need to start increasing the text size :oops:
Barbie doll heads can be used as ammo. Bobble heads are the collectible stat-boosting items.

Xerxos

Novice
BillyOgawa said:
There are mini-games to enjoy, like lock-picking, and tuning in you Pip-boy to find radio signals which may give you directions to quests and survivors.
Is there a person in the world that enjoys such mini-games? I mean really?
Sure there is... There are even whole gaming machines just for that! Here is one!

:wink:

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
We love a good ‘wow!’ moment in a video game. A truly astounding instant, choreographed to perfection, that makes you truly sit back and go ‘Fuck Me!’ To be so stunned your thumbs freeze while your eyes open in wonder. Some examples? The first time you walk out from the ruins in Far Cry and gaze upon the tropical paradise that is set to be your playground. The nuclear explosion in Call of Duty 4. In God of War when you climb the outside of the city walls, walk through the red curtain and peer upon your 20-story tall enemy for the first time. When you first leave the forest in Ocarina of Time and watch the setting sun. Laying your eyes on Rapture in Bioshock as you skim along the ocean floor in the biosphere. Or perhaps most relevant of all, exiting the sewers in Oblivion and walking into the next-generation for the first time.

There aren't enough facepalms in the world.

LRP

Novice
Aww Hell! I thought I was making a joke about mud crabs *sighs* I had no idea they was for realz. They up and grew legs! This just goes from bad to worse.

Next thing you gonna tell me is there's Betty Boop doll heads to increase cha or something... .... :shock:

ushdugery

Scholar
Taking out the rpg elements.
Real time combat.
Fighting zombies and cultists.
Tuning in you Pip-boy to find radio signals which may give you directions to quests and survivors.
Exploding cars in to packs of the infected.
Running them down with a lawn mower.
What next hand to hand combo moves?

This isn't fallout this is the next capcom game "Dead Rising: Outside the Mall" thank god I knew these silly journalists had to be making a mixup from the start it didn't sound like fallout at all.

DraQ

Arcane
BillyOgawa said:
When you first leave the forest in Ocarina of Time and watch the setting sun. Laying your eyes on Rapture in Bioshock as you skim along the ocean floor in the biosphere. Or perhaps most relevant of all, exiting the sewers in Oblivion and walking into the next-generation for the first time.
My god, this "next-generation" bullshit is just comical now. It doesn't even seem serious anymore. I read that and for a second I thought the writer was mocking the idea.
Exactly. There was only one such "wow" moment in the entire history of gaming and it was leaving the Vortex Rikers in Unreal. Author should quit being a retard and, in case that's all he can do, self-terminate.

Sovy Kurosei said:
You cannot see your hands in 1st-person view unless you are holding a weapon: the screen is 100% dedicated to the world. It’s a bit weird when your character picks up an object (seemingly) by osmosis.

Osmosis is the next-gen telekinesis.
Win.

Pure win.

Bottom line:
There is still not enough win in this thread, to compensate for an epic fail named Fallout 3.

Section8

Cipher
This isn't fallout this is the next capcom game "Dead Rising: Outside the Mall" thank god I knew these silly journalists had to be making a mixup from the start it didn't sound like fallout at all.

The difference being that Dead Rising was great fun and a great challenge while Fallout 3 will basically play itself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom