Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games for Windows reaction to FO3 trailer

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This was so rearted. Just plain retarted.

"OMG IT WUZ ONLY TAH INTRO TRAILER BUT IT ROXXORED BECUZ ITZ SURLY GONNA BE FIRST PERSUN REEL TAIM OMG OMG WTF!!!"

I want to kill these people.
After picking the Bloody Mess perk.

Especially that "I don't want a turn based game" comment was retarted. If that guy would be anywhere near me, his life wouldn't last longer than the time it needs to reach his home by car. Every RPG nowadays is turn based, and he doesn't want any turn based combat? Then go and buy something else and leave Fallout, you bitch.

Mr. Teatime

Liturgist
It really was embarassing. It made me cringe reading that shit. Jesus. Retards, retards, retards.

gc051360

Scholar
Especially that "I don't want a turn based game" comment was retarted.

It wasn't a "I don't want a turn based game" It's "We don't need another one"

Apparently one is too many, and everything needs to be the exact same for these people. They are videogame nazis.

Avin

Liturgist
If that's in game footage, at least it looks post-apocalyptic.

Kotario

Liturgist
Ander Vinz said:
I am quite unaware of english gaming sites and don't understand what's so special about these guys. Are they some kind of gaming guru or what? Does their opinion that matter to RPGCodex?
Sean Molloy - Managing Editor 'Games for Windows'
Shawn Elliott - Editor 'Games for Windows'
Jeff Green - Editor-in-Chief 'Games for Windows'
Darren Gladstone - Senior Editor 'Games for Windows'

These guys are all paid employees of a professional gaming publication. They only further prove, as if there was much doubt, that large segments of gaming journalism are a joke bereft of even the pretext of professionalism.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Sean: "Actually, to play the devil's paralegal, I think the only thing that gave me pause was Hellboy uttering that line at the end. Yeah, we're talking about a friggin' trailer, but if you play some soldier, that strikes me as kinda...well, obvious."

These guys truly are stupid motherfuckers. It's completely obvious they have never played a Fallout game. If they had they would have recognized the importance of Perlman's "War, war never changes." line. That, and they seem to think you play as a soldier.

Ander Vinz

Scholar
Kotario said:
These guys are all paid employees of a professional gaming publication. They only further prove, as if there was much doubt, that large segments of gaming journalism are a joke bereft of even the pretext of professionalism.
Nothing to add.

Texas Red

Whiner
Fat Dragon said:
Sean: "Actually, to play the devil's paralegal, I think the only thing that gave me pause was Hellboy uttering that line at the end. Yeah, we're talking about a friggin' trailer, but if you play some soldier, that strikes me as kinda...well, obvious."

These guys truly are stupid motherfuckers. It's completely obvious they have never played a Fallout game. If they had they would have recognized the importance of Perlman's "War, war never changes." line. That, and they seem to think you play as a soldier.

Why would you want to play Fallout when according to Gamespot review

Literally almost everything that's ever been done well before in past role-playing games is in here--done at least as well, if not better.

THIS IS A TRUE SENTENCE FOUND IN GAMESPOT'S OBLIVION REVIEW.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Ander Vinz said:
I am quite unaware of english gaming sites and don't understand what's so special about these guys. Are they some kind of gaming guru or what? Does their opinion that matter to RPGCodex?

Magazine has been around since 1981 and was the main one dealing with computer games and covered RPG games quite a bit over the years. The editor's in the early days were heavy into covering RPG's.

I used to really love it, but I think its getting worse with the new Editor in Chief Jeff Green who took over in 2002. Its a shell of the magazine it once was.

I think I have a late 80's mag or 2 left around somewhere.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
The Walkin' Dude said:
Fat Dragon said:

Why would you want to play Fallout when according to Gamespot review

Literally almost everything that's ever been done well before in past role-playing games is in here--done at least as well, if not better.

THIS IS A TRUE SENTENCE FOUND IN GAMESPOT'S OBLIVION REVIEW.

Gamespot has always been full of idiots. Gamespot gave Oblivion a better review score than Fallout.

Deleted member 7219

So you are whining because a couple of geeky editors at a gaming magazine have a different opinion than you? You must really hate the real world, VD.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Matt7895 said:
So you are whining because a couple of geeky editors at a gaming magazine have a different opinion than you? You must really hate the real world, VD.
Whining? Because I happened to disagree with these guys? As for opinions, comments like "enough with teh turn-based gaems already lol" or "wow a first person Oblivion shooter - it's truly a Fallout game" are nothing but stupid and can't be classified as different opinions.

Helton

Arcane
Fat Dragon said:

I thought you'd made that up but...

Holy shit, he actually wrote that. This has to be (edit:)satire.

Relayer71

Liturgist
And Bethesda continues its quest for world domination with the help of it's Mass Legion Of Cocksuckers.

The other publications/websites may as well begin writing their glowing reviews.

After all the trailer totally rocks and no matter how fucked up the quests, combat system, levelling system, user interface, voice acting, writing, and pacing are the game will be, "The New Role Playing Masterpiece From The Makers Of That Flawless Gem Of A Classic Oblivion!".

Briosafreak

Augur
I think the only thing that gave me pause was Hellboy uttering that line right at the end.

The second I heard the first few notes from The Ink Blots

You get olde radiola tunes, a quick glimpse at Pip (the original Fallout boy!) in those propaganda posters on the bus. So yup, this is Fallout. I'm also now completely convinced it's gonna be some first-person Oblivion-style thing. ...

Unbelievable. Just freaking unbelievable. Sad too.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
"As it stands right now, the only taste I'm getting is of a roid-riddled tough guy (Ron Pearlman) in armor spouting toughguy tawk: "War never changes." Indeed!"

What? Was it the power armor guy doing the talking at the end or have they never played the first two games?

Karl

Novice
"Pip, the Fallout boy" is actually pretty funny. Hilarious even. Can't stop giggling.

Pegultagol

Erudite
Let me say the opposite with equal indiscretion; Fallout is not Fallout with isometric view.

Do these dolts really have the temerity to cite turn based gameplay as the reason that they welcome this bold new direction? Games for Windows? Windows as in another 'platform' consideration and not as the encompassing virtual archive including where these supposed games evolved from; the disregard for such history makes it obvious for their looking blindly toward the future for sensationalist mainstream crap and bowing from wither the wind blows.

Jinxed

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
<blockquote>...Minor bitching and general dickery aside, let me say this: Wow. Inside of two minutes, Bethesda confirmed what I pretty much knew all along-that the Fallout franchise is in very capable hands.</blockquote>Is it some kinda best blowjob competition event? It would help if we know what the rules are.

Last one to come gets to drink all the other guy's semen. Honestly, where the fuck are all these fallout setting experts suddenly come from?

Oh yeah, VD, you missed out this one:

20030425007100510.jpg

This teaser looks perfect! Bethesda is doing a fine job! Death to the Turn-Based infidels!

Section8

Cipher
Heh. And people wonder why my own reaction was so immoderate. While I'd love to be down-the-line reasonable, I think someone has to at least try to counteract the hype, lest the world implode under the sheer weight of it.

Top Hat

Scholar
What's really sad was that I used to like Computer Gaming World. It used to have good reviews which were actually critical of games.

Jeff Green is the Todd Howard of CGW.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom