Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gaming Leaks: Non-comprehensive list of Capcom games in development.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
- MH Stories 2 (Q1 FY21)

- DGS 12 (Q1 FY21)

- SHIELD (Q3 FY21)

- RESIDENT EVIL OUTBREAK (Q4 FY21)

- REGOLITH (Q4 FY21)

- "Indies 2" (Q1 FY22)

- "Indies 2 port" (Q2 FY22)

- Dragon's Dogma 2 (Q2 FY22)

- STREET FIGHTER 6 (Q3 FY22)

- ROCKMAN MATCH (Q3 FY22)

- RESIDENT EVIL 4 REMAKE (Q4 FY22)

- ONIMUSHA NEW WORK (Q4 FY22)

- MH NS G (QY F22)

- SHIELD G (Q4 FY22)

- Monster Hunter 6 (Q2 FY23)

- BIOHAZARD APOCALYPSE (Q3 FY23)

- CAPTAIN COMMANDO (Q4 FY23)

- SSF6 (Q4 FY23)

- NEW C (Q1 FY24)

- FINAL FIGHT REMAKE (Q2 FY24)

- POWER STONE REMAKE (Q3 FY24)

- NEW B (Q4 FY24)

- Ultra SF6 (Q4 FY24)

- Resident Evil Hank (Q4 FY24)

Sauce:
sjm6fqbwb7061.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/jx3z2o/leaked_capcom_schedule/

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
People scoff at the RE4 remake, but honestly that game has always been a tad bit too cumbersome for me to enjoy. Give it the RE2 remake's movement and such and I'd be ten times more likely to actually finish the damn thing.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
People scoff at the RE4 remake, but honestly that game has always been a tad bit too cumbersome for me to enjoy. Give it the RE2 remake's movement and such and I'd be ten times more likely to actually finish the damn thing.
Yes, just make it even easier and less scary than what it is already.

Tehdagah

Arcane
I wonder how they're going to handle remaking RE4. You can't really improve upon how the game was made beyond making the game better-looking and adding in moving while shooting, maybe.You can't change the story away from the camp but I get the feeling that modern Capcom would try too hard (in a bad way) if they went for camp. They should probably go for remaking RE0 and the original again. Yeah, that's like the fourth or fifth, but I can potentially see that being good, rather than a travesty.
Better controls, combat system and more capable enemies.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
You can't really improve upon how the game was made beyond making the game better-looking and adding in moving while shooting, maybe.
Resident Evil 4 was a game that suffered through a substantial phase of development hell. In fact, so many ideas and assets were created and eventually discarded that some of those parts eventually morphed into Devil May Cry.

As for improvements, it's painfully obvious that the first act (the village) was far more polished and thought out than either the castle or the island - so any eventual remake would have to substantially improve the later parts of the game (the island especially) to bring it up to the high standards of the opening locale.

Additionally, RE4 was never designed around fighting enemies that predominantly wield ranged weapons, which is something that also needs addressing and fixing to improve the last third of the game.

Then there's the fact that many of the weapons in the game are not worth buying/upgrading and there's a very predictable and "optimal" loadout. The weapons would require a substantial rebalance to make the whole arsenal viable for use throughout the whole game.

Finally, and on a more subjective note, the control scheme needs some work. Leon should be able to move around (slowly) while aiming, and there should be controls that allow swapping weapons and grenades without having to constantly pause the game to go into the inventory.

Unwanted

Ataraxia

Unwanted
sjm6fqbwb7061.png

Is it normal for some titles to be written in English only?

I mean, based on what can be seen from the image linked above, games like onimusha and resident evil seem to have both english and japanese titles written on them yet for SHIELD, REGOLITH, and Dragon's Dogma 2, only the English titles are shown.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
All of the changes you've mentioned would make RE4 substantially worse and more identical to other 3rd shooters

it's painfully obvious that the first act (the village) was far more polished and thought out than either the castle or the island

No it's not
RE4 is a very nicely paced game
There's no section where the game noticeably drags on or rushes that pacing
It's knows exactely when to build-up and when to pay off
And each chapter of the game equally well designed

If got this notion that that the last 2 chapters are somehow underdeveloped compared to the village, because they ditch more and more the horror and replace it with action, then let me tell you something...
That was completely intentional
The game is supposed to become less about you surviving and more about the enemies surviving you

In fact the last act of every RE game is always more action focused than the previous 2 acts
To quote the director of RE4 - creator of the franchise himself:

Shinji Mikami said:
To me, survival horror is a balance between a scary kind of gameplay and the challenge of overcoming that fear. You get a sense of achievement out of that. The fine balance between those two is what makes survival horror.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/0...me-out-of-the-commercial-failure-of-re-remake

That's why, even in the classic games, there are boss figths and the final hours are full-on action levels, chock full enemies and spectacle

RE4 was never designed around fighting enemies that predominantly wield ranged weapons

If it wasn't designed around enemies with long range weapons than they wouldn't have put them in 2 thirds of the game
And no enemies don't predominantly use long range weapons, most of them use melee weapons
At most you get a handful of crossbowmen in a arena filled with close quarters fighters

Then there's the fact that many of the weapons in the game are not worth buying/upgrading and there's a very predictable and "optimal" loadout.

???

RE4 features a very small variety of weapons
You have 5 handguns, 3 shotguns, 2 rifles, 3 magnums, 2 submachine guns and some 4/5 special weapons
With the "broken" weapons and upgrades all behind completionist challenges

Those weapons have different properties in their respective categories that doesn't necessarily one better than the other (except of course for the "broken" ones) and you can only buy said wepons after many chapters past
So saying that one is not worth investing because later in the game you get one that better suits your interest, is even more idiotic than saying that mid tier weapons in RPG's are useless because you get acess to high tier ones in the late game

Finally, and on a more subjective note, the control scheme needs some work. Leon should be able to move around (slowly) while aiming,

Glad you said subjective because that would be one of the worst possible changes you could make to RE4
It would be like removing tank controls from God Hand

RE4 combat is mainly about positioning and crowd control, that's why aiming is so "high commitment"

The enemies hitboxes are precise (even kinda small), plus there's no hitscanning and their animations have so many antecipation frames that when the player gets hit it's entirely his fault
Then the levels are so spacious and full of different elevations, branching paths, cover and choke points that if the player gets cornered, again it's entirely his fault

So by making Leon nimble and giving him the ability to walk during aiming, you would completely remove the challenge of the above paragraph

and there should be controls that allow swapping weapons and grenades without having to constantly pause the game to go into the inventory.

Agree on this

deuxhero

Arcane
I would change the title. This list is apparently not comprehensive (It's missing several games that are already announced, and all mobile "games"), and was made before Wuhan Flu induced delays. I note they're expecting ロックマン対戦 to be the best selling Mega Man game ever by a large margin with 2 mil sales (Mega Man 2=1.5 million. BN4=1.35 mil, 11=1.3 mil, X=1.16 mil, Legacy Collection=1.1 mil, 3=1.08 mil and everything else is under 1 million. All of those are lifetime, not launch, sales).

Is it normal for some titles to be written in English only?

I mean, based on what can be seen from the image linked above, games like onimusha and resident evil seem to have both english and japanese titles written on them yet for SHIELD, REGOLITH, and Dragon's Dogma 2, only the English titles are shown.

It's clear the titles written in both had the "English" (it's a really bad machine translation and should be "Resident Evil Outrage" and "Rockman vs."/"Rockman Fighting") added by whoever took the screenshot (the google translate window should have been a big clue...). Having a title be written in English is normal enough for Nipponese games though (You can see it on the original Dragon's Dogma box art).

Tehdagah

Arcane
In fact the last act of every RE game is always more action focused than the previous 2 acts
To quote the director of RE4 - creator of the franchise himself:

Shinji Mikami said:
To me, survival horror is a balance between a scary kind of gameplay and the challenge of overcoming that fear. You get a sense of achievement out of that. The fine balance between those two is what makes survival horror.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/0...me-out-of-the-commercial-failure-of-re-remake
He was talking about The Evil Within, not RE4. This is what he said about RE4.

The Resident Evil remake is actually one of my favorites of the series too. But it didn't sell very well,” Mikami said. “Maybe there weren't many people ready to accept that. Because of the reaction to the Resident Evil remake, I decided to work more action into Resident Evil 4. Resident Evil 4 would have been a more scary, horror-focused game if the remake had sold well.”

With Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, and all the rest of the series before Resident Evil 4, I was always saying to the staff, ‘Scaring the player is the number one thing.’ But for the first time, in Resident Evil 4, I told the team that fun gameplay is the most important thing. That’s what I said. Then the second thing [would be ] nothing. And then the third thing is to be scary.

As for gameplay changes on the remake, making Leon more agile would allow developers to increase the enemy quantity and their abilities.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
He was talking about The Evil Within, not RE4

In that quote I posted he's talking about the genre itself and not a specific game

making Leon more agile would allow developers to increase the enemy quantity and their abilities.

Again
RE4 combat is about crowd control and positioning, both of which revolve around Leon's movement and his "high commitment" to the aiming - which also dictates the pacing to said combat
Change that, and you have to change everything else, since everything else was designed around the above
Hence why my comparasion to God Hand
Because if you remove the tank controls from God Hand, you can't have God Hand's combat and everything else needs to be reworked
That's why you cannot modify in a significant way RE4 gameplay and expect it to have the same experience and game feel

Unwanted

Ataraxia

Unwanted
It's clear the titles written in both had the "English" (it's a really bad machine translation and should be "Resident Evil Outrage" and "Rockman vs."/"Rockman Fighting") added by whoever took the screenshot (the google translate window should have been a big clue...).

Yeah, you're right. The fact that the English titles were only written after it was leaked didn't dawned on me, somehow.

Having a title be written in English is normal enough for Nipponese games though (You can see it on the original Dragon's Dogma box art)

Yep, I do remember trying out some games through emulators that not only have their titles written in english but also menus like NEW GAME, LOAD GAME, OPTION, etc... only for the succeeding dialogue and text to be made up of 99% nihongo after choosing the 'new game' / starting the game proper. Makes me wonder why they do that since the majority of the game's target audience would be composed of the native japanese.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I've never been on board the "bad control makes it scarier" train, sorry. Alien Isolation controls like a standard FPS game and it was way scarier than any RE game.
Personally, I like tank controls, but not from that argument. Tank controls make sense if you're on a system with one or no analog sticks or you're doing more realistic movement to an extent. Also, not having tank controls in a game with a camera like Resident Evil is a really bad idea and leads to issues when the camera changes.
Resident Evil 4 was a game that suffered through a substantial phase of development hell. In fact, so many ideas and assets were created and eventually discarded that some of those parts eventually morphed into Devil May Cry.
Yes, but that's not going to show in a remake, is it? I'd like to see the weird prototypes they were working on before the final product fleshed out, same with RE2, but those aren't going to pop up here, are they?
As for improvements, it's painfully obvious that the first act (the village) was far more polished and thought out than either the castle or the island - so any eventual remake would have to substantially improve the later parts of the game (the island especially) to bring it up to the high standards of the opening locale.
I've played more than a few games with half-baked sections and RE4 doesn't exactly scream out as half-baked to me. The plot doesn't suddenly stop, there are tons of new elements and setpieces. I dunno, is there something I've missed in my dozen or so playthroughs?
Then there's the fact that many of the weapons in the game are not worth buying/upgrading and there's a very predictable and "optimal" loadout. The weapons would require a substantial rebalance to make the whole arsenal viable for use throughout the whole game.
Is it? Because I remember there being a lot of debate around the subject. And thinking about it now you'd ultimately select the optimal loadout for your own playing style, not someone else's. There's a long-range shotgun, a high-damaging one, and one that holds 100 shells, for instance. Maybe I like having 100 shells and you like sniping people. I can't really think of any weapon range with a bad egg. Maybe the automatic magnum could be improved, but the rest, nah.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
The next fall of the gaming market cannot come soon enough.
Hollywood is in serious risk of getting BTFO by covid and they don't seem to be intent on cutting the woke crap; imagine what will happen to one of the few hobbies that can be actually enjoyed in the comfort of home, such as vidya.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Hollywood is in serious risk of getting BTFO by covid and they don't seem to be intent on cutting the woke crap; imagine what will happen to one of the few hobbies that can be actually enjoyed in the comfort of home, such as vidya.

Netflix and Hulu shows are even more woke than Hollywood films, so I don't know why Covid would help anything. Most of this is to get those sweet millennial and zoomer dollars, so I doubt anything changes.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
AFAIK Netflix has been losing money for a while, but (((certain companies))) seem to be outside the regular market economy and don't need to worry about supply and demand.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Resident Evil 8 spoilers ahead:

(Probably not much a spoiler when you think about it in the context of how RE7 played out and certain mechanics in the game, but anyway they found the following information in the animatics folder's file names)

There are animation files with the title of "Secondary_after_Ethan" and "Ethan_death_Primary"

Combine that with the fact that there have been leaks from playtesters that there is
a completely new female character you control in a portion of the game
and it seems like that could be it for ole
Ethan

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...om_leak_archive_78_preview_re8_spoilers_re_4/

Kinda weird if it all shakes out like it seems it will.
I get that they want to have character deaths to up the stakes, and at the same time they can't kill Chris, but it just seems like a waste to kill Ethan off since 1) it won't really matter to most players so it's not really going to be an effective use, and 2) i was growing to like Ethan. Just seems like a waste. Also the female character that was playtested is apparently completely new, it's not Mia or anything.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
But wait, there is more and it's less soy-infested. This time it's real meat.

IP
  • MH Stories 2 (Q1 FY21)
  • DGS 12 (Q1 FY21)
  • SHIELD (Q3 FY21)
  • RESIDENT EVIL OUTRAGE (Q4 FY21) - Revelations 3?
  • REGOLITH (Q4 FY21)
  • "Indies 2" (Q1 FY22)
  • "Indies 2 port" (Q2 FY22)
  • Dragon's Dogma 2 (Q2 FY22)
  • STREET FIGHTER 6 (Q3 FY22)
  • ROCKMAN MATCH (Q3 FY22)
  • RESIDENT EVIL 4 REMAKE (Q4 FY22)
  • ONIMUSHA NEW WORK (Q4 FY22)
  • MH NS G (Q4 FY22)
  • SHIELD G (Q4 FY22)
  • Monster Hunter 6 (Q2 FY23)
  • BIOHAZARD APOCALYPSE (Q3 FY23)
  • CAPTAIN COMMANDO (Q4 FY23)
  • SSF6 (Q4 FY23)
  • NEW C (Q1 FY24)
  • FINAL FIGHT REMAKE (Q2 FY24)
  • POWER STONE REMAKE (Q3 FY24)
  • NEW B (Q4 FY24)
  • Ultra SF6 (Q4 FY24)
  • Resident Evil Hunk (Q4 FY24)

Dagon Dogma 2? My poor heart... though I learn to never getting hope in XXI century - it still can happen.

Cutscene list from Village
>Cutscene list

Recollection with MiaSecondary
Cars collide, Elena and 2F Secondary
Heading to Elena and the Attic_Secondary
Miranda killing Urien_secondary
Mrs. Dmitresk's Threat_Secondary
Mrs. Mutation in the Tower_Secondary
Resolve the misunderstanding with ChrisSecondary
Resolve the misunderstanding with Chris (second half)
Miranda appears and Ethan dies secondary
Chris edition start_secondary
Giant Kadu Bomb Installation_Secondary
Giant Kadu Bomb Installation_Director Check
Mia rescue_secondary
Confronting MirandaSecondary
Defeat Miranda Entrust Rose to self-destruct secondary
Chris and Mia _ Secondary to escape with a helicopter

cVaImz.jpg

l3hPkf.jpg

https://otakualt1.gitlab.io/-/capcomlk78/-/jobs/875779230/artifacts/public/index.html

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom