Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gauging Interest in a Play-by-post OSR Dungeon Crawl

Preferred System(s)

• Beyond the Wall

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Dungeon Crawl Classics

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Old-School Essentials (with Advanced Fantasy supplements)

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Swords & Wizardry Complete

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Lamentations of the Flame Princess

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Kingcomrade (other, post in the comments)

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm down as an alternate.

nikolokolus

Arcane
For those interested in following along, this is the game thread.

I've got the list of alternates in case anybody else drops out. We're at six right now and that is proving to be a manageable number . . . if things seem to be going really smoothly and it feels like I can add another player, I'll reach out to the alternates that expressed interest here (but no promises right now).

Stella Brando

Arcane
228272.gif

I didn't have a great showing last time (played for a short time and then dropped out), but I wish everyone the best.

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
The last night in Vyones proves to be even more fraught with peril. Finn, in a bout of drunkeness, decides to get into a philosophical debate about the merits of Christianity compared to the benefits of the Mithrasian Mysteries. The heresy proves to be too much for this Catalonian knight bearing, a cross of black to bear, and he challenges the young man to a duel at dawn. That evening, sensing that his companion might be in over his head, Grima rents a room at the high-end inn the knight is residing at and casts a ward of Wizard Lock on his door, preventing him from attending the duel to his great shame. When the knight Armand doesn't show, Finn seeks him out in his apartments and asks him if he wishes to carry through with it. Mollified and humbled, the knight begs apology for speaking out in drunkeness and acknowledges that Finn is no coward, and the two men agree to part ways, satisfied that honor is satisfied.

So how much did you get for this, if anything, SoupNazi?

Also I've been meaning to ask, nikolokolus, where'd you get the Averoigne and Les Hiboux maps? Are there any official or semi-official CAS adventures anywhere?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The last night in Vyones proves to be even more fraught with peril. Finn, in a bout of drunkeness, decides to get into a philosophical debate about the merits of Christianity compared to the benefits of the Mithrasian Mysteries. The heresy proves to be too much for this Catalonian knight bearing, a cross of black to bear, and he challenges the young man to a duel at dawn. That evening, sensing that his companion might be in over his head, Grima rents a room at the high-end inn the knight is residing at and casts a ward of Wizard Lock on his door, preventing him from attending the duel to his great shame. When the knight Armand doesn't show, Finn seeks him out in his apartments and asks him if he wishes to carry through with it. Mollified and humbled, the knight begs apology for speaking out in drunkeness and acknowledges that Finn is no coward, and the two men agree to part ways, satisfied that honor is satisfied.

Also I've been meaning to ask, nikolokolus, where'd you get the Averoigne and Les Hiboux maps? Are there any official or semi-official CAS adventures anywhere?
Try this thread jack : https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/osr-games-official-thread.124184/page-29#post-7461751

SoupNazi

I think it was like 400XP and later on a freely recruitable companion.

nikolokolus

Arcane

The map of Averoigne I think came from the Eldritch Dark website (a CAS fansite that has all of his published works available to read and some other bits). The Les Hiboux map was repurposed/edited from a module (Barrowmaze).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom