Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GDC 2007: The Evolution of the RPG at 1UP

AlanC9

Liturgist
suibhne said:
DA is party-based, and Gaider has even suggested in these forums that they may have a semi-top-down "tactical view" for battles even tho the world exploration camera will be behind-the-shoulder (or, uh, something like that - I can't remember :wink: ). I don't know whether the separate tactical camera is still possible, but it at least sounds like Bioware wants combat to be genuinely tactical from a party-based perspective - nothing at all like either G3 or Oblivion/Morrowind, in other words

I thought the dual camera modes were a done deal, from posts on the Bio forums. So it's KotOR-like for movement and exploration, and top-down for combat. (Though I recall someone saying that camera switching was optional)

Drakron

Arcane
Re: THE DINGO'S ATE MY BABY!

bobo_monkey said:
Imagine if somebody did a Japanese manga about a Lich encountering some adventurers....

Actually "Record of Lodoss War" is based on D&D, its currently part of "Sword World RPG" that is 2d6 system.

I liked "Rune Soldier" better that "Record" ...

(Oh, tentacle rape is not as common as you might think).

doctor_kaz

Scholar
AlanC9 said:
suibhne said:
DA is party-based, and Gaider has even suggested in these forums that they may have a semi-top-down "tactical view" for battles even tho the world exploration camera will be behind-the-shoulder (or, uh, something like that - I can't remember :wink: ). I don't know whether the separate tactical camera is still possible, but it at least sounds like Bioware wants combat to be genuinely tactical from a party-based perspective - nothing at all like either G3 or Oblivion/Morrowind, in other words

I thought the dual camera modes were a done deal, from posts on the Bio forums. So it's KotOR-like for movement and exploration, and top-down for combat. (Though I recall someone saying that camera switching was optional)

This is such a long overdue good idea that it surprises me that it took so long.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
BIO is awesome. They release no games in 2006 yet their games still outsell the competition it seems. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom