Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Get Fallout 3 + Oblivion + Morrowind + More for just $70 USD

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
9 games plus 3 new vegas dlc. fucking disgrace, not to mention that they are low violence versions.
PorkaMorka said:
Did Valve remove games on their own or due to dumb laws in Germany?
dumb laws + valve stupidity.
germans can buy uncensored austrian versions of censored or unreleased games just fine over amazon marketplace or from any austrian retailer.

Micmu

Magister
So dorky underpants makes first newspost in months and it's an advertisement. what a shocking turn of events.

Cassidy

Arcane
micmu said:
So dorky underpants makes first newspost in months and it's an advertisement. what a shocking turn of events.

In before RPGCodex selling out to Bethesda.

racofer

Thread Incliner
This is just like that thing I was talking about regarding DU holding Konjad's review hostage until EA pays the bribe money.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
ortucis said:
AlaCarcuss said:
ortucis said:
All the games you ever want with a DRM that won't let you just install and play them in any PC without internet connection.

Oh FUCKING JOY!

Besides, I have almost everyone of them and the retails discs as well. I laugh at the face of online DRM.

Mate, with all due respect - you're an idiot. This is the same bullshit repeated a fucking zillion times every time steam is mentioned and it's complete crap. Every game in this pack, as with 95% of all games on steam, only require you to be online once, when you first download and install. Then you can unplug your fucking cable if you're that paranoid or can't afford an 'always on' connection.

Right. I have the retail discs. Bought them when I had no net (sure as hell didn't back when most of these were released). Installed, played happily ever after.

And these days I just download a NoCD for my old retail discs leaving them pretty scratchless (not to mention the ISO backup I create of them to install from HDD whenever I want). In other words, I don't require net to ask for persmission to install a game I paid for on my own PC.

Also, I know how Steam works. Bought HL2 and got introduced to it from day-1 (and then bought other games like L4D then realised that they all require net connection even though I have the fucking disc in my hands). Don't get me wrong, it's a great place for Indie developers to sell their wares but AAA developers are just exploiting gamers knowing that if Steam ever goes down or if the player wants to install his game on a no-net PC, he will have to buy a new copy (if there is one, non-steam version).

PC gamers bending over backwards for Steam is the reason why developers like UBI are more than happy testing always-online DRM shit in their games.

Well again you're talking through your ass.

1) You can NoCD crack steam games just as easily as any other.
2) You can login, download and activate steam games on ANY internet connected PC and then burn them/back them up or copy them to any other (possibly off-line) machine with steam installed and play them.
3) You're not listening! Steam is NOT an always-online DRM like UBI are now using!

They just want to make sure you got the game legitimately, I don't see much of a problem with that FFS. It's not perfect and sure we'd all prefer no fucking DRM at all, but as far as I'm concerned the advantages (super-cheap games when on-sale - and there's a sale almost every other day), easily outweigh the disadvantages.

BTW: WTF are you doing trying to play L4D offline anyway? ;)

EDIT: Oh btw, since my previous post I conducted an experiment - unplugged my ethernet and played as many games in this latest sale as I could off-line - all worked perfectly fine. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom