Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ghost of Tsushima - open world game set in feudal Japan

When I say realism, I don't mean it has to be like the real world exactly, I mean it has to exhibit the same depth and richness. So for example, a well written fantasy or sci fi work can be completely different from the real world in its details and realities, but it still has to have similar level of depth and aspects of the human condition to matter: people still have to have deep emotions, and fall in love, and plot revenge, and have a sense of wonder, and be able to engage in different aspects of life, and so on.

So...you simply want deep lore or background, believability and context. It also seems like you want relatability as well as emotional content to get you invested further. Thanks for clarifying, the amount of times I've seen you whine about irrelevant minor realism details in other games I was almost misled!

You are still not entirely getting it. The best, most immersive games, much like real life, are about engaging in different activities. One moment you are fighting, another exploring, another engaging in interesting dialogue, or solving puzzles. This is why many of us love RPGs, they come the closest to that variety of fun among different game genres.

But many of the games you mentioned, like Sekiro or Ninja Gaiden, are more like an arcade game that usually kids/teenagers play, where it's not really fun in and of itself, but is more like a bragging rights thing, oh look, I overcame these obstacles, and got this high score. There is nothing wrong with that per se, but there is a reason why its younger people who play them usually. More mature people realize there is a lot more interesting stuff in life.

Lastly, you write off games like Sekiro or Dark Souls as mere boss rush games when it offers lore and context in the background, fairly thick atmosphere and immersive design, high stakes gameplay increases player investment (e.g death is consequential and this creates a degree of realistic tension), big open highly detailed semi-believable worlds and so forth. This is absolutely not reaching the true potential of video games as described above, no, but it is more so than the retard shit you like.

I completed all of FromSoftware games released on PC (DaS1-3, Sekiro, Elden Ring), and I can tell you, they are getting progressively worse. Demon Souls was much more about the general adventure, where bosses were just something to figure out in the middle of your other adventures (and so it was closer to the kinds of games I usually enjoy), but with every Dark Souls games, bosses were getting more and more important, so that by DaS3/Elden Ring/Sekiro, the non-boss stuff is largely irrelevant, just some filler between the actual focus of the gameplay.

And death IS absolutely irrelevant in those games. They are literally designed for you to die many times in order to learn the boss's patterns, yet another reason they suck.

Ash

Arcane
Jesus you are dumb as shit. As I had to explain elsewhere (WHY do I have to explain such basic concepts to you vermin?), Sekiro is not a boss rush or combat game.

It has:

Platforming
Stealth
Exploration & navigation
Resource & inventory management
Minor Story choices
Minor RPG character development
Puzzle elements
Combat

A similar case for Ninja Gaiden also.

This is VERY close to many other games, including the shit you like, but with superior execution.

I completed all of FromSoftware games released on PC (DaS1-3, Sekiro, Elden Ring), and I can tell you, they are getting progressively worse.

Couldn't say. I haven't played all their games. I noticed a downward trend also, that's why I haven't played Elden Ring. Sekiro however, while it dropped some aspects it picked up others, like platforming and stealth. I appreciate that. I am certainly not a fan of the excessive boss emphasis this game in particular has, I believe it crossed a minor line, but it's better than the braindead shit you like.

So wait, you played ALL their games, and now decided you are above them and they are for teenagers and you are the almighty enlightened one of Nu Zelda, Red Dead Redemption and Twitcher 3 prestige? Lol. Oh yeah, I remember when Porky was a new member and much of your posting revolved around jerking off souls lol.

Jesus you are dumb as shit. As I had to explain elsewhere (WHY do I have to explain such basic concepts to you vermin?), Sekiro is not a boss rush or combat game.

It has:

Platforming
Stealth
Exploration & navigation
Resource & inventory management
Minor Story choices
Minor RPG character development
Puzzle elements
Combat

A similar case for Ninja Gaiden also.

Lol, if you think Sekiro has stealth and platforming... OK, low standards, eh?

I completed all of FromSoftware games released on PC (DaS1-3, Sekiro, Elden Ring), and I can tell you, they are getting progressively worse.

Couldn't say. I haven't played all their games. I noticed a downward trend also, that's why I haven't played Elden Ring. Sekiro however, while it dropped some aspects it picked up others, like platforming and stealth. I appreciate that. I am certainly not a fan of the excessive boss emphasis this game in particular has, I believe it crossed a minor line, but it's better than the braindead shit you like.

So wait, you played ALL their games, and now decided you are above them and they are for teenagers and you are the almighty enlightened one of Nu Zelda, Red Dead Redemption and Twitcher 3 prestige? Lol.

I hate RDR2. Stop mindlessly clumping everything you don't understand together. And I play a lot of games, only a few are great, mostly it's shit to average stuff.

Ash

Arcane
Porky, so you don't have much exposure to gaming, that I can tell. No, From Software games are not the peak of gaming, though they nail important fundamentals pretty well aren't aren't slouches by any means, but Twitcher, Ghost of Tsushima and Nu Zelda is not the answer buddy. That's throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Wait, didn't you also play Deus Ex, with my mod to boot? And Arx Fatalis too if I recall. Well, if you now have found yourself festering with popamole somehow, then you must be a lost cause and not worth fighting for.

Ash

Arcane
"And death IS absolutely irrelevant in those games. They are literally designed for you to die many times in order to learn the boss's patterns, yet another reason they suck."

Talk about spectacular missing the point of epic proportions!

Spike

Educated
Ash, it isn't like we're excited as if Ghost of Tsushimer is some great gem of the modern generation or anything. It'll be a cool little game and that's it. Could never in a million years dream of even thinking about contending with Sekiro or any of the games you mentioned. But y'know, new stuff is nice. I'm more excited for the jank ass Rise of the Ronin game because of the combat and trotting around grorious nippon in the feudal age. Same with this game, with a cool-looking combat system. As you said, 7/10! Maybe 7.5 if I really click with the combat stuff, we will see (MAYBE 8 if the game truly surprises me but I highly, highly doubt this). A lot of the old guys from Sly Cooper days are at Sucker Punch at least last I checked (Nate the head story guy certainly is) so I have a soft spot for this company. Insomniac still seems to make good games too, judging by Rift Apart (still need to play it but it looks like a real video game which is an actual point of sale for games nowadays).

Ash

Arcane
That's fair enough, but there are simply far better video games out there more deserving of love and attention. Many of which are classics advanced to new heights by mods. Many which classic games individuals no doubt missed. Lots of great indies out there deserving of love too. Even classic console game modding is making notable strides, but your peers there only play modern retard console games lol.

Still, Tsushima is far from the worst modern AAA. I respect it more than most and wont die on this hill. So place your pre-orders, strap in for the popamole ride and have fun I guess. :salute:

I certainly got some fun out of it on release but I would have been PISSED if I paid for it. What do AAA games go for these days, 100 bucks plus? Didn't cost me a penny it was a friend's game.

Spike

Educated
That's fair enough, but there are simply far better video games out there more deserving of love and attention. Many of which are classics advanced to new heights by mods. Many which classic games individuals may have missed. Lots of great indies out there deserving of love too. Even classic console game modding is making notable strides, but your peers there only play modern retard console games lol.

Still, Tsushima is far from the worst modern AAA. I respect it more than most and wont die on this hill. So place your pre-orders, strap in for the popamole ride and have fun I guess. :salute:

I certainly got some fun out of it on release but I would have been PISSED if I paid for it. Didn't cost me a penny it was a friend's game.
I see. I love discovering mods for classics, can you list any off the top of your head? I recently played the Dark Souls Archthrones total conversion demo and it was fun. I also want to play Sekiro's Long May the Shadows Reflect mod which adds bosses I believe and many, many other changes. What are some classics advanced to new heights that you feel are overlooked? I love discovering new stuff like this, such as Archolos or the other Gothic total conversion mods. And what about indie recs (Talos Principle?), and classic console game mods? I ask not to "test" you but rather because I am genuinely curious and enjoy your often unique recommendations. I will offer some as well: there is a romhack for Spyro 3 (Spyro 3.5: Return to the Forgotten Realms) that adds a bunch of eggs in crazy places and I think adds a new level or two? Also, for hidden gem indies, my go-to recommendation is the wonderful Supraland and Supraland: Crash and Supraland: Six Inches Under. In fact, all are on sale right now on Steam!

Ash

Arcane
I see. I love discovering mods for classics, can you list any off the top of your head? I recently played the Dark Souls Archthrones total conversion demo and it was fun. I also want to play Sekiro's Long May the Shadows Reflect mod which adds bosses I believe and many, many other changes. What are some classics advanced to new heights that you feel are overlooked?

I'll write you up a list tomorrow, have to run and it will take a while. If you have any more recommendations yourself don't be shy!

Spike

Educated
I see. I love discovering mods for classics, can you list any off the top of your head? I recently played the Dark Souls Archthrones total conversion demo and it was fun. I also want to play Sekiro's Long May the Shadows Reflect mod which adds bosses I believe and many, many other changes. What are some classics advanced to new heights that you feel are overlooked?

I'll write you up a list tomorrow, have to run and it will take a while. If you have any more recommendations yourself don't be shy!
Right on, brotha. Looking forward to it! As for my recs, sure thing. There is a World Difficulty mod for Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen that...well, here is the description: "Completely recreates the world of Gransys, including altering enemy battle tactics, redrafting enemy encounters, changing enemies completely, altering enemy stats, adding specially designed boss enemies and more." I will probably play this myself when I finish DD 2 in...who knows how long. I have a game which I am not sure is 2jank4u but it is a PSX title only released in Japan: Brightis. I want a translation for this more than anything even if it's a simple script to begin with. For more Gothic 2 total conversions: Legend of Ahssun, Dirty Swamp, and Odyssee. There is also the indie game Maximum Action which is inspired by Hong Kong bullet ballet films and Max Payne, it is in 1st person. There is also a 3D beat-em-up on Steam called Troublemaker that looks neat but I have no idea how it plays. It is currently half-off on sale as well!

Also, a little shout-out to Diablo 2: Resurrected's mod ReModded. It revamps every skill (rescues my boy the Barbarian and makes him actually good) for every class and it's awesome. There are also two end-game areas in Act 5 dungeons only for Hell that are 100 levels each and they have new monsters. The dev has Median XL-like plans for the mod. Speaking of which, if you haven't played it yet, Median XL and Median XL: Ultimative for Diablo 2 is a phenomenal total conversion mod, makes a whole different game and adds uber stages, uber bosses, new enemies, completely changes every skill, new mechanics and systems, it's just great.

I can continue if you want me to! It's fun! :D

EDIT: Okay I will continue. PsiloSybil is a 3D PSX-era platformer, directly inspired by Crash Bandicoot 1. Looks cool haven't played it yet. There is a pretty cool XBOX 3D platformer called Voodoo Vince that is now on Steam. Also, for the PS2 era, there is an underrated game, perhaps you have played it, called Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy. There is also the enjoyable Pitfall: The Lost Expedition also from PS2 days and Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb as well from those days. James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing, some early cover mechanics but I remember them being used better than in later games that took from this. It also has a very fun split-screen co-op adventure that I played with my old man back in the day. I enjoyed the indie Clive 'n Wrench that is a 3D platformer inspired from pretty much every 3D platformer. A Hat in Time is also really good and has TONS of user-made levels that have some pretty crazy platforming. There is Maken X for Dreamcast which you can play on emulator, it runs well from what I remember and was cool. For PS2 there is The Warriors (beat-em-up) as well as Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks. Man, I remember seeing these at Blockbuster back in the day. Truly gold-tinged memories!

One more for now. Have you ever played Rogue Galaxy for PS2? Fun action-rpg with a pretty deep crafting system, cool characters and colors, and fun progression. Might have to play on a harder difficulty, can't remember how difficult it is. There's also Ni No Kuni II which requires playing on the highest possible difficulty, maybe even using a difficulty mod. Okay so I did two more. I hope some of these clicked with you!

EDIT 2: 1 more...En Garde! Short-ish indie game that looks cool, it is half-off as well. You're female Zorro and there's swashbuckle combat where you can use the environment as well to attack.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
As promised, here you go. The basis of the list that makes it unconventional is high standards in gameplay, and therefore I have almost zero overlap with, say, most indie lists e.g IGN's top 100 indies (please don't click the link it will give them money and relevance) + extensive background in both console and PC gaming (among others), as well as passion for game design since I was a child, so enjoy. I spent a while on this and gave up after some time, may edit to expand later:

PC classics Modded:

In no particular order

Stalker SoC - OGSE mod
Stalker CoP - Gunslinger mod
Doom 1 & 2 - go nuts, tons of high quality shit here. Also contains what I consider to be the sole must-play Total Conversion mod, Ashes: Afterglow. Though I am absolutely not the authority on TCs as I generally abstain from playing them for what should be obvious reasons (modders lack resources or fortitude to make an entire new game from scratch to the same standard as professional devs, that is not only extremely hard but also very insane).
Duke Nukem 3D - Duke Plus mod.
Arx Fatalis - Arx Libertatis. Shouldn't be giving this HL2-loving slop boy any shoutout but I respect good work.
Xcom - Open Xcom
Quake - go nuts, doesn't have to be with my mod there's lots of quality shit, such as Arcane Dimensions.
Prey 2017 - Prey for Death 2 (warning - not for casuals. Not that it is that hard at all, just is by today's standards)
Heretic - Brutal Heretic (has none of the fluff seen in later version of Brutal Doom. Is just a pure AI/Weaponry/Gore upgrade)
RTCW - RealRTCW (base game is OK, mod is by extension of the base game merely OK)
VTM:B - Wesps'
Far Cry 4 - Hardcore Mode
Deus Ex - you know which mod, it's an old codex darling and you should have already played it.
Unreal - not a codex darling out of ignorance & slander. Check the signature.
Fallout: New Vegas - too many to mention and you have to know what you're doing, to take on a role of stifled game designer and be able to perceive the ways in which the game can be made deeper, richer, more coherent, and complete with the correct mods. Many gamers of which, from what I know about them, they'd fail at. Often times the popular mods on nexus ARE more good than bad though, so I probably don't give the average gamer enough credit.
XCOM2 - see above
TES 3: Morrowind - see above. A good core mod basis to build from is Rebirth though.
System Shock 2 - See above. Well, there is a convenient and simple 'newbie modding guide' that can be followed, then you can branch out to ciox's Secmod or Rosodude's Core Balance from there.

Note: I am only listing stuff I consider exceptionally high quality on par with genuine game dev. I don't play stuff with bad design or absurd conflict with the original vision.

Modern Indie Recommendations:

Synthetik
Hollow Knight
Overload
Everspace
Spelunky
Spelunky 2 (lots of significant mods available for this)
Darkwood (hard mode mod on replays)
One More Dungeon 2
Devil Spire
Hades (overrated, but fairly good)
Salt & Sanctuary (rough gem)
Immortal Redneck
Bombslinger (don't expect much, just a nice little modern bomberman clone)
Guns, Gore & Cannoli 2 (really fun peak sidescrolling shooter in co-op)
Toe Jam & Earl: Back in the Groove (good if you like the OG roguelite from 1991)
Void Bastards
Rogue Legacy 2
Hotline Miami (it's OK)

Slow Progress of Console Classics Modding:

Doom 64 - Brutal Doom 64
Final Fantasy 5 through to 9 - Hardtype romhacks (makes them hardcore must-play RPGs and I am not kidding)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Hardtype
Turok 1 - Turok Plus
Turok 2 - see my signature
Dark Souls - whatever you recommended above, because after much deliberation I tried one DS2 mod and it was low quality.
Super Mario Bros 3 - the ultimate 2D platformer classic has decades of romhacking history making high quality conversions. The console equivalent of Doom's modding community in terms of output quantity and quality. As well as the fact that SMB3 itself is basically the Doom of 2D platformers i.e such high quality overall and absolute perfection of fundamentals.
Resident Evil 4 - you can use a trainer to hack your own low-effort hardcore mode as I did. Good to keep a replay engaging without resorting to REtard REmakes.
Translations - special entry for Japanese-only games that never got released in the west. If it exists, there's probably a rom translation of it. I cannot recommend any specific games though. Oftentimes the games that got released in the west did so for a reason (they were first successful in JP), but there is surely hidden gems maybe someone like zwanzig_zwoelf could detail.
Links Awakening PC remake - this got immediately DMCA'd by nintendo on release, but it's the internet. Meaning it still exists if you know where to look. If not just emulate the original, which has a few minor but valuable romhacks.

Sadly, progress in the console realm is still far from ideal, so many games deserving of attention and incline, but it can't be helped given the technical difficulty involved with romhacking or otherwise recreating an entire game from scratch. Or relying on a port to PC.

Last edited:

Spike

Educated
As promised, here you go. The basis of the list that makes it unconventional is high standards in gameplay, and therefore I have almost zero overlap with, say, most indie lists e.g IGN's top 100 indies (please don't click the link it will give them money and relevance) + extensive background in both console and PC gaming (among others), as well as passion for game design since I was a child, so enjoy. I spent a while on this and gave up after some time, may edit to expand later:

PC classics Modded:

In no particular order

Stalker SoC - OGSE mod
Stalker CoP - Gunslinger mod
Doom 1 & 2 - go nuts, tons of high quality shit here. Also contains what I consider to be the sole must-play Total Conversion mod, Ashes: Afterglow. Though I am absolutely not the authority on TCs as I generally abstain from playing them for what should be obvious reasons (modders lack resources or fortitude to make an entire new game from scratch to the same standard as professional devs, that is not only extremely hard but also very insane).
Duke Nukem 3D - Duke Plus mod.
Arx Fatalis - Arx Libertatis. Shouldn't be giving this HL2-loving slop boy any shoutout but I respect good work.
Xcom - Open Xcom
Quake - go nuts, doesn't have to be with my mod there's lots of quality shit, such as Arcane Dimensions.
Prey 2017 - Prey for Death 2 (warning - not for casuals. Not that it is that hard at all, just is by today's standards)
Heretic - Brutal Heretic (has none of the fluff seen in later version of Brutal Doom. Is just a pure AI/Weaponry/Gore upgrade)
RTCW - RealRTCW (base game is OK, mod is by extension of the base game merely OK)
VTM:B - Wesps'
Far Cry 4 - Hardcore Mode
Deus Ex - you know which mod, it's an old codex darling and you should have already played it.
Unreal - not a codex darling out of ignorance & slander. Check the signature.
Fallout: New Vegas - too many to mention and you have to know what you're doing, to take on a role of stifled game designer and be able to perceive the ways in which the game can be made deeper, richer, more coherent, and complete with the correct mods. Many gamers of which, from what I know about them, they'd fail at. Often times the popular mods on nexus ARE more good than bad though, so I probably don't give the average gamer enough credit.
XCOM2 - see above
TES 3: Morrowind - see above. A good core mod basis to build from is Rebirth though.
System Shock 2 - See above. Well, there is a convenient and simple 'newbie modding guide' that can be followed, then you can branch out to ciox's Secmod or Rosodude's Core Balance from there.

Note: I am only listing stuff I consider exceptionally high quality on par with genuine game dev. I don't play stuff with bad design or absurd conflict with the original vision.

Modern Indie Recommendations:

Synthetik
Hollow Knight
Overload
Everspace
Spelunky
Spelunky 2 (lots of significant mods available for this)
Darkwood (hard mode mod on replays)
One More Dungeon 2
Devil Spire
Hades (overrated, but fairly good)
Salt & Sanctuary (rough gem)
Immortal Redneck
Bombslinger (don't expect much, just a nice little modern bomberman clone)
Guns, Gore & Cannoli 2 (really fun peak sidescrolling shooter in co-op)
Toe Jam & Earl: Back in the Groove (good if you like the OG roguelite from 1991)
Void Bastards
Rogue Legacy 2
Hotline Miami (it's OK)

Slow Progress of Console Classics Modding:

Doom 64 - Brutal Doom 64
Final Fantasy 5 through to 9 - Hardtype romhacks (makes them hardcore must-play RPGs and I am not kidding)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Hardtype
Turok 1 - Turok Plus
Turok 2 - see my signature
Dark Souls - whatever you recommended above, because after much deliberation I tried one DS2 mod and it was low quality.
Super Mario Bros 3 - the ultimate 2D platformer classic has decades of romhacking history making high quality conversions. The console equivalent of Doom's modding community in terms of output quantity and quality. As well as the fact that SMB3 itself is basically the Doom of 2D platformers i.e such high quality overall and absolute perfection of fundamentals.
Resident Evil 4 - you can use a trainer to hack your own low-effort hardcore mode as I did. Good to keep a replay engaging without resorting to REtard REmakes.
Translations - special entry for Japanese-only games that never got released in the west. If it exists, there's probably a rom translation of it. I cannot recommend any specific games though. Oftentimes the games that got released in the west did so for a reason (they were first successful in JP), but there is surely hidden gems maybe someone like zwanzig_zwoelf could detail.
Links Awakening PC remake - this got immediately DMCA'd by nintendo on release, but it's the internet. Meaning it still exists if you know where to look. If not just emulate the original, which has a few minor but valuable romhacks.

Sadly, progress in the console realm is still far from ideal, so many games deserving of attention and incline, but it can't be helped given the technical difficulty involved with romhacking or otherwise recreating an entire game from scratch. Or relying on a port to PC.
Thanks Ash, this is an awesome list! Very nice that you included One More Dungeon 2 and Devil Spire. Especially the former is truly a hidden gem as I never see it discussed anywhere, except by you and me on here.

For the RE 4 trainer, what settings did you tweak for your DIY hardcore mode? Just enemy health/aggression?

Ash

Arcane
For the RE 4 trainer, what settings did you tweak for your DIY hardcore mode? Just enemy health/aggression?

Yeah pretty much. Also start with negative gold of 15k or something to curb the ability to buy first aid sprays, RPGs and exclusive weapon upgrades. It's a shame there is no other option with some actual legitimate game design instead of hacks, but you need SOMETHING if returning to classics you've played more than once before.

Very nice that you included One More Dungeon 2 and Devil Spire. Especially the former is truly a hidden gem as I never see it discussed anywhere, except by you and me on here.

Well, I have very good news for you then. Last night I started working on a hard mode for One More Dungeon 2. It will probably be done today, just a small thing no need to go all-out. Really cool game but quite the disappointment there is no post-game content or extra challenge. I have the skill and figured I could fix that real quickly. Here's what I got so far:

OMD2 Hard Mode:

Hard Mode Features:

-Boss Insurance is more expensive
-Breakable resource boxes will sometimes contain nothing.
-All restoration potions are a bit weaker, except energy potions.
-World 1, 2 & 4 bosses are made slightly harder/less predictable via intelligence updates.
-The final dungeon boss in particular has recieved extra attention and should no longer be a joke.
-Dark Idols (negative level modifiers) are more likely to spawn (40% -> 50%)
-Food restores slightly less health (8 -> 6)
-Slightly more enemies (which also = more XP).
-All enemies get a flat +10 hp increase. Buffs early game enemies more so than late game.
-Clearing dark goo in the hub costs more runes.
-The leprechaun no longer drops runes. Gold and artifacts only.
-Extremely Minor changes to level design generation rules.
-Golems (world 3 - level 2) enter blocking state for less overall duration.

I am trying to locate where player classes are defined to nerf the warrior and ranger, buff the paladin and warlock, but no luck so far.

Last edited:

Spike

Educated

Yeah pretty much. Also start with negative gold of 15k or something to curb the ability to buy first aid sprays, RPGs and exclusive weapon upgrades. It's a shame there is no other option with some actual legitimate game design instead of hacks, but you need SOMETHING if returning to classics you've played more than once before.

Very nice that you included One More Dungeon 2 and Devil Spire. Especially the former is truly a hidden gem as I never see it discussed anywhere, except by you and me on here.

Well, I have very good news for you then. Last night I started working on a hard mode for One More Dungeon 2. It will probably be done today, just a small thing no need to go all-out. Really cool game but quite the disappointment there is no post-game content or extra challenge. I have the skill and figured I could fix that real quickly. Here's what I got so far:

OMD2 Hard Mode:

Hard Mode Features:

-Boss Insurance is more expensive
-Breakable resource boxes will sometimes contain nothing.
-All restoration potions are a bit weaker, except energy potions.
-World 1, 2 & 4 bosses are made slightly harder/less predictable via intelligence updates.
-The final dungeon boss in particular has recieved extra attention and should no longer be a joke.
-Dark Idols (negative level modifiers) are more likely to spawn (40% -> 50%)
-Food restores slightly less health (8 -> 6)
-Slightly more enemies (which also = more XP).
-All enemies get a flat +10 hp increase. Buffs early game enemies more so than late game.
-Clearing dark goo in the hub costs more runes.
-The leprechaun no longer drops runes. Gold and artifacts only.
-Extremely Minor changes to level design generation rules.
-Golems (world 3 - level 2) enter blocking state for less overall duration.

I am trying to locate where player classes are defined to nerf the warrior and ranger, buff the paladin and warlock, but no luck so far.
Ooh interesting! Super cool for making that little mod, good on you. Keep me updated/let me know!

Latelistener

Arcane
I noticed a lot of people are shaming Rise of the Ronin (a new Team Ninja game) because of Tsushima, which is fair in some ways, since they ask $70 for Ronin and it looks inferior technical-wise.

But they don't talk about anything else, like story, combat or the fact that Ronin is a japanese game about Japan.

Modron

Arcane
Or that Tsushima also looks like a ps3/4 game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom