Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Giving Pete Too Much Credit?

AzraelCC

Scholar
What if Pete Hines' incessant stupidity is merely a ploy to insult Fallout fans so much that in our attempt to crush the game once it's released, we end up buying many copies of Fallout 3, contributing to its "success"?

Or am I putting uncalled for Machiavellian instincts to a retard?

Dark Matter

Prophet
He's just doing his job, which is to create hype for the game and get people interested in buying the game. It seems like he's doing a pretty good job at it.

He's just part of a business focused on making money. He's not a retard, nor does he have some personal agenda against the FO series and its fans.

I swear, you guys act like a bunch of 12 year olds some times.

AzraelCC

Scholar
He's just doing his job, which is to create hype for the game and get people interested in buying the game. It seems like he's doing a pretty good job at it.

Which begs the question, will people here buy the game if only to point out its flaws? That's the difficulty with bad games. If you don't want other people to buy it, you have to point out its flaws, making it necessary to buy the bad game. To base it on hearsay would put you at fault, while buying it actually encourages the company to continue bad games. Could Pete be aware of this paradox?

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The solution is simple: play, then pay. If it's worth it, and the amount it's worth. Good games get full price, average games you had some enjoyment with get bargain binned, and trash gets nothin'. It's the only way to really vote with your money.

My solution would be if my computer didn't suck, I would torrent it, and spread the holy word of it's shittiness.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
To live, we need to die from time to time. It's quite difficult to point out the flaws of death, if we never do it.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'll definitely say this for Hines: He knows how to twist the nipples of Oblivion fanboys. They seem to be loving every bit of his PR work.

psycojester

Arbiter
Dark Matter said:

He's just part of a business focused on making money. He's not a retard, nor does he have some personal agenda against the FO series and its fans.

I swear, you guys act like a bunch of 12 year olds some times.

This is the widely held opinion on the codex, please don't hold us all responsibly for this shit.

Badgermaster

Educated
AzraelCC said:

Which begs the question, will people here buy the game if only to point out its flaws? That's the difficulty with bad games. If you don't want other people to buy it, you have to point out its flaws, making it necessary to buy the bad game.

Nope. Gonna rent it via Gamefly. That way I can legally play it, get a first-hand impression of it, and Bethesda sees none of my money.

Yeah, it limits me to the console version instead of the PC version, but I wouldn't want to install that thing on my computer anyway, even if it would let me screen cap the atrocity.

Mareus

Magister
Pirate the damn thing and if you like it buy the original as a support for great piece of work. If you don't like it, don't buy it and spread the truth through internet.

Hopefully a lot of people will do that with FO3 and hopefully it will sell like shit.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Luckily the store I go to swaps games at good rates. I'll play the bugger and if it as bad as expected, I'll swap it for some good old games I haven't got around to yet.

Unwanted

Zinc

Unwanted
If I were a betting man, I'd say the odds would have to be somewhere around 1000/1 of this game being anything more than what we all expect it to be - manure.

Micmu

Magister
Unlike the pirating goofballs, I don't give enough fuck about it to even look at new screenshots. I are superior.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Zinc said:
If I were a betting man, I'd say the odds would have to be somewhere around 1000/1 of this game being anything more than what we all expect it to be - manure.
Understatement. The odds of this being good are so low it's practically impossible to happen.

Norfleet

I place the odds of such an event happening within two or three orders of magnitude of TEF.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Mareus said:
Hopefully a lot of people will do that with FO3 and hopefully it will sell like shit.

Dozens of dozens more people will buy it and then deep-throat (along with pro-journalists) Bethsoft ovah teh internetz. Years later several magazines will "boldly" admit that "the game had some flaws and was a bit boring" using this as a leverage to hype Bethesda's next masterpiece.

Mareus

Magister
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Zinc said:
Understatement. The odds of this being good are so low it's practically impossible to happen.

Understatment again. This is Bethcrap we are talking about. The odds of them producing another great FO game are impossible indeed. I mean just put all the crap they have been feeding us with lately and you will se FO3 is doomed to become a game that will be compared with other best RPGs out there. You know best RPGs like Diablo and Oblivion.

Lets remind ourselves with some great and innovative features of FO3:
-nextgen 3rd person camera which makes it almost impossible to do anything with it, but hey as Toad Howdick says: "It looks cool to see yourself walking in vault 101 jumpsuit"
-nextgen combat system: "5 AP means 5 shots in the head and laughing evily as you get a hardon on nextgen graphics showing every small detail of the brain splashed all over the screen"
-nextgen fallout weapon making: "You can create new weapons from scratch by scavenging for parts. For example, find an old leaf blower, combine it with a lawnmower blade and another few items and you create your own portable rocket launcher that’s able to fire any object you see in the world at high speeds; almost like a retro-fit Half-Life gravity gun" --- WTF!!!! I m gonna try to do this at home :lol:
-nextgen Fallout enemies like: "ghoul zombies, dethclaws - mutated from radiactive bears :lol: , etc"

There is so much more, but I think this is more than enough that even the hardiest of Fallout fans must have given any hope up by now.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Mareus said:
Pirate the damn thing and if you like it buy the original as a support for great piece of work. If you don't like it, don't buy it and spread the truth through internet.

I can only hope it sells like shit, all blame goes into piracy, and Bethesda leaves the PC gaming for good, or if we are extremely lucky, it fails so miserably that it goes bankrupt.

Mareus

Magister
racofer said:
Mareus said:

I can only hope it sells like shit, all blame goes into piracy, and Bethesda leaves the PC gaming for good, or if we are extremely lucky, it fails so miserably that it goes bankrupt.

I have checked the interenet and it really is full of Oblivion sucks threads. I am talking about hundreds of Oblivion sucks threads. There is a small minority of Oblivion rules threads, but almost all of them have PS3 or XBox attached to it, so my guess is FO3 will sell poor on PC and it will sell great on consoles. Not enough to drive Bethseda to bankrupcy, but enough for them to turn to consoles and leave PC gaming alone. Ofcourse I could be wrong and it will sell crazy, or it may not sell at all (hopefully).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom