Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Glittering Gems of Hatred - Dissecting the Fallout Community

Lumpy

Arcane
GhanBuriGhan said:
I have never seen more acrimonios, intolerant and simply hateful "treatment" of even slightly deviating opinions, including well argued ones, as by Rosh on NMA. As unfortunate as that may be, he has very much shaped my opinion of the FO fanbase. Glittering gems of hatred, indeed!
Actually, you can have a different opinion and still have a good discussion:
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19621

Ladonna

Arcane
I think it would be great to buy the Diablo license, and then make it into a TBC, Hardcore Roleplaying game with choices and consequences....

The fans wouldn't mind right? :wink:

Bradylama

Arcane
Well, Rosh is banned now if that means anything, Sheek. Now he just posts here and at DAC.

Lumpy

Arcane
Bradylama said:
Well, Rosh is banned now if that means anything, Sheek. Now he just posts here and at DAC.
Huh? WTF? I thought that was just April Fools.

Briosafreak

Augur
Bradylama said:

Are you sure?

I agree, I guess they ran out of VB design docs by Puuk to post.

1. The intention of writing those articles is well explained in the intro, so no need for second guesses.

2. Puuk only made two design docs, and he wasn't a source of the docs as far as I know.

3. I have other VB stuff to show, but it will be as a part of another article also regarding our present context, namely about what lessons from the past choices should be taken into account when analysing Beth's choices in the present.

4. Why don't you start another round of weekly articles like in the past instead of wasting time with an article you don't like? Come on you know it's the right time.

Sheek said:
I think we can make that generalization, yes...

Volourn 3.0!

Volourn, I am guessing you found it boring because you were part of every forum back then

Yeah he/she/it was, but he's (or sh'e, or it's) just pissed becausehe/she/it himself has used those myths in the past in his moronic remarks, when he/she/it wasn't pretending to be "a simple Fallout fan" like he sometimes did. And yeah he/she/it was in the FOBOS forum at Interplay, supporting the game! Even for him/her/it that was bizarre, but giving his/her/it idea that Black Isle wasn't going to be missed since all they did was to take advantage of Bioware's work, as he said a few days after the division was shut down, I think he was supporting the game because he knew it would kill Interplay and therefore his/her/it beloved Bioware could be avenged. He/she/it is that pathetic :)

Ladonna

Arcane
Briosafreak: He/She/It is definately one of the...most colourful characters on the internet. Got a link to his 'Headshot' Avatar gaining post at NMA?

And what do you mean Rosh is banned?

Odin

Novice
Killzig said:
sheek said:
Jesus... 'History of the Fallout Community'? In 11 parts? Those NMA people really need to get laid / a life.
I agree, I guess they ran out of VB design docs by Puuk to post.

Hehea..So funnah! /kisses

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Rosh has a low tolerance of stupidity."

Rosh has a low tolerance of differing opinions. Unless you suck his dick; he auto thinks your stupid. Much like me which is why I find him more funny and retarded than one to take seriously.

sheek

Arbiter
Briosafreak said:
Volourn 3.0!

Is that supposed to offend me?

Yeah he/she/it was, but he's (or sh'e, or it's) just pissed becausehe/she/it himself has used those myths in the past in his moronic remarks, when he/she/it wasn't pretending to be "a simple Fallout fan" like he sometimes did.

Yes Volourn is 'a simple Fallout fan', just like me. Interesting you put 'simple fan' in quotations... You know what a simple fan is, a non-rabid, rational, emotionally balanced person who happens to like a game. Somebody who can see the qualities of a game but also it's defects (which hold it back from being even better). Somebody who is in touch with reality and recognizes what a DEAD GAME is, who knows when to stop obsessing and get laid / a life.

And what gives you the right to decide who is a fan and who isn't? Another small sign of how out of touch you are.

About Rosh, I don't give a fuck. I think he is pretty smart and often brings up worthwhile points in a debate. It's not personal, in fact it's not personal with any of NMA. Everybody needs a hobby. I am just sick of your endless whining, shoving it in our faces and giving me a headache.

Jason

chasing a bee
Yes Volourn is 'a simple Fallout fan', just like me. Interesting you put 'simple fan' in quotations... You know what a simple fan is, a non-rabid, rational, emotionally balanced person who happens to like a game. Somebody who can see the qualities of a game but also it's defects (which hold it back from being even better). Somebody who is in touch with reality and recognizes what a DEAD GAME is, who knows when to stop obsessing and get laid / a life.
Volourn? Are you sure?

sheek

Arbiter
baby arm said:
Volourn? Are you sure?

OK, I was mainly talking about myself.

Yeah, we should let a dead game die. Like Bethesda did.

Well, first you have to be able to do something about it. Prevent them from 'letting a game die'. The harsh fact of reality is that you can't.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
Briosafreak said:
1. The intention of writing those articles is well explained in the intro, so no need for second guesses.
It might be explained, doesn't make it any less misguided.
2. Puuk only made two design docs, and he wasn't a source of the docs as far as I know.
Sure, but he's kind of like the mascot for the really lousy design ideas present in VB. BOMB!
3. I have other VB stuff to show, but it will be as a part of another article also regarding our present context, namely about what lessons from the past choices should be taken into account when analysing Beth's choices in the present.
What choices? They've got their design conventions in place and the recent slew of job postings seeking dungeon designers should be enough to make you quash any doubt of that.
4. Why don't you start another round of weekly articles like in the past instead of wasting time with an article you don't like? Come on you know it's the right time.
Because nobody likes Fat Elvis.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Killzig said:
It might be explained, doesn't make it any less misguided.

A matter of perception. I'm glad to know your perception is the correct one while the conscious reason for starting the article is wrong.

Killzig said:
What choices? They've got their design conventions in place and the recent slew of job postings seeking dungeon designers should be enough to make you quash any doubt of that.

Briosafreak didn't say the choices weren't already made, he was saying the article will or should look at what the consequences of Bethesda's choices shall be, based on history.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
Kharn said:
Briosafreak didn't say the choices weren't already made,
you guys keep implying they were even there to begin with. FO3 has been doomed from the word go.

Briosafreak

Augur
Briosafreak: He/She/It is definately one of the...most colourful characters on the internet. Got a link to his 'Headshot' Avatar gaining post at NMA?

And what do you mean Rosh is banned?

Something around here

I asked for him/she/it to be banned for months,because he/she/it has a darker side, but everyone enjoyed him like a forum buffoon. Then suddenly all changed, don't remember why.

And Rosh is posting there, with a new "persona" :)

Is that supposed to offend me?

No, it was a mild joke, but I can start trying if you want.

You know what a simple fan is, a non-rabid, rational, emotionally balanced person who happens to like a game. Somebody who can see the qualities of a game but also it's defects (which hold it back from being even better). Somebody who is in touch with reality and recognizes what a DEAD GAME is, who knows when to stop obsessing and get laid / a life.

An emotionally balanced person doesn't state that because one guy operates in a way everyone at the community is the same. That's not balanced, that's stupid. And a non rabid guy would read the article and reply accordingly instead of starting a moronic show of tangents and complete misses on the arguments presented. A non-ignorant guy would know we always praised the qualities and pointed the defects, always.

And we aren't obcessing with a dead game, not only both games are being rereleased almost every year in several parts of the globe, the last in DVD just a few months ago, but there A NEW GAME ON THE SERIES. So calling it dead is rather, hmmm, rabid? Moronic? Ignorant? I have to think about it for a while, too much choices, why can't a forum post be more like hodiern CRPG's? :(

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Killzig said:
you guys keep implying they were even there to begin with. FO3 has been doomed from the word go.

Yes, fine, but that is still irrelevant to what Briosafreak said, which is that what Bethesda is doing (there, is that better than "the choices they took"?) has consequences which can be predicted by looking at history.

OK!?

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
Fine, which brings me back to the misguided bit, where's the insight? They know NMA/DAC is not going to like the game, they don't care.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
sheek said:
Well, first you have to be able to do something about it. Prevent them from 'letting a game die'. The harsh fact of reality is that you can't.

Not the point. You've stated it's a dead game. Not so dead if Bethsoft is releasing a sequel is it?

Besides, why is it only worth it to fight battles you'll win? I support a fan movement that moderately fights for what they want and keeps doing so against all odds. It's called making a stand, setting a position. Sometimes you succeed, others you don't. The possibility of failure is present in everything, but quitting isn't the answer nor the way to overcome it.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Killzig said:
Fine, which brings me back to the misguided bit, where's the insight? They know NMA/DAC is not going to like the game, they don't care.

It's not targeted at Bethesda, it's targeted at those people, and there are more than you think, who are wavering back and forth between believing the anti-Fallout fan propaganda or being fed up with Bethesda's hype and the mainstream media crusade vs us guys.

It's not about NMA/DaC disliking the game either.

Why are you even making such broad judgements based on 1/3 of the article which does not include the argumentative part. That's as silly as those "manifesto"-posts on NMA. Jeesh, people, wait a week.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom