Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Global Kinect Fanboy Conference (E3) Running

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I have to say the controller has some cool uses, like when you need to take a shit you don't need to pause the game anymore...

Xi

Arcane
Excidium said:
I have to say the controller has some cool uses, like when you need to take a shit you don't need to pause the game anymore...

Unless you place the wii-u within close proximity of the shitter, I doubt it will have the range. Max of 30 feet? Maybe they are employing a different type of propriety wifi though.

Silellak

Cipher
What I got out of the conferences:

- I want the fuck out of the PS Vita, especially if it gets hacked PSP-style. The 3DS might be DOA, given how much better the PSV is, at the same damn price.

- The Wii U has a retarded name. Like, seriously, just awful. The concept is interesting, but will be a stupid gimmick unless developers pick it up and run with it. Releasing a new console that's technologically on-par with the 360 and the PS3 - in 2012, no less - is even stupider than the name.

Multi-headed Cow

Metro? METRO!? WAS THERE ANY TORCHLIGHT 2 INFO METRO!?

Multi-headed Cow

Bruticis said:
Multi-headed Cow said:
Metro? METRO!? WAS THERE ANY TORCHLIGHT 2 INFO METRO!?
A few things here http://www.gamingbits.com/general-gaming-news-bits/torchlight-2-hands-on-e3-2011/
Thanks much.
The other major aspect of Torchlight 2 that is different is the matter of content. Travis gave us a little bit of insight into how much bigger the game is over the first. About 2/3 of the way through the first act is equivalent to the amount of assets and art they had to create for the entire first game. With three full acts and a fourth “end-game” one, Torchlight 2 offers more gameplay and variety within the level design and style that surely outpace the first.
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Drakron

Arcane
Silellak said:
- I want the fuck out of the PS Vita, especially if it gets hacked PSP-style. The 3DS might be DOA, given how much better the PSV is, at the same damn price.

The 3DS is already out, the PSV is not.
I heard the same about the PSP and the NDS and we all know how THAT turned out in the end ...

The Wii U has a retarded name. Like, seriously, just awful. The concept is interesting, but will be a stupid gimmick unless developers pick it up and run with it. Releasing a new console that's technologically on-par with the 360 and the PS3 - in 2012, no less - is even stupider than the name.

Oh?
And were is the PlayStation and Xbox going?

Nintendo can release a "technological on-par" as the competition is now entering what the Wii did, motion controls ... its not as if either Sony or Microsoft are doing anything but catch up and their next generation consoles are likely going to follow up on motion controls.

The Wii sold because "HD" was not standard when it was released, it is now ... Sony might chase after 3D but only to sell their 3D TVs, Microsoft is likely continue with their online services but I am not seeing the next console generation having much of a leap, like there was not that much of a leap of the PS2-PS3/Xbox-Xbox 360 besides online services.

Xi

Arcane
^ Really hoping the next consoles break through the 32-bit app ceiling. Tired of games only utilizing 2GB of RAM. I doubt it'll happen, but it would be nice to see 4GB consoles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom