Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
godammit i wanted psychonauts free. i clicked it and it was over before the page loaded.

kryminator

Augur
Nevertheless, some people bought it immediately.
The only thing I need from GOG is now Operation Flashpoint aka ArmA: something. I have never saw it in promo.
Oh, and Star Control 1+2 too

I don't know whether to play M&M6 or better keep an eye on those promos. I dont want to miss my Flashpioint.

Endemic

Arcane
I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream for $1.93, 700 copies.

Edit: gone almost instantly.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
500 internal server error every time I hit the buy button. Screw this, I'm going to bed.

kryminator

Augur
There was some game for free. I think it was master of magic. I clicked and it looked like site went down

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Fuck, I missed the 2nd Thunderscape sale -- was going to gift it to someone 'cause it's really good (from what I remember at least).

Alchemist

Arcane
I imagine they're going to do all of this again in December or something similar, along with the usual winter sale.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Fuck, I missed the 2nd Thunderscape sale -- was going to gift it to someone 'cause it's really good (from what I remember at least).

Well I got the first one because I was curious and heard good things about it here (and hopefully this laptop can play it). Also got The Lords of Midnight because why not?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Damn, i have to go to bed soon. I imagine BG2 and the Icewind Dale games will come after I leave.

Last edited:

Alchemist

Arcane
Yeah $6 is too high for impulse-buys, which is what the sale is really all about.

I bought Aquanox 2 for $1.49 so far... that was an impulse buy.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Miasmata now... average game, but if you're survival game fan I'd say it's easily worth $3. Just don't expect anything even close to Robinson's Requiem.

EDIT: Ooh, NWN2 Complete! Too bad I already own it.

Last edited:

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Miasmata isn't really a survival game, it's a literal hiking simulator, with mechanics that make navigating terrain actually challenging. And as such, it's quite good. Has some really pretty lighting as well, the environment looks very natural despite the substandard quality of art assets.

kryminator

Augur
rollercoaster has to be the slowest sale of the day
I think it was not. This is in fact interesting - the slowest (which I saw) was probably 80% discount for System Shock 2 (I think it was above 40 minutes for 400 copies). But it was the first game on sale... If it wasn't then 3h later those 400 copies would disappear in a blink of an eye.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't think there are going to be any more new deals (although I'm sure many of you missed them the first time they were on)

My haul: Neverwinter Nights 2, Anvil of Dawn, Thunderscape

kryminator

Augur
They (GOG) wrote that they have 101 games on sale (not 101 sales). I think there were about 60-70 games so far so I would expect some new games.
My haul are Star Control 1+2 and Operation Flashpoint aka Arma: something, but I will probably go to sleep in a moment. Maybe wait for nearest free game.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They (GOG) wrote that they have 101 games on sale (not 101 sales). I think there were about 60-70 games so far so I would expect some new games.
My haul are Star Control 1+2 and Operation Flashpoint aka Arma: something, but I will probably go to sleep in a moment. Maybe wait for nearest free game.

*shrug* There hasn't been a single game for the past two hours that I haven't seen before. Perhaps they're saving something for 4 AM, or perhaps you miscounted.

kryminator

Augur
Hmm, so there had to be many promos while I was afk for 4h.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom