Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Project: Eternity
O1sGD3s.png

:outrage::outrage::outrage::outrage:

Koschey

Arcane
:rage:

Why was this thread unwatched for me? Now I missed precious hours full of opportunities to ruin myself financially. Oh well, I did outsource and just let Bee do the farming :smug:

Magellan

Augur
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I picked up Expeditions: Conquistador, NWN2 Complete, Thunderscape, Beyond Good and Evil, and Eador. Didn't get any of the freebies though..... you fuckers beat me to all of them! ;)

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Gotta admit, this has been a pretty lulzy sale, just watching the free games disappear in milliseconds is funny.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I got Expeditions: Conquistador for $5. That's probably the only thing I'll get, but I have seen some nice deals that tempted me a lot. I'm surprised how I haven't been nursing this fucking stress sale all day. I've just been popping in every once in a while to see what's up. I'm changing...

Repressed Homosexual
It's really poor form of GOG to do this. This is bait and switch I would expect from a shady electronics chain "ONLY 25 HDTVs AT THIS PRICE WOW!!" that advertises in printed tabloids, combined with the strategies of the likes of Zynga. Not from a sympathetic company that built its business model on treating its customers fairly and with integrity.

Last edited:

Name

Cipher
No, this is the company that builts its buisiness on three core ideas:
1) DRM sucks
2) Nostalgia sells
3) Crazy stunts

This insomania sale belongs to category 3)

Keshik

Arcane
Grabbed a fair bunch - Book of Unwritten Tales, Sniper Elite, TA:K, Space Colony and King's Bounty. Cheap enough to be worth the gamble for the most part.

mck

Cipher
There's only 82 copies of Jack Keane 2, better jump on that shit!

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
It's amazing how things can backfire just like that. I'll probably be through my classes tomorrow before Jack Keane 2 ends.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
I got: Beyond Good and Evil, Psychonauts, Expedition: Conquistadors, Myst, and King of Dragon Pass. Now I have even more games I'll never get around to playing! :)

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
It's amazing how things can backfire just like that. I'll probably be through my classes tomorrow before Jack Keane 2 ends.

The 50 copies of Jack Keane 2 that were on sale during the initial rush took about a half-hour to sell out. It's taken them an hour to sell 30 this time around, so it's going to be a while for sure.

zwanzig_zwoelf

:lol::lol:
So... anyone has spare $732 to buy all of this crap that halts the overall fun?

Just kidding, let GOG enjoy what it deserves for putting a crappy game on sale.

grudgebringer

Yea, like 2 hours by now, also 40 pages on forum and a bunch of hilarious reviews giving it 5 of 5 stars and 'citizen kane of games' status :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom