Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I have an extra GOG key for Torchlight if anyone needs it

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
JudasIscariot It was pretty cruel from you that you added every IE games to the sale except IWD2? Why, man? I could have completed my IE collection with it.

Top hue

:troll:

(Seriously, though, you're talking to wrong guy as far as deciding what goes on sale :) )
Yeah I know bro. I just had to bring up someone. :)

JudasIscariot It was pretty cruel from you that you added every IE games to the sale except IWD2? Why, man? I could have completed my IE collection with it.

Top hue

(Seriously, though, you're talking to wrong guy as far as deciding what goes on sale :) )

JudasIscariot You keep saying this, and I'm getting kinda curious...

My responsibilities include:

Talking with devs/publishers and helping them out to get their game on our service once they've signed on and what not.

Researching various games as far as what bonus content came with them back when they actually graced real store shelves. Keep in mind, not all games are cataloged on MobyGames :) I also try to get some research done as to whether a particular German version of a game is censored and whether it was ever officially uncensored by the developer/publisher after whatever authority in Germany that decides that certain games must be censored decides they can be uncensored. I also try to find out whether a game had any other language versions besides English because the more languages we have available, the more people can play :)

Coming up with some decent write ups for the older games (Wizardry 6 + 7 serves as an example where I sneaked a Codex shout out :D )

I also communicate with QA and our programmers in case there's a serious issue with a game that may or may not prevent it being released on time. This includes gathering feedback from those departments to send off to a developer.

I also offer some mechanical advice as far as cars go but that's just because people ask and I am happy to give advice so, really, that's not an official part of my job :D.

I hope that helps :)

Wow, that's some pretty important stuff. So we can give you hints about a game, if it didn't draw your attention, and you contact the devs/publishers about them being on GOG?

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

Top hue

Yeah I know bro. I just had to bring up someone. :)

Top hue

JudasIscariot You keep saying this, and I'm getting kinda curious...

My responsibilities include:

Talking with devs/publishers and helping them out to get their game on our service once they've signed on and what not.

Researching various games as far as what bonus content came with them back when they actually graced real store shelves. Keep in mind, not all games are cataloged on MobyGames :) I also try to get some research done as to whether a particular German version of a game is censored and whether it was ever officially uncensored by the developer/publisher after whatever authority in Germany that decides that certain games must be censored decides they can be uncensored. I also try to find out whether a game had any other language versions besides English because the more languages we have available, the more people can play :)

Coming up with some decent write ups for the older games (Wizardry 6 + 7 serves as an example where I sneaked a Codex shout out :D )

I also communicate with QA and our programmers in case there's a serious issue with a game that may or may not prevent it being released on time. This includes gathering feedback from those departments to send off to a developer.

I also offer some mechanical advice as far as cars go but that's just because people ask and I am happy to give advice so, really, that's not an official part of my job :D.

I hope that helps :)

Wow, that's some pretty important stuff. So we can give you hints about a game, if it didn't draw your attention, and you contact the devs/publishers about them being on GOG?

I talk to devs/pubs AFTER they've already signed on with us :)

We have people that do the initial reaching out to rights holders but I am NOT one of them as they have a very responsible job and I can barely manage to be responsible for my own actions :)

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I have an extra GOG key for Torchlight if anyone needs it
I have the 2nd one but not the first... if no one's grabbed it yet, I'd like to have it please.

At least I'll have gotten something out of this GOG promo :troll:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
So uh.... I'm a moron and already had the game. So if anyone else wants the Torchlight code it's still up for grabs, get in touch wtih stony3k.

Of course this means that I didn't get anything from the stupid sale after all :rpgcodex:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Did GOG give out Duke Nukem Atomic edition for free last December? Haven't checked my account in over a year and for some reason it shows up in my library as a purchased game.

Alchemist

Arcane
Did GOG give out Duke Nukem Atomic edition for free last December? Haven't checked my account in over a year and for some reason it shows up in my library as a purchased game.
Yeah it was a freebie at one point.
Edit: Oops I did't read Minttunator's reply before posting

Modron

Arcane
I hope they never run a sale like this again. Just give us a 75% off one and screw the whole drama of artificial scarcity bullshit.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Fuck the haters, I bought a lot of games I wanted for less than 2 dollars, this means a 80% discounts. The normal sales were never this low, or if they were, you had to buy a big pack of games together, to be eligable for the discount.

Name

Cipher
The artificial scarcity can be preserved (you can get the 80% discount you all love), just don't use this dynamic scheduling!

Put multiple items on sale at two or three fixed time every day. With the artificial scarcity.
For those clicks and bots, put those limited free games at radom time every day.

LeJosh

Savant
Got a copy of inquistor, heard mixed things but I thought I might as well give it a try at that price. Definitely was never going to pay full price for it.

Project: Eternity
Did I miss my last chance on BG2?
>1. Rise of the Triad $7.49
>2. Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator $1.49
>3. Blood (One Unit Whole Blood) $1.49
>4. Master of Magic $1.19
>5. Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within $11.99
>6. Lords of Midnight $1.93
>7. Myst: Masterpiece Ed $1.49
>8. Eador. Masters of the Broken World $5.99
>9. Sniper Elite: Berlin 1945 $1.99
>10. Baldur's Gate 2 Complete $1.99
>11. Might and Magic 6-pack: Limited Ed $2.49
>12. The Book of Unwritten Tales $4.99
>13. Thunderscape $2.39
>14. Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Ed. $22.49
>15. Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum! $5.99
>16. Rogue Legacy $4.99
>17. Populous: The Beginning $1.49
>18. Syberia $1.99
>19. Total Annihilation: Kingdoms + Expansion $1.49
>20. AquaNox 2: Revelation $1.49
>21. Two Worlds 2: Epic Ed $3.99
>22. The Chaos Engine $3.29
>23. Reus $2.49
>24. Megabyte Punch $4.99
>25. Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon $2.49
>26. Deus Ex GOTY Ed $1.99
>27. Torchlight $2.99
>28. Master of Orion 1+2 $1.49
>29. Blackwell Bundle $2.99
>30. System Shock 2 $1.99
>31. Anodyne $2.49
>32. Startopia $1.49
>33. Magrunner Dark Pulse $9.99
>34. Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete $3.99
>35. Total Annihilation: Commander Pack $1.49
>36. Don't Starve $4.99
>37. Shadowman $2.49
>38. Retro City Rampage $4.99
>39. Anvil of Dawn $1.49
>40. Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena $2.99
>41. Ultima 7 The Complete Ed. $1.49
>42. Defender's Quest $2.99
>43. Leisure Suit Larry $2.49
>44. The Real Texas $2.99
>45. Tales of Monkey Island $5.24
>46. Inquisitor $3.74
>47. Evoland $2.49
>48. Geneforge 1-5 $2.99
>49. Wing Commander 4 $1.49
>50. Heroes of Might & Magic 5 bundle $4.99
>51. Hotline Miami $2.49
>52. Sacred Gold $1.99
>53. Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav $3.99
>54. Shelter $3.99
>55. Ultima Underworld 1+2 $1.49
>56. Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams $2.99
>57. Rayman Origins $4.99

Yes

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom