Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

racofer

Thread Incliner
Thief series is on sale, I believe.
Get it while it's hot! (if you somehow still don't own or have not played the prestigious Thief Trilogy).
Trilogy? There are only 2 Thief games.
Trilogy? There are only 2 Thief games.
2 games? The entire franchise doesn't exist.
How many games are there? I wasn't aware they released more games since the first one in 2014.

Scrounger

Educated
Mr. Melcar is right, there's only two games! That one is actually a remake of Thief Deadly shadows.
Take them while they are still hot but beware that DS is terribly old and dated...

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Mr. Melcar is right, there's only two games! That one is actually a remake of Thief Deadly shadows.
Take them while they are still hot but beware that DS is terribly old and dated...
I kinda agree with you on DS, but not quite fully.
I rather liked it, great game, but definitely a step back when compared to the two seminal games which helped spawn it. Ah, well, them's are the results when you also design the game for the console (HELLO Invisible War).

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
They put out a new code of conduct. Of particular interest is section 3.3:
3.3. Please mind that in the most severe cases, your whole GOG account may be banned. If your GOG account is banned, you may lose all rights to games you have in your library, any GOG Wallet balances and other items that you may have purchased or claimed.
Any storefront that reserves the right to steal your money for shitposting is not a storefront worth buying from.
:keepmymoney:

Ravielsk

Magister
3.3. Please mind that in the most severe cases, your whole GOG account may be banned. If your GOG account is banned, you may lose all rights to games you have in your library, any GOG Wallet balances and other items that you may have purchased or claimed.
Any storefront that reserves the right to steal your money for shitposting is not a storefront worth buying from.
Isn't this however extremely illegal? I have a hard time imagining that any court under the sun would accept "we can steal your money because we said so in our Code of conduct" as a valid argument.

Lucumo

Educated
Isn't this however extremely illegal? I have a hard time imagining that any court under the sun would accept "we can steal your money because we said so in our Code of conduct" as a valid argument.
Pretty sure it is, especially in the EU.

Unwanted

Cologno

Unwanted
What constitutes a "most severe case"? And uh yeah, pretty sure holding money (the "wallet") carries some implicit legal responsibilities by itself. Even in the States, I know of political types who got barred usage access to financial services, but never outright denial of held funds.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
Achilles: Legends Untold Release
https://af.gog.com/en/game/achilles_legends_untold?as=1649904300

achilles.gif

Semiurge

Cipher

Why couldn't they simply ban your account from the forums? Sounds like either a stupid technical limitation, or a deliberate choice. The forum platform probably isn't isolated from the rest of the site in any way, like it should be.

Last edited:

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Why couldn't they simply ban your account in the forums? Sounds like either a stupid technical limitation, or a deliberate choice. The forum platform probably isn't isolated from the rest of the site in any way, like it should be.
Never even used the forums in the first place.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
GOG's forums are mostly useless too unless it's about really well-known or recently released games.

El Presidente

Arcane
If you get unlucky and the green haired obese trannymod that got up on the wrong side of the bed spots your "kys nigger" post on the forums you'll get a ban. Where's the news here? You'll hardly find any online service that isn't like this. Even the extremely few ones that supposedly aren't like this, it all depends on which mod finds your post. If its Krzysztof over there squatting in front of his notebook and drinking cheap beer he'll just laugh and move on, but if it's Treespirit Soyrainbow xhe won't be as merciful.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The problem is that green haired obese trannymod has the power to ban your access to the games you paid for, it's not about being banned from posting on the forums.

El Presidente

Arcane
The problem is that green haired obese trannymod has the power to ban your access to the games you paid for, it's not about being banned from posting on the forums.
Yeah I'm not saying I love it, quite the opposite, as someone who has an unholy amount of games on my GOG account I can't even conceive how pissed off I'd be if they banned me. But it is what it is the account is tied to what you write around on reviews and forums. It's the enormous disadvantage of hanging hundreds of games on a single node, which is your account.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom