Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG Shadow Warrior 1997 - Is it possible to simultaneously strafe and aim with a mouse?

DraQ

Arcane
Don't know about GOG version specifically, but it should be possible to set up build engine games like that (with originals under DOS/DOSBox the caveat being sort of discrete, "stair-like" vertical aiming).

mwnn85

Savant
You can definitely strafe in Shadow Warrior Classic Redux.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't in the DOS version as long as you bind the keys.
If I hated Redux then I'd personally use something else like ProASM:
http://www.proasm.com/
https://github.com/Hendricks266/SWP/wiki (I'd use this one, doesn't Hendricks work on eDuke?)

On a separate subject there's also ROTTexpr - which is Rise of the Triad with high resolution support and some other (optional) changes.

Last edited:

schru

Arcane
The default keyboard combination for strafing seems to be Alt + left and right arrow keys, but there are separate strafing functions, perhaps they're unassigned by default. Open the Settings application in DOSBox to configure the keys.

rohand

Cipher
If you're up for the pure dos version get BMOUSE

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom