Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

Baron Dupek

Arcane

UberDanger
He came back recently, announced New Vegas movie, sort of.
Comparison with Sseth? Well, both are former MOBAs junkies and wander wild sides so there's that

Blaza

Educated

Man Blood is such a good game. I played it for the first time last year using nBlood and it was fantastic.

Comparison with Sseth? Well, both are former MOBAs junkies and wander wild sides so there's that
It's mainly in his cadence and humor. Uber seems a little more restrained to me (I've only watched a few of his videos). I'm excited about the New Vegas movie, because I got into him right as he released the Just Cause 2 video.

Fitz and the rest of the Misfits crew make videos of them just playing games and fucking around.

A horse of course

Grim shills for broken PC port of westaboo nip meme game. Get back to 90s FMV adventures you fag

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Our lovely, lame, dirty, pretentious pizza maker, who is somehow not ashamed to publically say he plays BG on Story Mode, actually made a decent video. It made me want to play the first game in the series.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
I'm subbed to a lot of youtube channels. I'll go through my subscriptions and list the gaming ones. I'll skip most of the really famous ones like Angry Joe, Cinemassacre etc.

Accursed Farms - Does a good series reviewing old games called Ross' game dungeon. Very worth watching.
AJ Pickett - DnD lore. Decent quality.
Arcane Agent - Apparently does Pathfinder Kingmaker builds guides. Haven't watched this one in ages and don't remember subbing.
Ars Technica - Short interviews with devs of classic games.
Call Me Kevin - Harmless light entertainment. Does LPs just messing around in games. Daily uploader so quality isn't the best but it's something to watch.
Civvie 11 - Has his own Codex thread. Does reviews and edited LPs of old shooters. Pretty consistent quality.
Click4Gameplay - Fan of open world ARPGs. Big Outward fanboy. Also does Codex style pontificating on RPG design philosophy.
decino - Plays ultra hard custom Doom maps. Good in small doses but not really bingeable.
Dm It All - Discusses DnD modules and DnD history.
GamerZakh - Demos games (wouldn't really call them reviews). Not bad. Uploads every couple days so vids are kinda low effort but he seems like a nice guy.
General Sam - Jew who plays shooters and banters with his mates. Can be very funny. Has a podcast too which was funny when he did solo recordings (basically standup but good) but now sucks horribly that he has his fellow streamers on as guests.
GmanLives - Game reviewer. Mixed genres. Videos are short enough to be watchable.
Hype Break - Mainstream gaming news if you give a shit.
ICURUSLIV3S - Doom mods.
Larry Bundy Jr - Gaming history. Mostly classic console games. His production quality is good and he's and entertaining guy.
Let's Game It Out - Edited LP's. Mostly of survival/building type games. Spends crazy amounts of time breaking the game in inventive ways. Mixed quality but he's hilarious at his best.
Luetin09 - Extremely passionate but boring WH40k lore channel. May be the most autistic youtuber. Can frequently takes more than 30 minutes to reach the topic of his video. I use his videos to fall asleep with great success (not joking).
Majorkill - Actually good 40k lore channel. Much more reasonable video length than Luetin. Pretty dumb sense of humor but he cracks me up sometimes anyway.
Many A True Nerd - Inoffensive British normie who does minimally edited long form LPs. Good one to fall asleep to or watch as background noise. Actually quite entertaining in spite of the video format.
MetalGearGlenn - Short game reviews by a British guy with a funny accent.
Micky D - Short form LP vids by an Irishman with a funny accent.
minimme - Mid length reviews of shovelware games. Doesn't come up in my recommended much but the few vids I've seen are good.
Neckbeardia - Nice Irish married couple who read made up DnD stories and fanfics from 4chan. It's more enjoyable than it sounds.
Nerrel - Mid length gaming commentary and review videos.
No Strings Prd - Command and Conquer lore channel. What the fuck? Why did I sub to this?
Nostalgia Nerd - Old computers and old games.
Pixelmusement - Old DOS games!
Play on Tabletop - Does a good series called 40k in 40 minutes. It's an edited video of a WH40k game.
ProbablyJacob - Pretty entertaining game reviewer. Covers a few RPGs.
Rahn - Makes abstract art films using footage and sound effects from Deus Ex. Latest video wasn't amazing but I'm just glad he's back. Best channel on YouTube.
Seth Skorkosky - DnD module reviews and RPG philosophy videos. Very smart guy with good production values.
Slope's Game Room - Covers gaming topics and scams on kickstarter. Good writing and editing. Sounds exactly like Larry Bundy Jr and has similar interests to him as well...
SplatterCatGaming - Unedited 30 minute gameplay demos of mostly indie games. Entertaining guy with a boring video format, but he's a daily uploader so he stays very current.
SsethTzeentach - Jewish guy who does reviews of old games. Probably too Codex famous for this list. Funny guy and a must watch.
Strat-Edgy Productions - Talks about old games. Very RPG focused. A bit messed up and talks about injects his personal history into reviews at inappropriate times. His game reviews often sound like a cry for help/recognition.
Tehsnakerer - Subbed to this guy after watching his feature length E.V.O. edited LP/review. Epic vid. Haven't checked out his other stuff yet but watch that one.
The Golden Buddah - Reads fake DnD stories from reddit. Light entertainment.
The Salt Factory - Feature length game reviews. I must have used this channel to fall asleep once because I can't figure out why the fuck else I would have watched a 3.5 hour KOTOR 2 review.
TheLazyPeon - Reviews MMOs. I don't care about MMOs but he's a positive guy and an entertaining watch.
tomatoanus - Does videos explaining speedrunning history and techniques to non speedrunners. It's car crash viewing, witnessing the ingenuity and utter uselessness of it all. This channel speaks volumes about about the wasted inventive genius of a generation of lost white men.
Viva La Dirt League - Mildly amusing skits about gaming related themes. Very SFW.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

I really like this guy right here. Does only fighting games, but he mixes it up with wrestling references, even does power tiers. Does everything I like as I'm also a P4P boxing nerd too, and his fighting tiers remind me of that. Absolutely love his wrestling references from "jobbers" to "called up Paul Heymon." I honestly mark out with this dudes videos.

Blaza

Educated
A retrospective review about GunZ, a janky Korean MP melee game which this reviewer opines has the highest skill ceiling of all, even higher than Overwatch. Recommended to me by the all knowing youtube Al Gore Rythm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMPJ38mSkt0

Holy shit I haven't thought of Gunz in years. I remember playing this as as kid and getting shit on all the people flying around. I'm pretty sure I broke a few cheap keyboards trying to learn K-Style.
It also had a great art style. The concept art in the loading screens are sick as hell (Spoilered for big image)
gunz-1.jpg

Kbash makes game series retrospectives. He can be annoyingly loud occasionally but the videos are entertaining enough and occasionally has some really nice insight.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Kbash makes game series retrospectives. He can be annoyingly loud occasionally but the videos are entertaining enough and occasionally has some really nice insight.

I've lost count how many channels would be improved if they just dropped the elementary school kid act.

A horse of course

I've lost count how many channels would be improved if they just dropped the elementary school kid act.

Unfortunately, the formula for success on youtube involves a lot of techniques the average person here finds obnoxious and off-putting.

Blaza

Educated

Unfortunately, the formula for success on youtube involves a lot of techniques the average person here finds obnoxious and off-putting.

It seems you really only get two options with the vast majority of youtube channels: Either they are made by people acting like a hyperactive kid who forgot their medication or full of woke rants about how titty physics literally kills women.

At least the hyperactive ones are sometimes funny I guess.

ferratilis

Magister
I recently subscribed to this channel, Eltimar Gaming. He has playthroughs of different kinds of RPGs (including ToEE, yay) and has a very relaxed attitude. And most importantly, he can speak articulate English, unlike most youtubers. Usually watching someone else play is a waste of time, but after completing some games, I like to see how other people played through certain parts or what decisions they made. However, most playthroughs on yt have obnoxious commentary, stupid overlays, loud intros etc. This guy seems very normal in comparison.

And his playthrough of WotR is a good way to learn more about the game, at least for us who aren't in the beta.

A horse of course

I'm sure he's already been poasted, but I think GHostLP's playthroughs are comfier. He sounds like Tweed with a worse mic.

A horse of course

I finally finished the whole neverknowsbest ES trilogy. Wasn't really worth it. The first video was actually the best imo because it moved at a fairly brisk pace and covered a lot of material. The Skyrim one was far too long and just repeated a lot of received wisdom about what happened to the series, plus a few unfunny skits. His Drog Age and HR videos are much better.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I finally finished the whole neverknowsbest ES trilogy. Wasn't really worth it. The first video was actually the best imo because it moved at a fairly brisk pace and covered a lot of material. The Skyrim one was far too long and just repeated a lot of received wisdom about what happened to the series, plus a few unfunny skits. His Drog Age and HR videos are much better.
It's hard to find a new take on Skyrim after 6 gorillion youtubers have already raked it over the coals.

A horse of course

It's hard to find a new take on Skyrim after 6 gorillion youtubers have already raked it over the coals.

Hence a 1hr30m video was kinda pointless without an interesting hook, like reviewing the sex mods.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom