Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

A horse of course

ed123 i think you could do better with snarky/edgy videos like the above.

Putting your dumb fat face in a video is the gayest shit you could possibly do (unless you look based like Matt).

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Accent is fine, it's roughly at the level of Ragnar Rox (whose accent used to be a lot clearer, for some reason). Microphone is the big problem. I'd recommend setting the noise gate higher to reduce all the static/fuzz in the background. The reason I'd never do streaming/commentary whilst playing is the lack of control over these things.

Just get the PS3 Eye off Amazon for a few Eurodollars.

A horse of course

Best game, best person to play it.

I see that he's doing Marthian Gothic, I know it's nothing amazing but still curious about that game.
IIRC it have immortal enemies? Guess it's better than respawning enemies?

I wrote a review in the screenshot thread a while back (so did someone else, can't remember who though). It's quite well written, but extremely tedious due to originally being a classic adventure game and then converted into a survival horror later in development, with stuff like monsters, limited inventory space and limited saves being tacked on to puzzles and exploration meant for an adventure game. I think I said something like "I'd recommend it if it'd stayed an adventure game, but as a survival horror it's not worth it".

Wunderbar

Arcane
IIRC it have immortal enemies? Guess it's better than respawning enemies?
it has both - the zombies are immortal (they wake up a few minutes after you knock them out), and the smaller headcrab-like creatures are infinitely respawning. Though the game showers you with ammo (I had thousands of spare bullets by the end) so it's not really a problem.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
@ up
thanks, I'll check it later

it has both
oh, that's just great...sigh

I have a channel.
yeah, they even made documentary about it

Ed123
it's a movie called "Ass" from "Idiocracy"
It's p. advanced joke for adult audience...

channel = crack in the ass

edit
turns out SGF tried Martian Gothic for an hour

and actual playthrough

edit2
now that's unexpected

Last edited:

A horse of course

Indeimaus has some funny content...

...and in the first 2min 45sec of this video he recommends several good channels:

I hate this new trend of youtuberz hiring amateur artists to make thumbnails for their videos. So many other channels I sub to are starting to do this, like ggman, Oliver Harper etc. The art is usually much worse than simply using offical press kit material or a screencap from the game, and it doesn't make it stand out or have any legal benefits or whatever.

Also WOW LOOK AT ALL THESE OTHER E-CELEBS at the start was extremely cringeworthy.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hmmm, makes it look like all these Youtubers have a discord together... I'm getting games journo pro list vibes here.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
All that talk gave me some new recommendation

7lRnO4U.jpg

Might take a look later

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I just ordered a Blue Snowball Yeti and a pop filter. I was going to grab a portable vocal booth but the recommended ones seem to go for around 300 dollars or so.

Enjoy picking up every fart from the neighbors two doors down and overall lack of quality, you should have just went with some kind of phantom powered condenser mic. My AT 2035 rapes my old Yeti.

A horse of course

I just ordered a Blue Snowball Yeti and a pop filter. I was going to grab a portable vocal booth but the recommended ones seem to go for around 300 dollars or so.

Enjoy picking up every fart from the neighbors two doors down and overall lack of quality, you should have just went with some kind of phantom powered condenser mic. My AT 2035 rapes my old Yeti.

It's odd because most reviews I read say that of the 2035, not the Yeti (depending on the setting).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom