Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I found it an interesting way to analyze a game and personally i like reading/seeing "first time" reactions to games i've already played :-P so i enjoyed both videos (even if the video about the first game wasn't that positive).
Jedem seine. Personally, I hate "reaction" videos with a passion; unedited ones are literally AIDS, edited - well, HIV. I want to hear the opinion of a person who played the game at least several times, or, better, a dozen times.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The Ultima underworld guy made a 5 hour AoE3 video some time ago. 808 views atm.

Will I watch it? Maybe. I like to give attention to the little guys covering classic rpgs. He has videos on Wizardry and even Wizards&Warriors.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
AoE 1 is a milestone and AoE 2 is the pinnacle of the series and still being played. 3 though? Haven't heard anything much about.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The Ultima underworld guy made a 5 hour AoE3 video some time ago. 808 views atm.

Will I watch it? Maybe. I like to give attention to the little guys covering classic rpgs. He has videos on Wizardry and even Wizards&Warriors.

TLDR. AoE3 (if you don't count AoM) is also my favorite in the series, but I only watch those long videos for games that have a certain amount of controversy attached ala Fallout 4, Cyberpunk, or something. Games that I haven't played, but I'm interested in that mainstream meltdown about it.

All you need to do is play "Of Licious" in the background to get a retrospective of the series.

I think I was like 15 or 16 when I was addicted to this game. I was also drinking a lot of Rootbeer and this Big Red Vanilla Float thing... damn, I miss being a kid.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
AoE 1 is a milestone and AoE 2 is the pinnacle of the series and still being played. 3 though? Haven't heard anything much about.
Graphics were beautiful and I liked the storyline. Again, soundtrack was just amazing.

I didn't care too much for AoE 2, tbh. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, but I wasn't addicted to it like AoE: 3 and AoM.

A horse of course

Not sure if Avalanche's survival horror series has been posted before. He should've skipped covering stuff everyone knows like SH and FF, and focused on the more obscure titles, but it's an interesting watch.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Not a great channel, he's annoying and I very rarely find his points valid.

I'm posting it because I'm curious what Desiderius thinks about it :shittydog:.

Silverfish

Arbiter
DWTerminator's videos suck, but he has a tendency to get his ass blistered in the comments section, which can be pretty entertaining in its own right.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

Not a great channel, he's annoying and I very rarely find his points valid.

I'm posting it because I'm curious what Desiderius thinks about it :shittydog:.

Let me guess, he bitches that Kingmaker is way too hard and he gets assblasted by the mechanics, like needing to have protection spells?

Blaza

Educated
Kruggsmash makes very fun Dwarf Fotress stories, he draws visuals and everything super entertaining

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Not sure if Avalanche's survival horror series has been posted before. He should've skipped covering stuff everyone knows like SH and FF, and focused on the more obscure titles, but it's an interesting watch.

Shame that almost no one recognizes Alone in the Dark (1992) the real originator of survival horrors (and RE clones).

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It was NeverKnowsBest's second part of his Elder Scrolls analysis videos talking about Oblivion - for some reason it was removed and added again later, here is the new upload:

Like the first part i pretty much agree with it (i do have a reservation about a couple of things but nothing special). I found it amusing how for a large part of the video is a series of him going all "Oblivion had the ambition to do X for/because Y" in an almost praising positive tone only to turn into a more somber "...but it ends up failing/being pointless/shallow/etc because Z" later :-P.

Also i agree with his remarks about Shivering Isles.
I remember reading a lot of positive comments about it and how it was doing things right like Morrowind before it, yet when i played i was really disappointed because it still had this saturday morning cartoon feel - and as he said, Sheogorath *is* an overrated lolsorandom character :-P

A horse of course

It was NeverKnowsBest's second part of his Elder Scrolls analysis videos talking about Oblivion - for some reason it was removed and added again later, here is the new upload:

Like the first part i pretty much agree with it (i do have a reservation about a couple of things but nothing special). I found it amusing how for a large part of the video is a series of him going all "Oblivion had the ambition to do X for/because Y" in an almost praising positive tone only to turn into a more somber "...but it ends up failing/being pointless/shallow/etc because Z" later :-P.

Also i agree with his remarks about Shivering Isles.
I remember reading a lot of positive comments about it and how it was doing things right like Morrowind before it, yet when i played i was really disappointed because it still had this saturday morning cartoon feel - and as he said, Sheogorath *is* an overrated lolsorandom character :-P

Yeah I was always baffled by how many Oblobian critics cited SI as how it "should have been done".

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

Really good game, these guys are top tier. Viper's channel is excellent in case anyone somehow missed it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom