Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Time for some rankings!
and hearing old titles getting some flak
spoiler - he don't like Thiefs
I discovered them in 2011 and loved so it's not nostalgia factor

IIRC this guy made a "history of the immersive sim" video where he said that Warren Spector "invented the immersive sim" when he "created Ultima Underworld". From your description (since I'm sure as shit not gonna watch it) his rankings seem to maintain that same level of quality.

Spukrian

Savant
IIRC this guy made a "history of the immersive sim" video where he said that Warren Spector "invented the immersive sim" when he "created Ultima Underworld". From your description (since I'm sure as shit not gonna watch it) his rankings seem to maintain that same level of quality.
He made this video, I think it shows his preferences in games:

flyingjohn

Arcane

-Likes fallout 3
-Confuses publisher and developer for the original fallout's
-Likes fallout 4

This is the type of person even skyrim fanboys are ashamed of.

Ravielsk

Magister

I seriously cannot stand pretentious faggots that start their shit with "I know you are gonna CUMMENT buuuuuuut..." . Its just a shitty deflection tactic to make people pre-suppose that any rebuttal of that video is just some mad fanboy that cannot deal with "dem faxts". If you want to make a point make without like you mean it instead of wrapping it in 10 layers of weasel verbiage.

Besides his entire point is pants on head retarded. His entire argument hinges on the idea that FO3 succeed not because of excessive marketing and the influx of xbox kiddies but because it was a genuinely innovative and great game that re-ignited interest in the soiled Fallout franchise. It was so great in fact that the guy has to waste over half of his video naming all the ways and systems that Obsidian had to overhaul or throw out to make an even betterer game. Its like me saying that the old bankrupt pizzeria did all the heavy lifting for all the new restaurants by proving that mayo is not a great substitute for tomato sauce and that people eat pizza. Technically its true but practically its just bullshit.

Last edited:

Lizard

Learned
id probably eat a mayo pizza

But would you eat a Brazillian pizza?

I seriously cannot stand pretentious faggots that start their shit with "I know you are gonna CUMMENT buuuuuuut..." . Its just a shitty deflection tactic to make people pre-suppose that any rebuttal of that video is just some mad fanboy that cannot deal with "dem faxts". If you want to make a point make without like you mean it instead of wrapping it in 10 layers of weasel verbiage.

This shit makes every video like 10 minutes too long. Particularly stuff that can be said in just a few minutes.

maydaymemer

Educated
I doubt anyone else has watched it but I once saw a PIkmin 2 review where the guy called the Fiery Bublax enemy a quote peaceul protestor bulborb. I am completely fascinated by that video because of that because it's an instance of horseshoe theory where a rightoid interupts a gaming video to get political in an obnoxious way. He used a cartoon avatar and it was fairly well edited. If anyone has also seen that video please tell me who made it and if it's still linkable somewhere. I can't find it

Butter

Arcane
Patron

This is neither a good video nor a good channel. He's already fucking wrong in the first 60 seconds, saying the game sold below expectations. That must be why Interplay immediately greenlit a sequel and it came out a year later.

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
Full Install seems to be a small channel doing retro reviews and LPs of PC and some console games. Don't know why he's so small with so many vids but glad he got suggested somehow. Hopefully hasn't stopped uploading yet seeing how his last vid was 6 months ago.

EDIT:

Video is entertaining but he
put a The Bing Bang Theory clip in it; not that it means something could be wrong, but just saying.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Another random find, being blessed by main page again.

Let's see what else he got ther-

oh

I remember finding this mod and saying something along the "why there's almost no mod to old Fallouts and yet the only big one is this filth?"

edit

now something different?

Last edited:

Dr1f7

Scholar

30:50
30 button "opener" combo
why do modern mmos insist on splitting up one 'dps' button into some ridiculous bloated combo which is to be memorized and repeated without variation in every encounter for the whole game? stupid design

35:10
story story story
show me one video game with a good "story" and I'll show you an uncultured, ignorant fool

1:03:00
aesthetically incoherent rectangles and circles used to visualize enemy attacks
Good to know devs got A+ in their "How to ruin immersion 101" courses

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
How the hell have I missed a NeverKnowsBests video?

Speaking of good yt channels:

And, if you feel particularly adventurous:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom