Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good HacknSlash games?

pipka

Savant
Nox. iMHO it's better than Diablo(first one). More dynamic (?). not sure. spellcasters are cool, and warrior is a fag. but yes, depending on class it has 3 different starting points and endings.
nowdays it's free. got my copy from noxhub.

JrK

Prophet
Nox Quest is fun for doing some additional questing, but I'd only do it seriously if I were going in there with a friend. It gets kind of repetitive.

Carceri

Arcane
Qkieu said:
Nox. It's really great hns, I loved it!

I played this loooooong time ago and I can't remember if I actually finish it. I might give it a try again, it had a decent atmosphere if my memory does not betray me.

ElectricOtter

Mighty Mouse said:
How about Fate? You know, the one with the unlock codes.
I played it for a bit, and it's actually pretty fun. If you can look past the graphics.

If you're going to play it, advice: learn lots of spells and go fucking bonkers.

EDIT: awwww, no more What The Fuck Have You Just Done? i was just getting used to it

MaskedMartyr

Liturgist
I've already tried Depths of Peril, it suffers from the same issues of feeling like you're not doing anything for awhile, also movement is based on 8 movements which is the oddest thing I've ever seen in a HnS game.

I played Revenant, it's an okay game, but I like the atmosphere and the engine. Combat always felt great. The downside is that the game is very linear, and the way I mean it is that basically 80 percent of the maps are constructed like corridors that go in one direction.

Frau Bishop

Erudite
So, Titan Quest. I'm playing the Deluxe Edition. Nice artwork booklet.. thanks for almost nothing, page 4 is kinda ok. Still have to check out the official soundtrack cd and am camping in Theben.
It's getting boring now. Is there something noteworthy to experience beyond this point?

Frau Bishop said:
So, Titan Quest. I'm playing the Deluxe Edition. Nice artwork booklet.. thanks for almost nothing, page 4 is kinda ok. Still have to check out the official soundtrack cd and am camping in Theben.
It's getting boring now. Is there something noteworthy to experience beyond this point?

Not so much.

Frau Bishop said:
am camping in Theben.
I remember Egypt to be the most boring part of TQ and that it noticeably picks up in both difficulty and scenery right after it. But is could just be a matter of personal taste.

JrK said:
Nox Quest is fun for doing some additional questing, but I'd only do it seriously if I were going in there with a friend. It gets kind of repetitive.
Repetitive for a dungeon crawler? Heh, I'll probably pass. Thanks for the heads-up.

JrK

Prophet
Well, the areas are modular and there are not many of them. Only 4-6 for every 5 levels iirc.

That said, I'm one of those persons that really really gets bored with repetitive gameplay very quickly. I played Diablo2 up till the desert (the second level?) and then quit, forever. So perhaps I'm being unfair; Diablo2 was more boring than NoxQuest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom