Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Gotdamit]Promising RPG's that died in birth...

Chefe

Erudite
Age of Decadence 2D

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Arx Fatalis 2 should be mentioned. They said that it would be made with the valve engine but then they did Dark Messiah and Arx2 is probably dead. Those Dungeon Hero developers should take a look of AF and see what a "living dungeon" is all about.

mondblut

Arcane
doctor_kaz said:
Adding -- English versions of Goldenland and Fall -- Last Days of Gaia. Goldenland looked really good and it was supposedly very successful in Russia

This is new to me. I haven't heard of anyone who liked Goldenland.

And The FAIL: LDOG was utter crap. Awful combat and totally linear monorail garbage story.

Shining moment: you have to "cunningly" penetrate the bandit compound, and until you do, you can't shoot at the guards at entrance. Just can't target them. You can shower them with grenades, but they won't take damage. They just stand there like scenery until you do the correct things to get in.

Shining moment 2: near the end, the plot gets a "sudden twist" and you discover your sworn enemies are nice guys, mistreated and blaxploitated by your evil racist boss upon whom you are supposed to turn now. You are asked whether you want to turn upon him or not. If you choose not to, you are instakilled in scripted scene, game over.

Just remembering this awful piece of crap makes me feel molested. Avoid at all costs. It is because of such games the "we want to make our own Fallout" dreamer developers are laughed at.

Lumpy

Arcane
Volourn said:
TORN was gonna be shit.
Anatomy of a Volournian post:
A Volournian post, such as this one, will usually present a strong opinion, without arguments backing it up. The opinions are in many cases inflammatory, and contribute little to the discussion.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I talked about reasons why TORN sucks. Do a search, dumbo.

Topher

Cipher
Did anyone else try out the tech demo? It's pretty interesting from what I got to see but the game kept telling me I felt "a great urgency to reach level 2" and then kicked me back to windows so I didn't see much.

The character creation was very basic and overall the game did look very inspired by fallout, which is not a bad thing, even the way you accessed character information was like a pip-boy knock off but I liked it. I wish I knew how to run though because the walk animation was slow and I'm impatient.

Uz0rnaem

Scholar
KoenW said:
Thanks a lot. I didn't know there was a demo.

Topher said:
It's pretty interesting from what I got to see but the game kept telling me I felt "a great urgency to reach level 2" and then kicked me back to windows so I didn't see much.
There isn't all that much. There's two NPCs with some straight forward dialog, a simple fetch quest and a few items that you can interact with. You can't get to the second level, though. When you enter the elevator, you get this

It's too bad. I was really curious about the combat.

I wish I knew how to run though because the walk animation was slow and I'm impatient.
I don't think that's possible. The nonskippable intermissions are pretty annoying, too, but I can definitely see the potential there. Even though it's just a tech demo with only one location, the atmosphere is great and it really seems like they tried to imitate Fallout in all the relevant aspects. It's a shame they never finished it.

almondblight

Arcane
Dropship. I e-mailed laid-back gaming a few months back and got no response. Looks like another one is gone.

Murk

Arcane
Volourn said:
I talked about reasons why TORN sucks. Do a search, dumbo.

A classic response anytime someone asks you to explain why you possess whatever inflammatory reaction to something.

All rights reserved, Volourn Inc.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Dark Individual said:
Planescape: Purgatory.
So, this was the sequel's title? Have any screenshots , art , or anything of interest escaped the... purgatory?

Shoelip

Arbiter
I think he meant Purgatorio, the NWN2 mod which is taking a long time to come out.

fastpunk

Arbiter

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"A classic response anytime someone asks you to explain why you possess whatever inflammatory reaction to something."

Because the same crap has been disucssed repeatedly, and a simple search would solve your problems, and answer any questions.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yes I know of Purgatorio, I just sassumed since it's still a live project, that TWD was talking about the canceled PST sequel. It's a closed beta I assume?

Relayer71

Liturgist
Great looking screenshot. Remind me, why is Fallout 3 in 1st person 3D?

Uz0rnaem said:
Static. It was shaping up to be a solid Fallout clone with an interesting premise and fantastic art direction. I don't remember why they abandoned the project.
albugggmpicxz1.jpg

Murk

Arcane
Volourn said:
"A classic response anytime someone asks you to explain why you possess whatever inflammatory reaction to something."

Because the same crap has been disucssed repeatedly, and a simple search would solve your problems, and answer any questions.

"hey volourn why do you think this?"

"go look it up"

look what up dude? you give no detail or keyword to search by, and i don't have a catalog of "major explanations by volourn" since for the past 6 months alone you've avoided explaining anything and just referring people to these past explanations.

Texas Red

Whiner
larpingdude14 said:
Relayer71 said:
Great looking screenshot. Remind me, why is Fallout 3 in 1st person 3D?

No, it's ugly, take off your nostalgia goggles dumbass.

I agree with the alt. I've seen better 2D and so have you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom