Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic 3: Forgotten Gods

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dicksmoker said:
Why don't you ask VD?
I've only played the first game, but I sure as fuck hope it isn't the best of the series, like some of you have been claiming. That game was a severe kick in the balls.
I bought Gothic 3 based on VD's review *gasp*. I thought Gothic 2 was the best of the series despite it being one of the few games that gave me motion sickness. I had a old video card then.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Konjad said:
G1>Night of Raven > G2 > G3. I hoped Forsaken Gods is good as expansion to G2, but I guess I was totally wrong?
Why would one expect an add-on that keeps the bad gameplay of G3, is made by a Studio whose only game of note to this day is "Streets of Mumbai", (a racing games whose special feature is that it actually emulates 3 - 4 Mumbai-buildings) and is published by JoWood who rush devs making the games bug ridden? (Not that PB didn't deserve to be rushed on G3).

Wait. Didn't I ask you the same in another FG-thread?

I've only played the first game, but I sure as fuck hope it isn't the best of the series, like some of you have been claiming. That game was a severe kick in the balls.
Nope. The second is the best, especially with the expansion. They are much harder than the first. More like continuous electrocution of your testicles (if you found G1 too difficult). It was absolutely great. Right behind FO2 in my favourite games list ;)

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Shannow said:
Nope. The second is the best, especially with the expansion. They are much harder than the first. More like continuous electrocution of your testicles (if you found G1 too difficult). It was absolutely great. Right behind FO2 in my favourite games list ;)

It wasn't the difficulty that got me. It was the fact that at the beginning it appeared to be an rpg sandbox game with choices/multiple outcomes that basically ended up being an adventure game. What camp you join up with APPEARS to be a meaningful choice, but then you find out that it doesn't really matter. The story just got less inspiring as the game progressed. The ending was definitely the worst part. I'd rather play a game with a shitty beginning and good ending than vice versa. Also, the game is an open world, but based on what monsters they have put where, you are railroaded. At the beginning all you can go to are the three camps and the paths between them. Anywhere else and you will just get slaughtered. That's why I called it an adventure game, because different areas do "open up" to you, just in different ways than are traditional. And how effective you are in combat is determined more by your equipment (which is based on the main quest) than your skills/mastery. And need I mention the attrocious voice acting, for the most part lame dialogue, and shitty combat?

So anyway, this game gets a big "fuck you" from me. I've heard that the second game is better, and the third game actually has real c&c, so I'm pretty sure I'll like that game the best, even if it is buggy and has shitty combat (though how it could be shittier than Gothic 1 is a mystery to me).

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
the third game actually has real c&c
You mean choice between killing humans or orcs? And another choice between killing Nomads or Hashishins? And consequences after these choices: 3 different endings that are nearly same?

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Look, I haven't played the game, just going on what I've heard from others. VD seemed to think so, at least.

Deleted member 7219

Konjad said:
the third game actually has real c&c
You mean choice between killing humans or orcs? And another choice between killing Nomads or Hashishins? And consequences after these choices: 3 different endings that are nearly same?

Why do you lie?

If Gothic 3 has 'different endings that are nearly the same' (whatever the FUCK that means), then so does Fallout.

Edit: Just realised Gothic 3 is better than Fallout in the endings department. In Fallout, your character is always exiled from the Vault, no matter what choices you make.

A user named cat

There's those retarded Gothic 3 supporting opinions I mentioned, I knew'd they come out. I guess it was the brainless click mashing combat, unfixied bugs/bad optimization, generic fantasy looking world and lost sense of being a "Gothic" game that makes it the best in the series.

Some people here have worst taste than Volourn and Skyway put together.

Deleted member 7219

Phantasmal said:
There's those retarded Gothic 3 supporting opinions I mentioned, I knew'd they come out. I guess it was the brainless click mashing combat, unfixied bugs/bad optimization, generic fantasy looking world and lost sense of being a "Gothic" game that makes it the best in the series.

Blub blub blub. Boo hoo.

Solaris

Scholar
Phantasmal said:

The retail release of Gothic 3 was indeed messed up but as things stand now (latest community patch) with most of the annoying issues fixed it is by far the best of the Gothic series.

A user named cat

Did I say knew'd? What the truck? Meant knew they'd*

But anyway, I played it with the latest community patch and it's still garbage. They didn't fix the most annoying shit, like the forever lasting initial load time or all around optimization. You have to be a 1/100 lucky user to have it run decently. The combat is atrocious, considering G1 and 2 both had decent and challenging fighting mechanics. The world is still a boring, generic looking fantasy land. There is absolutely nothing about it that makes it better than the first games aside from a more user friendly inventory system. Music, atmosphere, world design, combat, optimization, hud -- all better in the first games.

Bad fucking taste is the only explanation for someone to honestly say it's even on the same level as the first games.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
People call players who passionately love a game "fanboys" but what do we call those who hate a game to the extend that they have to pour their hate on the game and those who like them?

And what shall we call those fanbois who hate a poor/different sequel(eg. FO3)?

A user named cat

I drank a few glasses of hatorade before even clicking this topic.

Callaxes

Arbiter
I can understand the combat thingy (which is weird, because the mechanics are the same, they just had to change the stun lock), but judging a game based on preformance is like judging a game based on graphics so give it a rest.

GeneralSamov

Prophet
Matt7895 said:
Fenril said:
Gothic 3 > Gothic 2 + NOTR > Gothic 2 > Gothic 1.

Seriously.

Agreed.
Kill yourselves.

Also,
e39524674af3.jpg

Putting developer's faces onto star characters should be reserved to original devs.

Also, what an old time JoWood regular had to say:
[url:26ionys6]http://forum.jowood.com/showthread.php?t=158263[/url] said:
Jowood, shame on you!
This does it! This is the last time you disappoint a whole international community with your lame attempt at being a professional company. Never have i seen such a shameless attitude towards clients. I'm naming us clients, because obviously we are a market for you, not fans or community. Your hunger for the big bucks and shameless ignorance has just reached the highest levels and i cannot stand being treated like crap any longer.

This is not the first time you put up for sale a product that is not finished. This is not the first time you refuse to offer proper support to customers. Seeing as this is a business, you should have a god damn lawyer that should tell you about your responsibilities towards someone that buys your services and/or products. And, this is definitely not the first time you chose to discriminate against non german speaking customers. You released a patch the fixes up a bit the game, but only your beloved germanz have the privilege of using it(even though as i understand, not even they can use it).

You bought this great game saga and managed to destroy it completely. You kicked out PB and brought in the cheapest company possible, an indian company that has no way of knowing how to develop gothic. Its clear as daylight that the reason behind the Trine involvement was the low cost. Again proved you don't give a shit.

Since we pay 25 euros, you should damn well make sure we enjoy every penny. When Audi sells a car, they don't sell it without the ignition. They don't tell you that this is your car, pay up and we will give you the ignition when we want to. You buy the car and drive it. I can hardly think developing a game is harder then a top class car. The main difference is that while Audi are hard core professionals, you are but a lame attempt at a business, and down right pathetic.

This being said, i have already started to look for an european consumers' protection organisation and will seek to complain as much as i possibly can. I refuse to be treated like shit, being ignored, discriminated against and robbed of a service that is flawed from the start, with your full consent.

I'd rather see you bankrupt and know there is no more gothic to come, rather then let you go on with your unprofessional schemes. This is simply fraud!

Shame on you!!!

Another day, another breath, another sorrow, another Death. Fuck. Shit.

cutterjohn

Cipher
The major problem with G3 IIRC was that it ran like crap on system with 1GB and less of RAM. I had 2GB and it would run fine for a while, although there were still some scripting bugs and other broken things some of which are partially fixed by the community patches.

G2 leaked like a sieve as well even fully patched, but since it was so old and had such originally low memory reqs that ony my 2GB new desktop it ran fine while when I had only 256MB of RAM (old desktop) it would crash fairly soonish and often. G1 ran fine on that system, but again lower memory reqs and I'd bet that, that one leaked as well. PB sucked at debugging their engines and their weird propietary fs didn't help matters at all.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
cutterjohn said:
The major problem with G3 IIRC was that it ran like crap on system with 1GB and less of RAM.
My problem was totally opposite. It ran fine when I had 1 GB of RAM, I played more than half of the game. But then I upgraded to 3 GB, made the appropriate system settings (and patched the game appropriately), and after that G3 became totally unplayable. Haven't touched it since.

Mondo

Novice
Gothic 2 has the ultimate ending with
the whole gather every badass person in the universe on a ship and go on a rampage

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
And a ship full of weed, to consume and sell.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom