Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Grand Theft Auto V - Released on PC

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by bert, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Jick Magger Arcane Patron

Jick Magger
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
    Niko's a good character, one that'd suit a more serious stand-alone crime game. I just don't think he really suits a Grand Theft Auto game. I dunno, riding to a mission house while hearing the WHACKY AND ZANY radio shows only to have him arrive and talk about the horrific shit he did during the Bosnian wars while questioning the nature of the human soul felt like a really weird change in mood.

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  2. TheHeroOfTime Arcane

TheHeroOfTime
    Rockstar Banning Single Player Mods In Grand Theft Auto V PC

[​IMG]

It looks like people playing the single player portion of Grand Theft Auto on PC are getting banned too.

A lot of players have left negative reviews for Grand Theft Auto V on the game’s official listing on Steam. Some of them were banned for using mods on GTA Online, but others were banned using mods while playing the single player mode.

One Steam user named Sumner said:

“Single player is where it’s at! No wannabe ‘Rockstars’ to ruin your fun and give you a ban for the simplest things… Apparently there are people getting banned for modding in SP.”

Another user named Sangre said:

“If you thought you were going to get a GTA optimized for PC, forget it. Rockstar once again is doing everything in there power to stop single player mods and 3rd party patches, despite all of the aspects where the game is lacking”

Other users were more specific as some players have been using a mod called “FOV” in Grand Theft Auto V. FOV stands for “Field of Vision” and is a mod that allows PC gamers to fit the game properly on certain monitors.

Steam user Ronald McRegan explained it perfectly:

“Being the “definitive edition” I expected it to take into account the strengths of PC gaming, including the ability to mod games. The worst example of this, and the main reason I gave it a negative review is the FOV mods. The default FOV is not natural for PC gamers, even at maximum settings it’s only able to see half the windscreen and half the side window when driving, and you have little awareness of your surroundings in first-person. If you try to fix this yourself with simple mods, your account is banned without warning for an unspecified period of time.”

Most of the negative reviews for Grand Theft Auto V were made recently. Hopefully Rockstar stops banning people for using simple graphical mods used during single player.
    -----------

GTA V PC Mods Officially Blocked by the End User License Agreement

As we reported yesterday, many players have found themselves getting banned from GTA Online for using mods. This would be understandable, but the mods in question only impacted the single player portion of GTA V, leaving GTA Online untouched. Many wondered why Rockstar would do this, and what justification they had to ban players for using mods, however it seems that the End User License Agreement (EULA) that players agree to explicitly prohibits the use of any mods within the game.

The specific text reads “You agree not to: reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, display, perform, prepare derivative works based on, or otherwise modify the Software, in whole or in part”. This part of the EULA has been used as a reason for many of the bans that players have been reporting over the last few days.

Normally this section of an EULA would be standard stuff, with the developer choosing to ignore it in favor of a bustling mod community. However, Rockstar seems to be leveraging it to get players out who simply wanted to change their single player experience. The big question is, how long has this text been present in the EULA. Many online are reporting that this was a recent change, but the notice at the top lists the last revision to the document as October of 2013. Checking the page’s source info yields a change as recent as this morning though, but there is no way to tell what that change was. It could have been simple formatting or some other innocuous alteration.

The fact is that the EULA now explicitly prohibits the use of mods, no matter what mode of GTA V you are in. It is still up to Rockstar to decide if they want to enforce this policy though. They are currently deciding to enforce it fairly heavily, but they could easily change course if enough fans speak out against the bans.

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  3. btbgfel Scholar

btbgfel
    Paid GTAV mods incoming.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Ivan Arcane

Ivan
    WUUUUUUUUUH? Lamar's the funniest npc in the game!

^ Top  
  5. Multiple Sarcasm Arcane

Multiple Sarcasm
    Well, those scumbags dared to pay for the game only once. Next they'll start thinking they own their copies. Gotta nip that shit in the bud.

^ Top  
  6. Carrion Arcane Patron

Carrion
    I must say I did kind of like him after that mission.

^ Top  
  7. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    This part has been in standard gaming licences long time. It's a standard lawyer form to ensure all rights given by copyright, and nobody bothered to modify it to be different for each game.

So, someone decided to actually read it?

^ Top  
  8. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    pirating gta 5 now

^ Top  
  9. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. DragoFireheart all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

DragoFireheart
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So not only are they trying to play single player with mods, but Rockstar is telling people how they can play their game?

Steam is such a pile of shit. I encourage everyone and anyone to pirate this piece of shit developer.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. SoupNazi Arcane Patron

SoupNazi
    Serpent in the Staglands
    DragoFireheart taking random non-cited articles at face value

^ Top  
  12. DragoFireheart all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

DragoFireheart
    I read about this on reddit as well.

Yes, Rockstar is doing it for "multiplayer" reasons. Still horseshit.

^ Top  
  13. SoupNazi Arcane Patron

SoupNazi
    Serpent in the Staglands
    DragoFireheart taking reddit at face value

^ Top  
  14. Jiggy Boobles TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™ Patron

Jiggy Boobles
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    HEY COUSIN LET'S GO BOWLING

Actually I never finished IV either, that's why I can't really comment on its replay

value. But maybe more people thought it was too long, that's why V is ridiculously short. As in Call of Doody short. But yeah the characters were not that great, especially Niko.

Not to mention the radio stations in IV are pretty boring, at least they've improved them again in V. The best one is still Chatterbox from GTA III though.

Absolutely Lazlow. KILLER BEES!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Jiggy Boobles TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™ Patron

Jiggy Boobles
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Remember when Carth said: "Yeah, I saw her on the end of this penis here"?

Good times.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. sexbad? Arcane Patron

sexbad?
    Codex USB, 2014
    Call of Duty short? I've got 29 hours in the game, and it's mostly doing missions.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Wilian Arcane Patron

Wilian
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Now that I've finally gotten this game on PC I have to say I'm just plain impressed with the performance. I'm running relatively old rig that wasn't much of a top of the line (except maybe for CPU when it was released in last decade)

i7 950 @ 3.09 boosting to 3.3ghz
    560ti Factory OC at 1GB
    12GB DDR3

After fiddling around game runs at very playable FPS with Textures, Shaders, Shadows on Very High, pop density maxed and rest toggled On or High along with 2xMSAA (because fuck you FXAA). The in game memory thing says I'm at 2287/1023 mb usage yet there's no stuttering at all typically related to going overboard with RAM or VRAM

Plain impressive.

^ Top  
  18. Astral Rag Arcane

Astral Rag
  19. Multidirectional Arcane

Multidirectional
    Interesting, I get stuttering after playing for a while if I exceed my 2047 mb limit by at least 200.

^ Top  
  20. Wilian Arcane Patron

Wilian
    How much RAM do you have? I was running with 8gb at first and it stuttered after awhile but after adding my 2 other blocks for 12gb total it stopped. There's also speculation that if you alt tab out it clears things up. I play on Windowed Borderless and whenever I tab out and back in hangs at around 10-15fps for 30 seconds or so as if reloading everything after which it's back up and smooth.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
    ^ Top  
  21. undecaf Arcane Patron

undecaf
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Nothing beats Pressing Issues in Vice City Public Radio.

:rpgcodex:

^ Top  
  22. Multidirectional Arcane

Multidirectional
    Yeah I have 8gb. I play on Borderless too so I wouldn't have to use V Sync. Lack of triple buffering in this game is annoying and a soft I use to add it to games (RadeonPro) doesn't work with this.

^ Top  
  23. Wilian Arcane Patron

Wilian
    Maybe it's because of the RAM then. Though I can't really say since I'm not that technically apt. All I know is that at least seemingly my GPU seems to offload data from VRAM to RAM rather efficiently or something :p

^ Top  
  24. Anthedon Arcane Patron

Anthedon
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I've got everything maxxed out except MSAA@1920x1200 (2x) The maximum system RAM usage I've seen while running GTAV was 5,5/12GB. And that's with background stuff running (3GB VRAM).

^ Top  
  25. Wilian Arcane Patron

Wilian
    But what is your GPU like and with how much VRAM?

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.