Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Greed Monger Insider Thread (drama inside)

Intrigued007

Educated
HCxCNrj.png

They've started work on another ten minute asset store game.

A zombie survival game, at that.

Wonder how long before they try to start a Kickstarter for funds.

They haven't even officially spoken to/updated the backers regarding stopping development of Greed Monger, and they're already starting development of another asset store game, touting it as their own work (again).

Seriously, this is hilarious.

"I do/did want to get the game done... The vast majority of the community that we talk to however seems to want us to drop GM and work on our own IP that would actually stand a chance of being Successful. However all of that aside we are doomed to fail with out doing something to get funding. There fore we are looking into doing some smaller side Projects... They will help us to get some projects complete, see how our team works together, and hopefully be good enough to start bringing in some funding for larger projects like GM."

JamesP claims to have spoken to a portion of their community, however, no updates or discussing about it are even posted on the official forums, which is the site JamesP and Joel claim to be the most "effective" means of communication (since they still can't access Kickstarter, apparently).

Serisouly, JamesP ... The only think you delivered in three years of development was a complete and total joke, and consisted mostly of generic asset store items. Even the artwork for the main Greed Monger website is stolen artwork. However, starting "new" projects seems to be your strong suit. First Rise of Heroes, then Greed Monger, and now a new generic zombie game (like the market needs another one of those). I expect the usual trail of excuses and missed deadlines is coming next ...

T-shirts are also delayed, again ... Surprise!

Last edited:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Good, they finally realized they need a smaller scale game. You gotta start from the bottom up as a rookie developer. Learn, learn, learn (plus capital, capital, capital).

Angthoron

Arcane
But guys! They need money to complete Greed Monger, and they can make that money by making another game first! Just like DoubleFine! It worked really well for DoubleFine.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Hilarious :lol:

Also a bit sad
...But more hilarious than sad. Or perhaps not depending on who are -

I have a prediction, however. My prediction is that this wont end well.

I like James alot and im pulling for these guys but they need to step back and look at the bigger picture of how things look here. Shirts still in limbo and communication is as bad (honestly worse) than ever. The place with the least amount of information about Greed Monger happens to be the official forum. Frequenters of third party websites have far more real information than the people getting info from the official channels.

I and many others fully agree that scrapping this GM nightmare and moving on is the best course of action but obviously thats contingent with giving this thing back to Jason to deal with or shutting it down and dealing with the fallout thats coming. Funding is a major issue here and if the coffers are so bare that sending the T-Shirts out is breaking the bank the n why the fuck take over the IP to begin with when the money doesnt exist to do anything with it? Jason HAS the money to hire contractors and actually fund what he promised (granted he wont...) and whats coming down here should have been jasons problem. At this point, these guys took culpability and had to have known they didnt have the money to do anything with it - And evidently the game they are working on is not using the same assets anyhow- So what did they gain besides more bad publicity and a possible coming shitstorm?

They threw jason Appleton a life preserver and now they are going to drown.

I just dont see the logic in what in what happened here and I probably never will-

There was a perfect chance to walk away from this mess free and clear and with the goodwill and support of the community. As it stands all the backlash (most of which is not these guys fault) is coming onto them if they dont do something fast.

Again- I know they took over GM for the 'right' reasons- However at this point that matters very little when the writing is on the wall and everyone (james, MMOI, the backers,etc) are in a far worse position than they were 2 months ago...And Appleton walked away scott fucking free.

My mind is boggled at this point. They had to have known they had no money and finishing the GM was going to be costly. They had to have known that communication and fixing the reputation of GM was crucial here and HAD to happen immediately and keep happening. I just really, really hope they can find an out and quickly....

If I were not involved here personally I would find this all extremely funny. As it is, I find this could end up being personally daunting to someone I now consider a friend who didnt do this for shady reasons.

Intrigued007

Educated
Honestly, though ... For two people who claim to care for their bakers so much, they haven't even communicated properly with them since taking over. There's still no update regarding the Google hangouts, and still no poll/survey thread about how they feel about abandoning the project. I'm not saying they should continue work on Greed Monger, but at least clue the people who paid (hundreds) of dollars in that the project is a bust and no longer being worked on. The backers are in a far, far worse scenario than when Jason Appleton was the owner -- At least then, someone could be held reliable.

I totally get where you're coming from, DarKPenguin, but honestly, it's people like this that give Kickstarter games terrible reputations. Jason Appleton got really lucky when he chose James Proctor to be his "lead developer" ... He's certainly not skilled enough to actually develop anything other than an asset store game, and definitely stupid enough to take all the blame for Jason when he needed it most. I don't ever see James Proctor or Joel Hager (MMOInteractive) being able to actually fund anything from Kickstarter, regardless of the name or game. They've both proven they have zero knowledge on how to properly develop a game or even run a business.

It still doesn't add up to me, and I still believe that James Proctor is somehow in on the scam or benefited from it somehow. Why else would he announce his leave of the game, allow Jason Appleton to give the game to another company, and then jump in at the last moments when they decided to back out? Unless he's just a colossal moron. Something doesn't add up here. Maybe Jason Appleton threatened James' disability claims since he had technically been "working" for three years (even without pay, it still counts according to the law, IIRC) ... That was an interesting topic that warranted more attention, I believe.

Angthoron

Arcane
Time to spice up the thread!

So for a while now, I had these PMs sitting in my inbox from a concerned user:

just a warring this whole greed monger thing was a total sham james was always going to get the game I tried to point this out to your group before. Might want to look into matching IP or something be a shame for these guys to do damage to good community's again.

The problem is others are quoting your sight and using it as press, I cant say how I know but I made it clear what was going happen days before it did. I am personally worried about others getting scammed as a game developer it hurts all us others that have years in the field. That is the real problem.

Didn't want to mention it because obviously I wanted everyone here to dump their money on this stuff, and surely this would've deterred you. So! Is concerned netizen speaking the TRUTH? Who knows.

Intrigued007

Educated
I'm fairly certain anyone who had common sense could tell Greed Monger was a complete scam from the beginning. People who got suckered out of their money deserved it, honestly. If not from the name alone ...

"I've played games before, so now it's time for me to make one!"

With only $30,000.

Seriously.

What seems to be more scandalous is that James Proctor was (apparently) in on the scam the entire time ... He provided Jason Appleton a way to escape with nearly $80,000, and also gained $20,000+ worth of assets/engines/etc himself. Seems like a good deal for someone who lives off of disability.

(EDIT: This isn't a dig on people living on disability, just saying it might be motivation for someone who wants to develop their own games but can't afford the licensing/software on their own. While Jason Appleton is walking away with a lot more money, James Proctor didn't exactly leave empty-handed, either, and has been part of the process the entire time. I wouldn't bat an eye if someone else took over the project/assets, but the fact that James Proctor has been part of the process from the beginning shouldn't be so easily swept under the rug due to the "white knighting" attitude he's taken up for the backers. James' actions speak louder than words, and within just a few weeks, he's already started work on another project rather than Greed Monger. James Proctor has been lying through his teeth for the past three years, even more so than Jason Appleton.)

Last edited:

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
I'm fairly certain anyone who had common sense could tell Greed Monger was a complete scam from the beginning. People who got suckered out of their money deserved it, honestly. If not from the name alone ...

"I've played games before, so now it's time for me to make one!"

With only $30,000.

Seriously.

What seems to be more scandalous is that James Proctor was (apparently) in on the scam the entire time ... He provided Jason Appleton a way to escape with nearly $80,000, and also gained $20,000+ worth of assets/engines/etc himself. Seems like a good deal for someone who lives off of disability.

(EDIT: This isn't a dig on people living on disability, just saying it might be motivation for someone who wants to develop their own games but can't afford the licensing/software on their own. While Jason Appleton is walking away with a lot more money, James Proctor didn't exactly leave empty-handed, either, and has been part of the process the entire time. I wouldn't bat an eye if someone else took over the project/assets, but the fact that James Proctor has been part of the process from the beginning shouldn't be so easily swept under the rug due to the "white knighting" attitude he's taken up for the backers. James' actions speak louder than words, and within just a few weeks, he's already started work on another project rather than Greed Monger. James Proctor has been lying through his teeth for the past three years, even more so than Jason Appleton.)
I dont think James was in on the scam- He just doesnt strike me as that kind of person and he honestly wants badly to make a game more so than to make money IMHO- I'm not sure he would essentially allow his reputation and any chance at future success to be destroyed over a few thousand dollars. With Appleton it makes sense since he came out of nowhere and then disappeared to go on to the next 'get rich quick' scheme which has nothing to do with gaming. James has a history of wanting to make an mmo long before he ever got involved and he obviously still retains that dream- This is essentially going to kill any chance of that happening.

This thing could potentially turn really bad really quick and james is left holding the bag. Anyone with the foresight to pull a scam would probably have the foresight to see where it leads and what the risk vs reward is-

I dont know how they thought this was a good idea to take over the IP without money to back it and I dont know why or how this thing has even reached this point. I do know its reaching a point really quickly where something is going to happen one way or the other and my money is not on a good outcome here.

Intrigued007

Educated
Ignoring the fact that James Proctor was the only other person involved with Greed Monger and the scam is a huge oversight, DarKPenguiN. James Proctor can't afford the software/licensing to make his own games. Through Greed Monger, he acquired over $20,000 in assets to develop games. It also doesn't count as "income" since he was never paid, allowing him to avoid the IRS and disability fraud.

Jason Appleton had an "out" with whatever company was looking to take over Greed Monger before James Proctor stepped back in. Why didn't he give it to them, rather than James?

Too convenient. For both of them.

(EDIT: James Proctor has been "holding the bag" so to speak since Jason Appleton disappeared shortly into the game's long "development" time. He's been the one switching engines, picking which software he wanted to use/purchase, and delaying the "development" process as a result. By the way, there's three sides to every story, and right now, you're only getting one "side" of the story from James Proctor. You've gone from actually looking to expose the scam, to calling yourself a "friend" to the person who's been participating in it. He's also one of two people who actually benefited from it. If anyone else had gotten the assets to Greed Monger, I wouldn't be so questioning, but James Proctor benefited just as much as Jason Appleton did.)

Last edited:

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Ignoring the fact that James Proctor was the only other person involved with Greed Monger and the scam is a huge oversight, DarKPenguiN. James Proctor can't afford the software/licensing to make his own games. Through Greed Monger, he acquired over $20,000 in assets to develop games. It also doesn't count as "income" since he was never paid, allowing him to avoid the IRS and disability fraud.

Jason Appleton had an "out" with whatever company was looking to take over Greed Monger before James Proctor stepped back in. Why didn't he give it to them, rather than James?

Too convenient. For both of them.

(EDIT: James Proctor has been "holding the bag" so to speak since Jason Appleton disappeared shortly into the game's long "development" time. He's been the one switching engines, picking which software he wanted to use/purchase, and delaying the "development" process as a result.)
I cant answer for any of that other than what I think. Obviously those are good questions and if I were anywhere else other than where I am at on this issue-I would be saying the same thing.

What is licensing though? Im honestly curious because since unity is free what other licenses are required that they would have gotten from the GM assets other than for the engines they switched around with?

IDK, the whole thing is fucked up but I still dont think James planned on this- I think he truly believed that somehow a miracle would transpire and everything would go swimmingly with GM. I'm no pillar of morality and ive known some shady people in my time on this planet and I like to think I know someone who has a mind for shadiness and after talking with james and gaming with him I just dont see it.He just doent have the mindset imho. He...Isnt the type and doent have the character traits of someone who would make me think otherwise.

That all said- I know why people think this. I would as well .

edit- I will add that if I had known how fucking easy it was to yank some killer screenshots off of unity back in 2012 or whatever- I would have another harley and a vacation home and it would be another story of a failed KS. Appleton was smart and ahead of the curve on that one. I dont really fault him for that per-se. Kickstart is an idiot money miking factory . There are some good projects and honest people but the whole idea is just rife with opportunity for those who want harleys and vacation homes and plenty of suckers with more cash than brains..

Last edited:

Intrigued007

Educated
"As for pay I can't say what each team member is making as that's between them and Jason but I can let you guys know what I'm making. We would like to be as open with you guys as possible and it's only right that I be the first... I am officially labeled as Volunteer. However I've been making bonuses upon completing different tasks. To date I have gotten a new Mid range Gaming Rig valued at $800. My old computer was a 2008 $400 walmart special so not even close to being good enough for development. This Development PC is a huge improvement. I have gotten a $1200 or so Unity Pro License. I got $2,000 December 2012 for my work leading up to our KickStarter Campaign and then through out the KickStarter Campaign, I've gotten a couple $500 checks over the last year and I believe a $200 check for a Birthday Bonus in 2013. I then have been promised a pretty sizable check upon launching Alpha but I won't say the amount until I see how much I actually get where it's taken us so long to launch Alpha. I've then been promised a percentage of profits post launch and funding to start up a R&D department to Prototype new things to add to the game and future games." -James Proctor

"There is a free Indie Version of Unity however we are using Unity Pro which is like $1,500 for a single license (might be a little less then that but it's over $1,000 at any rate)." -James Proctor

"We are using Toggle. $400 per month for 8 cores, 64 gigs of Ram, 500 gigs of HD Space, and 50TB of Bandwidth per month. Our Net connection is a 100mb/s line with the ability to upgrade to as high as 2,000mb/s for just $20 extra per month." -James Proctor

"Last I checked we hadn't even come close to using all of the money we got. Yes we bought 2 Unity4 licenses which are now being wasted with this change to HeroEngine. Jason bought a license for himself and for me as part of my Pay. Like I have said in the past but you decided to ignore was that the assets we bought are in no way specific to Unity3D. They are general FBX files. We are able to import them into our 3d package of choice (3dsmax or Maya which our 3d artists ALREADY have) and then export them to Hero's format. It's not a big deal and WON'T be money going to waste!" -James Proctor

"For the record we have the Vet. License of Atavism which is a whole lot more then $70 and we never tried to hide the fact that we use Atavism." -James Proctor

"I have thousands of dollars in assets I've purchased to get our programmers started on various elements of the game. I also have lots of custom assets being developed right now by multiple artists. It's just how things are done, especially for an indie team like ourselves." -Jason Appleton

Just some stuff I've found about licensing/asset purchases made by James/Jason. I know there's more, but I'm tired of digging.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
"As for pay I can't say what each team member is making as that's between them and Jason but I can let you guys know what I'm making. We would like to be as open with you guys as possible and it's only right that I be the first... I am officially labeled as Volunteer. However I've been making bonuses upon completing different tasks. To date I have gotten a new Mid range Gaming Rig valued at $800. My old computer was a 2008 $400 walmart special so not even close to being good enough for development. This Development PC is a huge improvement. I have gotten a $1200 or so Unity Pro License. I got $2,000 December 2012 for my work leading up to our KickStarter Campaign and then through out the KickStarter Campaign, I've gotten a couple $500 checks over the last year and I believe a $200 check for a Birthday Bonus in 2013. I then have been promised a pretty sizable check upon launching Alpha but I won't say the amount until I see how much I actually get where it's taken us so long to launch Alpha. I've then been promised a percentage of profits post launch and funding to start up a R&D department to Prototype new things to add to the game and future games." -James Proctor

"There is a free Indie Version of Unity however we are using Unity Pro which is like $1,500 for a single license (might be a little less then that but it's over $1,000 at any rate)." -James Proctor

"We are using Toggle. $400 per month for 8 cores, 64 gigs of Ram, 500 gigs of HD Space, and 50TB of Bandwidth per month. Our Net connection is a 100mb/s line with the ability to upgrade to as high as 2,000mb/s for just $20 extra per month." -James Proctor

"Last I checked we hadn't even come close to using all of the money we got. Yes we bought 2 Unity4 licenses which are now being wasted with this change to HeroEngine. Jason bought a license for himself and for me as part of my Pay. Like I have said in the past but you decided to ignore was that the assets we bought are in no way specific to Unity3D. They are general FBX files. We are able to import them into our 3d package of choice (3dsmax or Maya which our 3d artists ALREADY have) and then export them to Hero's format. It's not a big deal and WON'T be money going to waste!" -James Proctor

"For the record we have the Vet. License of Atavism which is a whole lot more then $70 and we never tried to hide the fact that we use Atavism." -James Proctor

"I have thousands of dollars in assets I've purchased to get our programmers started on various elements of the game. I also have lots of custom assets being developed right now by multiple artists. It's just how things are done, especially for an indie team like ourselves." -Jason Appleton

Just some stuff I've found about licensing/asset purchases made by James/Jason. I know there's more, but I'm tired of digging.
Yeah IDK..The whole thing is fucked up tbh.

I stand by the fact that I dont think James was scamming. If he were a criminal mastermind why would he even post about making another game without realizing people were going to find it? If he is scamming hes not very good at it since he could have played out this charade for a long time and worked on his game in secret while letting interest in GM wane.

The whole thing defys logic. I knew from the start they shouldnt take GM and that would result in bad shit for everyone but jason. I'm still honestly surprised about the communication and T-shirts. I really thought that we would see a 180 in that regard even though there was no way we would see GM completed.

I get why everyone thinks what they think but I dont think its true.

Intrigued007

Educated
Stupid people can be criminals too, DarKPengiuN. It doesn't take a genius to scam people out of their money, and being a "good person" doesn't excuse it, either. Hell, I'll even go out on a limb and say I think James Proctor is far smarter than he leads on to be ... He's spent the past three years lying to/misleading backers, and somehow is being let go guilt-free along with being handed a few thousand dollars worth of assets.

(EDIT: Why would you expect to see a 180 on how things are run? It's still the same person running the show, they just have a different "company name" (which is hilarious, since it's only two people, just like Electric Crow). James Proctor has been running the show ever since Jason Appleton stepped out of the picture just a few months into development. James Proctor actually benefits from keeping the backers in the dark; he's been doing it from the beginning and continues to do it now.)

Last edited:

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Stupid people can be criminals too, DarKPengiuN. It doesn't take a genius to scam people out of their money.

(EDIT: Why would you expect to see a 180 on how things are run? It's still the same person running the show, they just have a different "company name" (which is hilarious, since it's just two people, just like Electric Crow). James Proctor has been running the show ever since Jason Appleton stepped out of the picture just a few months into development.)
I thought there would be a 180 on that front because James is a programmer and not a PR/Communications guy and the stress of doing everything alone was crippling to get anything done.

idk- And yeah anyone can be a criminal and shady but I just dont see james that way at all. Dudes straight laced from what I can tell and I am pretty good at judging that. Thats how I see i although I see how it all appears and know what it would look like to me if I were in your shoes .

Its just one of those things that no matter what it comes down to my personal feelings regardless of how fucked up things look atm. NOtmuch more I can really say than that because any argument and positionI take derives from personal knowledge and feelings that mean very little to everyone not in my shoes.

GM_JamesPro

Savant
Ok I was going to wait until we made a post on our own forum before answering anything here however I'll just go a head here.

First of all for Funding... A Couple weeks before Dark started attacking me here on this forum I was approached by a Company (the company will not be named) and they told me that they were interested in fully funding GM through to launch. We talked at great length about it and then they said what their conditions were for funding us... Jason had to be completely removed from the development of GM... At that point I knew that wasn't possible and so I just left it with them that I would think about it and get back to them. Dark then made this post here and started attacking me, I left the GM team, and the chance presented it's self for us to get GM. We checked with this company to make sure the offer still stood and they said it did. GM was signed over to us and we entered back into talks with this company. One slight problem presented it's self though... They were now no longer interested in funding GM. It seems we had been played...

As for the shirts I will have Joel make an update on the shirts in the post we make on our forum.

As for the Zombie Prototype, As I have said on other forums, we need funding for whatever larger project we develop. If we can work on creating a smaller scale Multiplayer Game it will allow us to test our Framework in a real world project, actually get a game released, see how well we work together as a team, and perhaps start getting some funding coming in that we can use to advance our larger project.

As for an update on GM I will make that once we post on our own forum.

Intrigued007

Educated
Sorry, James. I have a really hard time believing anything you say. You've been lying for years about the progress and development made on Greed Monger (the most recent video as proof). You've claimed for years that GM has been approached by "mysterious" investment companies willing to make contributions, and somehow it always seems to fall through. You continually blame Jason, who is conveniently either absent, or now, no longer part of the picture. You basically recapped what happened during the weeks leading up to you acquiring the assets to GM, but you still completely avoid any questions about the assets themselves or how/why Jason decided to hand you the assets, rather than the company that was speaking to him in the interim of your departure. There is always an excuse, an unforseen delay, a mysterious "problem", or some sort of divine intervention as to why you can't provide any sort of working prototype of the game. Instead, all we've seen over the years is you accumulating more and more software development assets, being paraded around as the reason why you can't seem to many any sort of reasonable progress on developing the actual game. How many times have you switched and upgraded engines? How many "versions" of the game have you even shown over the years?

James, you have been the one leading the show for over three years now. You and you alone. Jason hasn't even been part of the picture up until his recent relinquishing of the assets to yourself. Rather than facing your backers and updating them on progress on your own forums, you come to forums like this, MMORPG.com, and MMOChampion.com. This isn't even recent, you've been doing this for years, since the beginning.

Whether you choose to believe it or not, you are just as much part of the scam as Jason was. You even directly benefited from it in the form of acquired assets and payments from him over the years. So far, none of the backers have received anything they were promised ... Not even communication, which is a free courtesy you and Joel could easily afford, especially considering how much time you spend in various forums. You and Jason have been the sole benefactors of the Greed Monger scam; stupidity or ignorance isn't an excuse. You gave Jason Appleton $70,000+ of backer money, and walked away with $20,000+ worth for yourself.

It's just all too convenient for you to not have been directly involved in the scam itself. Especially after the mountain of lies you've shoveled around over the past three years.

(EDIT: Even more recently, you claimed Greed Monger was ready for public alpha release, and posted dates and times it would be available. Again, "mysterious" things happen, and you're suddenly no longer able to release the client. It's been over a month now since then, and you still haven't communicated with your backers on when it would be available. I know at the end of the day, nothing can really be done to either you or Jason Appleton, legally. However, I don't think all the blame should fall to Jason Appleton. After all, you had just as many hands in the pot as Jason did, James, and you've been the one covering for Jason this whole time. If you're going to start a kickstarter campaign for funding (ANOTHER) new project, the potential backers need to know that you had an equal part in the $100,000 scam that was Greed Monger.)

Last edited:

GM_JamesPro

Savant
Intrigued, think what you want... It's your right to think and say whatever you want to about me. But just know you couldn't be further from the truth. I have no idea why Jason decided to hand GM over to us instead of the other company. I believe the other company bailed and Jason asked me if I wanted GM. I believed we would have full funding to launch and so I jumped at the chance. Based on the Video that Kevin posted concerning them dropping GM they claimed it was too risky for them at this point. They were a new company and were working on their own Game as well.

And yes I am fully aware our communication have been lacking. When we first took over we were in the process of transferring everything and then after that with the Google Hangout we did and everything GM's future was just all up in the air so much we didn't really have anything new to share with the community until we figured everything out. We should have been posting updates more and we should have posted the poll to see what the community wanted us to do instead of leaving you guys in the dark. I take full responsibility for that and I am taking steps even as we speak to right that. I have posted the poll on our forums and we really want to hear what you guys have to say about it. We want to hear your thoughts/concerns concerning it and we want your help in deciding the future of GM and our Company.

Intrigued007

Educated
You seem to confuse "truth" and "fact", James. You may not feel like you directly played a part in the scam, but you, in fact, did. The entire blame can't land on Jason, when he wasn't even part of the picture for the past 2+ years.

Jason scammed people out of $100,000+? Fact.

James was "employed" by Jason over three years? Fact.

Jason was absent for 2+ years of the game's development? Fact.

James lied for Jason about the game's development? Fact.

Jason gave James the assets purchased with backer's money? Fact.

James directly benefited from the Greed Monger scam? Fact.

James continues to benefit from the assets acquired by the Greed Monger scam? Fact.

If you're going to seek funding for a new project, people need to know the facts about your involvement with the Greed Monger scam.

GM_JamesPro

Savant
Jason scammed people out of $100,000+? No Comment. No one not even us have all of the facts.

James was "employed" by Jason over three years? Fact. Sort of true... I was a Volunteer with a percentage of Profits upon completion and Paid Bonuses for things complete when Jason felt like it.

Jason was absent for 2+ years of the game's development? Fact. Publicly yes behind the scenes he still called the shots on hiring and major important choices. I called the shots on the day to day affairs of the team.

James lied for Jason about the game's development? FALSE! Everything I said at the time I said it was the truth Or looked like it was going to be the truth. Some things I mentioned as fact prematurely before they actually happened which resulted in them looking like they were lies.

Jason gave James the assets purchased with backer's money? Fact. Yes this is true.

James directly benefited from the Greed Monger scam? Fact. Again not all of the facts are known to know for sure it was a scam. But yes I did benefit from the ASSETS obtained from Greed Monger.

James continues to benefit from the assets acquired by Greed Monger? Fact.

Intrigued007

Educated
"Everything I said at the time I said it was the truth Or looked like it was going to be the truth. Some things I mentioned as fact prematurely before they actually happened which resulted in them looking like they were lies."

lol

You lied about the games development. Period. Maybe not everything about the game's development, but enough about it to at least create the illusion that the game was being made/released while Jason was absent.

You lied more about the game than Jason ever did.

Intrigued007

Educated
Also, the last dated chat log you posted was only from 2013. Nothing later than that. Unless there are additional chat logs, it's hard to tell if Jason Appleton was around at all after 2013 leading into 2015 when he dropped the project, leaving you with all the assets. You claim he was still calling the shots, but you haven't even provided proof that he was. As far as the chat logs indicate, you worked together for a few months (end of 2012 to beginning of 2013) and never really spoke to him again.

Was there any communication at all from 2013-2015 from Appleton?

GM_JamesPro

Savant
Yes there was I just didn't release all of the chat logs. The only reason I released any logs was because Jason said he was going to release them. I wanted to get them out to make sure he didn't try to change the logs. It took me time though to edit out usernames and passwords from our discussions so I released the first chunk and was in the process of editing out the information from the next chunk when Jason changed his mind and posted he wouldn't be posting them until he saw what my next move was going to be so I decided to do the same and didn't release any more.

Intrigued007

Educated
So why not share those, since you were so willing to share the first two months of conversations, just to beat Jason to it?

Who's to say you didn't edit the logs? You seem so nervous about Jason posting chat logs ... If you truly had nothing to hide, why rush to beat him to it?

Kind of easy to defend against someone who is no longer part of the picture. Although, I'd really like to hear Jason Appleton's side of the story. Last time we heard from him, he seemed to pin it on you as to why Greed Monger wasn't progressing properly. Not that it still isn't his fault - He hired you, after all - but I really do wonder if things would've played out differently had James Proctor not been the one developing the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom