Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Greed Monger Insider Thread (drama inside)

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
This is getting better and better :lol:

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
-Told ya the other day... Its just getting started. Going to probably get stranger by the day (hour?)

Add- Wait until Appleton comes to join the party. Ya'll have seen nothing yet.

Angthoron

Arcane
-Told ya the other day... Its just getting started. Going to probably get stranger by the day (hour?)

Seeing as he's an MMA wrestler, are you gonna call him out for an epic battle?

DarKPenguiN

Arcane

Seeing as he's an MMA wrestler, are you gonna call him out for an epic battle?
Fuck no. I may be a little a crazy but im not fucking stupid.

Thing is, if he comes after me I'll just toss someones wife at him and run like fuck. If that doesnt work I will drop a bag of pennies which he will unable to pass by without picking them all up thus buying me time thanks to extreme jewery

GM_JamesPro

Savant
lol You saw the picture of Jason... ANYONE who is stupid enough to get in the ring with him deserves what's coming to them! lol

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
-So Jason Appleton..

Former MMA Fighter
Former MMA fight promoter
Former nationwide television direct TV ...something or another.
Formerly attempted to run for Governor of Ohio
Formerly sold penis enhancement pills
Formerly (currently) making?uhhh...Not doing anything about a game he was supposed tobe making
Current reality TV guy in a swinger show.

Anything Im missing?

Sounds legit.

GM_JamesPro

Savant
Heavily into Realestate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkhGgcSQP_8

Operates his own Night Club: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uuIrHteRTI

Full time Father...

umm... Can make all the time in the world for ALL these things but doesn't have the time for GM when we need him except on rare instances... Doesn't have time to post updates and refuses to give anyone access so we can post updates... Doesn't have the time or doesn't want to spend the extra money needed to send the T-Shirts out over seas even though that was a big part of our commitment to our backers...

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Heavily into Realestate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkhGgcSQP_8

Operates his own Night Club: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uuIrHteRTI

Full time Father...

umm... Can make all the time in the world for ALL these things but doesn't have the time for GM when we need him except on rare instances... Doesn't have time to post updates and refuses to give anyone access so we can post updates... Doesn't have the time or doesn't want to spend the extra money needed to send the T-Shirts out over seas even though that was a big part of our commitment to our backers...
Yeah- Hes been promising the Shirts for years now (sitting in his garage). there is a thread somewhere where he says he just "cant find the time" to evidently walk to the garage and drive tot he post office. Guy cant even find time to post on his own forum- But when he was drumming up money he was everywhere...Lots of time then...Until the checks cleared.

ADD- How much you wanna bet he starts finding time to ATTEMPT damage control? Not in a PR way but with threats of litigation?
cant wait to see what he posts on the KS page.

Warring This is second Hand info may or may not be true. But its seems scary close to what is going on.

This is what I have heard in grape vine around Unity, for record James has been trying to sell his own mmo engine he never made for over a year on unity. Plus other plugins for atavism that have never been released.
Don't know if the following is true or not but this is what I have been told on the game switching over.

James took over greed monger or was going to take over, a month ago from my understanding they are changing the name of the game back to his original game back from 2012. With all the resources and licencing from greed monger then going to ask for money again using Jason as the bad guy to help try to push sells.

Honestly on greed monger forums there asking people to come two this post and also to his old games facebook page already. The page has a ton of post of pics of his new game updated today getting ready for the media. Using the same atavism/unity assets they showed in greed monger. This is using the greed mongers own forums to push people hear and there.

There is two options one the part of James controlling greed monger is not true. Second this is a attempt to grab peoples money in a greedy way without ever making a game kinda a greed monger thing to do. And if he is using Greed mongers licensing and assets every player from Greed Monger should still get there stuff. It does seems weird that right now on greed monger forums James is posting about Greed Monger is over.

Meltedmantis

Barely Literate
Yeah, it says on the video "soft opening". I live in cincy. I find this guy's seeming compulsion to be everything despite outcome interesting.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Warring This is second Hand info may or may not be true. But its seems scary close to what is going on.

This is what I have heard in grape vine around Unity, for record James has been trying to sell his own mmo engine he never made for over a year on unity. Plus other plugins for atavism that have never been released.
Don't know if the following is true or not but this is what I have been told on the game switching over.

James took over greed monger or was going to take over, a month ago from my understanding they are changing the name of the game back to his original game back from 2012. With all the resources and licencing from greed monger then going to ask for money again using Jason as the bad guy to help try to push sells.

Honestly on greed monger forums there asking people to come two this post and also to his old games facebook page already. The page has a ton of post of pics of his new game updated today getting ready for the media. Using the same atavism/unity assets they showed in greed monger. This is using the greed mongers own forums to push people hear and there.

There is two options one the part of James controlling greed monger is not true. Second this is a attempt to grab peoples money in a greedy way without ever making a game kinda a greed monger thing to do. And if he is using Greed mongers licensing and assets every player from Greed Monger should still get there stuff. It does seems weird that right now on greed monger forums James is posting about Greed Monger is over.
Read the thread. I outed that information on mmorpg.com but they closed the thread- That was a big reason this thread was started. There are skype logs posted that will answer much of this.

EDIT- Suffice it to say- looks like I was mistaken and the skype logs are very interesting.

Meltedmantis

Barely Literate
if you look at the FB page it looks like his wife is also his DJ and people complain about a lack of DJ's and he says he can't afford 10k a night. Dude this is cincy. No f'in DJ is 10k a night.

If I had been unlucky enough to give to the kickstarter ( I was going to but had a lack of funds ) I would feel like my money went to buying this guy a crappy club.

GM_JamesPro

Savant

Yes I have my own MMO Framework... I've actually made a couple Free Demo releases of it on Unity's forum that has limited numbers of Connections allowed so people can try it. I have NOT sold it and won't sell it until I can do some Load Testing on it. I HAVE made it and I continue to work on it and WILL continue to work on it. I have not sold a single license and have no plans to for a while.

As for Atavism Plugins, I created several Atavism plugins that I had every intention of selling once Atavism released their Plugin Store they had planned to open. They never opened their store and I had a falling out with NeoJac Entertainment over some issues I won't go into since we are now back on good terms with each other. Those Plugins I still have and may or may not update them and sell them... Haven't decided yet. Either way Both with my MMO Framework and the Atavism Plugins I have accepted NO money from anyone for them so in no way are they scams like your trying to make out.

I do NOT have control of GM and never officially did... The Deal fell through. It's all detailed in this very thread. As for me giving my Facebook page on GM's forum I was asked where people could go to follow me and my future projects. My Facebook page is the perfect place to go to keep updated so naturally I posted it.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
if you look at the FB page it looks like his wife is also his DJ and people complain about a lack of DJ's and he says he can't afford 10k a night. Dude this is cincy. No f'in DJ is 10k a night.

If I had been unlucky enough to give to the kickstarter ( I was going to but had a lack of funds ) I would feel like my money went to buying this guy a crappy club.
And a couple ipod games he paid to have made. Billy Bolts and some dating app. these were made immediately after getting the funds as well as buying a new home. When Backers complained jason said he was "creating a brand with electric crow games" which is why 2 unannounced phone apps appeared in 'electric crows" library of games within a few months (if I recall) of getting the funding for GM.

GM_JamesPro

Savant

Read the thread. I outed that information on mmorpg.com but they closed the thread- That was a big reason this thread was started. There are skype logs posted that will answer much of this.

EDIT- Suffice it to say- looks like I was mistaken and the skype logs are very interesting.

Oh I was confused thought you were hear telling people JamesPro new game was a good thing

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Requesting a White Knight tag for DarkPenguiN
Nah- TBH this wasnt exactly an altruistic endeavor. My reasons are many and complex. Granted I am glad James has separated himself from essentially slavery and abuse (by the community- me included) but Appleton facing up to the shit he said, did and threatening my friends and I, our forums etc. and being able to hide for years without hardly any communicating - Looked like he was getting away with this. Now he has toncome out and say something. Finally.

Aenra

LOL

The future looks quite grim for Greed Monger today, as its lead programmer, James Proctor, announced on the game’s social media accounts that he is leaving the project and that a planned update was now canceled. His departure means that the game effectively has no dedicated team.

Proctor pointed fans at a forum thread on RPG Codex in which he attempts to explain what’s been going on behind the scenes of this crowdfunded MMO, including the reason in-development screenshots looked so much worse than the ones posted on Kickstarter. “When it came time to start paging in the terrain at the view distances we needed Unity’s performance just wasn’t good enough… So we had to rework the terrain,” he posted.

As the sole programmer, Proctor was working for free on the promise of being paid a share when the game went live. He asserts that Lead Designer Jason Appleton was pressuring him to stay: “It’s been a long time in the making… The last couple of years working on GM hasn’t been much fun since Jason threatened me with a lawsuit if I left. I now was being forced in my eyes to be there, instead of working on it because it was something I enjoyed.”

[Source: Facebook, RPG Codex, #2. Thanks to Xanward for the tip!]

http://massivelyop.net/2015/04/03/greed-monger-dead-in-the-water-as-sole-programmer-quits/

Codex i love you!!!!

:love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom