Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Perkel

Arcane
yeah i don't see why they should change engine. They already moved it to 64bit, deffered rendering (modern) and DX11. They just need to add PBR some GI and you have nice ARPG engine.

I really do hope that if they will make ever GD2 they would focus on tag like system which will give them ability to modify a lot more how certain things work on different things.

OA is too low. Uncapped bleed resistance will get you in trouble in places (Kubacabra will fuck you up). Uncapped cold and electrical will get you murked in a goddamn hurry with some bosses IIRC (I wouldn't try fucking with Moosilauke without capped cold, and Valdaran can demolish you without overcapped electrical),

Has there been an ARPG that has fixed the whole "capping res" issue? Its kind of weird that this system has stayed all the way since Diablo 1.

If they are making a Grim Dawn 2 it'd be one of the things I'd fix. It'd be sort of in line with how they fixed attack/defense with offensive ability/defensive ability.

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
OA is too low. Uncapped bleed resistance will get you in trouble in places (Kubacabra will fuck you up). Uncapped cold and electrical will get you murked in a goddamn hurry with some bosses IIRC (I wouldn't try fucking with Moosilauke without capped cold, and Valdaran can demolish you without overcapped electrical),

Has there been an ARPG that has fixed the whole "capping res" issue? Its kind of weird that this system has stayed all the way since Diablo 1.

If they are making a Grim Dawn 2 it'd be one of the things I'd fix. It'd be sort of in line with how they fixed attack/defense with offensive ability/defensive ability.
I've honestly never seen an ARPG that didn't basically demand you cap resistances by the start of endgame phase. Diablo 2 would ladle out gratuitous punishment for not capping Poison before Hell Act 2, but there were only 4 resists there to worry about. GD has a LOT of resistances to worry about, and not overcapping Aether resist is absolute fucking suicide if you're going into AoM or even just fucking with things like Port Valbury. Diablo 2 didn't make you overcap because resist reduction wasn't much of a thing, but GD uses resist reduction a LOT.

Sarathiour

Cipher
I've honestly never seen an ARPG that didn't basically demand you cap resistances by the start of endgame phase. Diablo 2 would ladle out gratuitous punishment for not capping Poison before Hell Act 2, but there were only 4 resists there to worry about. GD has a LOT of resistances to worry about, and not overcapping Aether resist is absolute fucking suicide if you're going into AoM or even just fucking with things like Port Valbury. Diablo 2 didn't make you overcap because resist reduction wasn't much of a thing, but GD uses resist reduction a LOT.

That was also the case in Titan Quest, their previous title.

I would'nt get my hope on.

I'm talking about the mathematical issue where each point of resistance becomes more and more useful until it becomes useless. It's such a lazy system both for players and devs, because its a bunch of filler item bonuses that need to be filled to the specific cap and once you are there you just stop worrying about it. Then every time you pick up a new item you have to sort of juggle your resistances around until they are all filled out again. Similarly -RR becomes universally essential because even -10% RR is theoretically more powerful than adding another +1000% damage bonus against the hardest enemies you face (those nearly immune to your damage). A better system would have more consistent returns on investment and not "cap", like how there's no theoretical cap for armor in most games. They fixed a similar problem with how attack rating works in most other ARPGs by having OA apply increasing bonuses to crits (and also work on spells) so that all characters cared about OA to some degree or another and DA was always advantageous to have more of.

I can think of two systems that might work

1. Resistance modifies base armor, which would still work as damage reduction like in Grim Dawn. So say you wear 200 armor and therefore have 200 phys damage reduction (ignoring GD's armor absorption stuff, though that'd still be interesting to keep), then you slip on a ring of +50% fire resist. Now you add 200 * .5 = 100 fire damage reduction. Maybe you then obtain another 150% fire resist somehow, then you'd end up with 200 * 2.0 = 400 fire damage reduction. From there -RR would be applied as a modifier to the %. To my knowledge no game has used a system like this?

2. We dump resistances and just have armor and specific +/- armor vs. x element modifiers. We make armor logarithmic so that the ROI is consistent and you can't become completely immune to everything at once by stacking huge armor. So e.g. every 100 armor value would reduce damage by 50%, 200 = -75%, etc. From there specific resistance and RR would be applied as a +/-armor vs. element bonus. Guild Wars 1 did this. Not sure if there's another game closer to the Diablo 2 style that tried?

Obviously I'm talking a massive change that requires a new game constructed from the ground up to support.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
I honestly don't understand why GD even has all these fucking damage types. Flat/DoT forms of most of them too (which can be MODIFIED SEPARATELY, because Crate really fucking likes unnecessary math problems). Honestly it feels like they threw in all these damage types just to give certain areas a "damage theme" to which you must adhere or get turned into chunky salsa. Are you fucking around in Chthonic-infested areas? Fire, Chaos, a little Acid, some Vitality. Are you in the swamps of AoM? Vitality and Bleeding out the ass. Mountain passes on your way to core endgame? Cold. And why is Bleed not just the DoT for Piercing? Why is Piercing separated from Physical? Why the fuck do you need Internal Trauma when you've got Bleeding right there? Why don't Aether and Chaos have actual DoT forms (this used to be an issue with some damage conversion where converting Physical and IT to one of those would result in weird shit, and eventually they just somehow made it so IT won't convert)? There is so much unnecessary fucking complication here, and it's not FUN complication that involves choices, it's "now resist this for this area or get pulverized". Easily my biggest gripe with GD.

Sykar

Arcane
I honestly don't understand why GD even has all these fucking damage types. Flat/DoT forms of most of them too (which can be MODIFIED SEPARATELY, because Crate really fucking likes unnecessary math problems). Honestly it feels like they threw in all these damage types just to give certain areas a "damage theme" to which you must adhere or get turned into chunky salsa. Are you fucking around in Chthonic-infested areas? Fire, Chaos, a little Acid, some Vitality. Are you in the swamps of AoM? Vitality and Bleeding out the ass. Mountain passes on your way to core endgame? Cold. And why is Bleed not just the DoT for Piercing? Why is Piercing separated from Physical? Why the fuck do you need Internal Trauma when you've got Bleeding right there? Why don't Aether and Chaos have actual DoT forms (this used to be an issue with some damage conversion where converting Physical and IT to one of those would result in weird shit, and eventually they just somehow made it so IT won't convert)? There is so much unnecessary fucking complication here, and it's not FUN complication that involves choices, it's "now resist this for this area or get pulverized". Easily my biggest gripe with GD.

I would be fine with it if the different damage types would have more significant differences than just the color of the skills but sadly that is all there is. Cold damage does not even inherently slow. Bah.

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
I would be fine with it if the different damage types would have more significant differences than just the color of the skills but sadly that is all there is. Cold damage does not even inherently slow. Bah.

Yeah they broke off freeze and slow into their own things/resistances, which are really fucking hard to shore up without certain constellations or getting specific pieces of gear/augments/components. I don't think freeze, slow and stun resist even show up in most random loot tables. Stun can be covered with Leathery Hide somewhat, but being a Soldier is the best route to maxing Stun resist because you can dip into the one passive and just stack skill boni from gear to the fucking sky.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

That was also the case in Titan Quest, their previous title.

I would'nt get my hope on.
I wouldn't say it's exactly the same in Titan Quest. TQ was slightly different in that capping all the resistances was almost impossible, and not really the point either. More emphasis was put on swap gear, though everyone has different feelings about that. Having different resistances for snares, stuns, disruptions, drains etc. was pretty cool, too, and made resistances slightly more exciting than the typical elemental resistance spread. And lastly TQ had items that gave you a damage reduction based on enemy type, which was a pretty big deal. Can't remember if GD has anything like that, but overall I felt like the itemization was a lot more unique and engaging in TQ. In GD it all just feels so very samey, and the goal with each character is to cap them all as much as possible, which is a very dull thing and one of my pet peeves with the genre itself.

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah those resistances are fucking dumb. GD at start was more of a RPG than just ARPG though. So those resistances made sense when you would have resist spells etc. But gradually project went into more and more ARPG root and many of things that made sense before like localized limb damage and many resistances don't make sense now.

To be fair their editor is fucking amazing. You can practically modify anything you want and it is as easy as reading text file. With some basic scripting you can remove resistances or add new ones etc.

Due to mastery level cap i just started fucking around with editor and turns out changing mastery level from 50 to 100 for each class is as easy as changing 50 to 100 in all classes database entries (so 9 entries).

I did it like in 5 minutes of just trying to find where that thing is and changing it. Made a mod and voila i have mastery for each class at 100 now. I also figured out a way to change main game files without using mod so you can use it for main save files along with crucible.

Currently i am sitting trying to figure out UI, seems like pretty much everything could be modified. I am thinking about changing those stupid fonts game uses along with color scheme and sizes, also removing those disgusting rarity outlines would be a good thing.

When it comes to changing how game works the bigger issue is that there doesn't seem to general balance modifiers, or at least i didn't find them for now. Materials for example have have set stats like fur +90 to health.

From what i see though, it is possible for example to change bleeding to work like in POE where it is part of your phys damage rather than separate damage as you can edit how skills work and what they use. Though naturally editing rest of items in game would be pain in ass.

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
Honestly I do like how meaty a lot of fights feel. Trash mobs are whatever, they're filler, but some of the sub-boss and boss-tier stuff is fantastic.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
God, one of these days I'm gonna open up Grim Tools and theorycraft a build for hours. I've got so many legendaries stashed away.... So many legendaries, so little time.
Anyway, the big question. Do you mule or third party program the inventory management?

1. Resistance modifies base armor, which would still work as damage reduction like in Grim Dawn. So say you wear 200 armor and therefore have 200 phys damage reduction (ignoring GD's armor absorption stuff, though that'd still be interesting to keep), then you slip on a ring of +50% fire resist. Now you add 200 * .5 = 100 fire damage reduction. Maybe you then obtain another 150% fire resist somehow, then you'd end up with 200 * 2.0 = 400 fire damage reduction. From there -RR would be applied as a modifier to the %. To my knowledge no game has used a system like this?

2. We dump resistances and just have armor and specific +/- armor vs. x element modifiers. We make armor logarithmic so that the ROI is consistent and you can't become completely immune to everything at once by stacking huge armor. So e.g. every 100 armor value would reduce damage by 50%, 200 = -75%, etc. From there specific resistance and RR would be applied as a +/-armor vs. element bonus. Guild Wars 1 did this. Not sure if there's another game closer to the Diablo 2 style that tried?

Resistence modifiers, as they are now, are there cause of itemization. Getting an item that has good resists is no biggie, getting an item that has good damage modifiers is also no biggie, but getting an item that has good resists, good dmg modifiers and compliments your build in various other ways is a fucking biggie.
I don't really have a problem with it, it might be "lazy", but it works. And if it ain't broken...

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
2021 and Crate still delivers updates! :dance:
https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/grim-dawn-version-1-1-9-0/106945

V1.1.9.0

[Major New Features]

• The Shattered Realm’s fractured reality reveals new secrets. 20 new areas have been introduced into the Shard pool, including 4 new Shattered Guardian’s Domains.
  • The Shattered Guardian Set has received a visual update to make its splendor even more impressive. For those that preferred that old appearance, it is still available as a cosmetic option from the Splendors of the Shattered Realm vendor.
  • Three new Legendary sets have been added to the Forgotten Gods loot pool, 12 items in total. These sets are available exclusively in the Shattered Realm on Ultimate difficulty.
[Shattered Realm]

• Increased monster Offensive Ability and Damage scaling at Shards 70+
  • Boss aggro behavior has been changed and their spawn positions have been updated in higher shards. Bosses now do not engage until you get closer. It is now possible to avoid pulling all bosses in a Shattered Guardian’s Domain without resorting to camera exploits.
  • Fixed an exploit involving rotating the game camera to dramatically reduce the aggro radius of nearby enemies.
  • Timer penalty for dying now scales much more aggressively with shards.
  • Carnage bonus for the Timer now starts lower but scales more aggressively with chain kills. The max time between kills is now also slightly shorter, meaning the bonus will be a little harder to execute.
  • Timer bonus for slaying Hero monsters has been reduced by 1s.
[Crucible]

• Increased % Damage Modified bonus for pets granted by Might of Amatok to 20%
[Mod Tools]

• Default max level has been changed from 100 to 200 for the purpose of spawning monsters from Proxy Pools for mods that wish to substantially increase the max level.
[Art]

• Fixed missing model for Ghol’s Mark and Mark of Unlife.
[Animation]

• Fixed an issue where Zolhan’s Technique does not hit with both weapons when dual wielding melee weapons on a female character.
[Tech]

• Updated networkMTU to allow values up to 1500. The default remains at 1400 and should be appropriate for most users. networkMTU can be manually changed in the options.txt file.
[Game]

• Increased % Health and % All damage scaling for all pets (with skill rank and/or level). This has been largely compensated by reduction of comparable bonuses in pet-themed sets. This change does not affect player-scaling pets.
  • Fixed an issue with several missing music tracks in the Forgotten Gods content. Enjoy 4 new old music tracks that were there all along.
  • Added a failsafe for players stuck on the A Cultist in the Midst quest after starting Ashes of Malmouth content. Don’t neglect your NPCs and speak to them!
[Itemization]

• Faction - Bloodborer: added +3 to Tectonic Shift
  • Faction - Bloodrender: added 100% of Physical dealt as Vitality modifier for Savagery
  • Faction - Bysmiel Handcannon: added 15% of Physical dealt as Vitality
  • Faction - Corruptian: increased Poison damage modifier for Dreeg’s Evil Eye to 120 / 5s
  • Faction - Coven Darkener Pendant: added 6% Cast Speed and 10% of Physical dealt as Acid
  • Faction - Coven Venomlauncher: added 15% of Physical dealt as Acid
  • Faction - Hexflame: added +2 to “The Big One” and modifiers for Mortar Trap. Increased % Crit damage modifier for Albrecht’s Aether Ray to 15%.
  • Faction - Malmouth Blade Seal: added +2 to Upheaval
  • Faction - Mark of the Voracious One: increased % Armor to 12% and % Shield damage Blocked to 24%
  • Faction - Occulant: removed erroneous pet bonuses on the skill proc
  • Component - Eldritch Mirror: increased % All Speed for pets to 10%
  • Component - Leathery Hide: increased Armor to 32 and % Health to 6%
  • Component - Prismatic Diamond: removed % Elemental damage and increased Cooldown on the granted skill
  • Component - Runestone: replaced % Elemental damage with +8% damage to Aetherials
  • Component - Seal of Blight: added 6% Attack damage Converted to Health to the granted skill
  • Component - Titan Plating: increased % Armor to 12% and % Reflect Resist to 33%
  • Relic - Absolution: reduced % Retaliation damage bonuses on the granted skill
  • Relic - Honor: reduced % Retaliation added to Attack on the granted skill
  • Relic - Savage: increased damage dealt by the granted skill’s pet
Monster Infrequents

• Alkamos’ Scythe: increased Cold damage modifier for Blitz to 320 and added modifiers for Menhir’s Bulwark
  • Alkamos’ Warsword: increased Cold damage modifier for Vire’s Might to 260
  • Ascendant Cowl: increased Summon Burst modifier for Raise Skeletons to +4 and added -4s Cooldown modifier for Summon Briarthorn
  • Ascendant Hood: added modifiers for Inquisitor Seal
  • Ascended Casque: added 6% Physical Resist modifier for Spectral Binding
  • Ascended Diadem: added modifiers for Stormcaller’s Pact
  • Balegor’s Crusher: increased Poison damage modifier for Ring of Steel to 240 / 5s
  • Barthollem’s Gavel: added modifiers for Judgment
  • Barthollem’s Warmaul: increased Targets modifier for Fire Strike to +4
  • Blaze Herald: reduced Aether damage modifier for Word of Pain to 50
  • Bonebleach Halberd: increased Pierce damage modifier for Shadow Strike to 280
  • Bound Wraith: increased Cooldown Reduction modifier for Conjure Primal Spirit to -8s
  • Bysmiel-Sect Legguards: added 5% Physical Resist for pets and increased % Offensive Ability for pets to 6%
  • Chosen Gaze: added modifiers for Forcewave
  • Chosen Mask: added % Fire damage and added +1 Radius modifier for Thermite Mine
  • Chosen Visage: added % Elemental Resist and increased Fire damage for pets, replaced modifiers for Grenado with modifiers for Flame Touched and Summon Hellhound
  • Colossal Fortress: added % Fire damage and added 150 Fire damage and +1.5 Radius modifiers for Vindictive Flame. Increased % Weapon damage modifier for Counter Strike to 55% and reduced its Cooldown Reduction modifier to -0.3s.
  • Compelled Wraith: added -1s Cooldown modifier for Siphon Souls
  • Death’s Whisper Hood: added +2 Distance / Width modifiers for Bone Harvest
  • Ellena’s Necklace: reduced Frostburn damage modifier for Star Pact to 30 / 3s and reduced Cold damage modifier for Veil of Shadow to 70
  • Fleshwarped Carbine: added modifiers for Reckless Power
  • Fleshwarped Core: added modifiers for Menhir’s Bulwark and Menhir’s Will
  • Fleshwarped Incinerator: increased Burn damage modifier for Canister Bomb to 210 / 5s
  • Fleshwarped Shard: bonuses redesigned
  • Gargoyle Gaze: added modifiers for Rune of Hagarrad
  • Gargoyle Visage: added modifiers for Feral Hunger
  • Groble Sand Effigy: added 100% of Physical dealt as Vitality and 50 Vitality damage modifiers for Grasping Vines and increased its Bleed damage modifier to 90 / 1s
  • Gulgazor’s Heart: replaced bonus to Horn of Gandarr with +1 to Inquisitor Skills and reduced bonus to Righteous Fervor to +2. Added modifier for Word of Renewal.
  • Halion’s Crest: added Health and increased Duration modifier for Conjure Primal Spirit to +6s
  • Heart of Theodin Marcell: increased Aether damage on the granted skill
  • Incendiary Casque: increased % Crit damage modifiers for Fire Strike and Flames of Ignaffar to 28%
  • Korvaak’s Burning-Blade: added modifiers for Flame Touched
  • Korvan Burning Halberd: increased % Damage Modified modifier for Righteous Fervor to 15%
  • Korvan Casque: added modifiers for Blade Arc
  • Korvan Eldritch Halberd: increased Acid damage modifier for Righteous Fervor to 66
  • Korvan Gaze: added modifiers for Whirling Death
  • Korvan Helm: increased Vitality Decay damage modifier for Solael’s Witchfire to 70 / 5s and added 100% Vitality damage modifier for it
  • Korvan Reaping Halberd: increased % Weapon damage modifier for Bone Harvest to 80%
  • Korvan Storm Halberd: added +2 Radius modifier for Primal Strike
  • Kra’vall Shoulderguards: added Physical damage for pets
  • Lagoth’Ak’s Bloodbinding: increased Vitality damage modifier for Devouring Swarm to 80
  • Lucius’ Blade-Arm: reduced Cooldown on the skill proc
  • Messenger’s Blaze Cannon: added -0.4s Cooldown modifier for Vire’s Might, added 240 Burn damage / 5s modifier for War Cry and reduced its Fire damage modifier to 150
  • Messenger’s Repeater: added % Bleed damage and -15% Bleed Resist Reduction and +4s Duration modifiers for Word of Pain
  • Milton’s Casque: increased Physical damage modifier for Blitz to 128 and added modifiers for Shield Training
  • Moltenclaw Slicer: added 60 Fire damage modifier for Veil of Shadow and reduced Fire damage modifier for Canister Bomb to 40
  • Murderer’s Cowl: added 110 Bleed damage / 1s modifier for Blade Trap
  • Namadea’s Eye: increased Vitality damage modifier for Ranged Expertise to 36
  • Namadea’s Horns: added 5% Physical Resist modifier for Vindictive Flame and increased its Cold damage modifier to 160. Added 45% of Fire dealt as Cold modifier for Pneumatic Burst.
  • Obsidian War Cleaver: increased % Weapon damage modifier for Forcewave to 70%
  • Packla’s Skins: added modifiers for Savagery
  • Packla’s Visage: added modifiers for Phantasmal Blades
  • Rag’Nadar’s Maw: added +2s Duration modifier for Sigil of Consumption
  • Ronaprax’s Sting: increased % Weapon damage modifier for Dreeg’s Evil Eye to 26%
  • Rutnick’s Blaster: increased Aether damage modifier for Righteous Fervor to 33
  • Skybreaker Circlet: increased Lightning damage modifier for Rune of Kalastor to 66 and added 110 Lightning damage modifier for Vire’s Might
  • Spectral Arbalest: increased Projectile Increase modifier for Phantasmal Blades to +2 and removed its Vitality damage modifier
  • Spectral Crown: added 12% Health for pets
  • Spectral Warmaul: increased Vitality damage modifier for Wendigo Totem to 110 and added -2s Cooldown modifier for it. Added 80 Vitality damage and -1s Cooldown modifiers for Siphon Souls.
  • Steward’s Halberd: increased % Weapon damage modifier for Vire’s Might to 60% and its Internal Trauma modifier to 320 / 2s
  • Sunherald’s Claymore: increased Fire damage modifier for Menhir’s Bulwark to 66
  • Troll Bonecrusher: added 40 Bleed damage / 3s modifier for Savagery and increased Targets modifier for Feral Hunger to +5
  • Ugdenbog Arcaneweaver: added modifiers for Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange
  • Ugdenbog Bilelauncher: increased % Weapon damage modifier for Amarasta’s Blade Burst to 50%
  • Ugdenbog Boltthrower: increased Pierce damage modifier for Cadence to 155
  • Ugdenbog Flamethrower: added modifiers for Grenado
  • Ugdenbog Sparkthrower: increased % Crit damage modifier for Primal Strike to 50%
  • Vilgazor’s Heart: added modifiers for Pneumatic Burst
  • Viper Sandspitter: added 50% Projectile Passthrough modifier for Righteous Fervor
  • Voldrak’s Crusher: added 8% Attack Speed. Added +3 Targets modifier for Cadence. Increased Health Regeneration modifier for Mogdrogen’s Pact to 50 and added 35 Physical damage modifier for it.
  • Wendigo Gaze: replaced % Crit damage with Defensive Ability and % Pierce Resist
Epic Items

• Black Grimoire of Og’Napesh: increased damage dealt by the granted skill’s pet
  • Blacksteel Gauntlets: replaced % All Retaliation damage with 244 Health
  • Blightshard Amulet: increased damage dealt by the granted skill’s pet
  • Callagadra’s Gaze: replaced % Attack and % Cast Speed with Health
  • Core of Gargabol: added 15% of Physical dealt as Fire
  • Corruptor of Souls Set: added 20 Vitality damage for pets. Removed % Vitality damage for pets.
  • Corruptor of Spirits Set: added 10 Vitality damage for pets. Removed % Vitality damage for pets.
  • Desecrator Covenant Set: increased Chaos damage for pets to 40. Removed % Chaos and % Fire damage bonuses for pets.
  • Empowered Black Grimoire of Og’Napesh: increased damage dealt by the granted skill’s pet
  • Empowered Blightshard Amulet: increased damage dealt by the granted skill’s pet
  • Empowered Dissenter: added 15% of Physical dealt as Aether
  • Empowered Shadow’s Grasp: reduced Pierce damage to 5-7
  • Empowered Slithbane: added 45% of Physical dealt as Acid
  • Empowered Vilescorn Bracers: removed % All Retaliation damage
  • Hellrune Carver: added 25% of Acid dealt as Fire, replaced bonus to Righteous Fervor with +2 to Dreeg’s Evil Eye
  • Mogdrogen’s Peace Set: added 12 Physical damage for pets and reduced % Crit damage to 10%. Removed % All damage bonus for pets.
  • Mogdrogen’s Tranquility Set: added 22 Physical damage for pets. Removed % All damage bonus for pets.
  • Mythical Black Grimoire of Og’Napesh: increased damage dealt by the granted skill’s pet
  • Mythical Blacksteel Gauntlets: replaced % All Retaliation damage with 360 Health
  • Mythical Blightshard Amulet: increased damage dealt by the granted skill’s pet
  • Mythical Champion of the Light: increased Lightning Retaliation to 1200-2400
  • Mythical Dawnguard Gauntlets: added +3 to Menhir’s Bulwark
  • Mythical Dawnguard Helm: added +2 to Menhir’s Bulwark
  • Mythical Dissenter: added 15% of Physical dealt as Aether
  • Mythical Emberstone Treads: replaced bonus to Veterancy with +2 to Blitz
  • Mythical Hellrune Carver: added 25% of Acid dealt as Fire, replaced bonus to Righteous Fervor with +2 to Dreeg’s Evil Eye
  • Mythical Scorcher’s Archive: added +2 to “The Big One”
  • Mythical Scorchrune Legwraps: added +2 to “The Big One”
  • Mythical Shadow’s Grasp: added % Bleed damage and reduced Pierce damage to 8-12
  • Mythical Slithbane: added 45% of Physical dealt as Acid and replaced bonus to Cadence with +2 to Soldier Skills
  • Mythical Spidersilk Hauberk: added +2 to Cadence
  • Mythical Vilescorn Bracers: added +2 to Cadence and removed % All Retaliation damage
  • Mythical Vilescorn Greaves: added +2 to Blade Arc
  • Slithbane: added 45% of Physical dealt as Acid
  • Stormlauncher of Ultos: added 15% of Physical dealt as Lightning
  • The Dissenter: added 15% of Physical dealt as Aether
  • The Stormserpent Set: reduced Cooldown on the skill proc and increased its Activation Chance and All Resist Reduction
  • Stormserpent Loop: added 30% of Cold dealt as Lightning
  • Unholy Covenant Set: increased Chaos damage for pets to 25. Removed % Chaos and % Fire damage bonuses for pets.
  • Vilescorn Bracers: removed % All Retaliation damage
Legendary Non-Set Items

• Reduced % Retaliation added to Attack on Dawnshard skill procs
  • Amarastan Crusher: reduced % Attack Speed to 10%
  • Arcanum Sigillis: added 15% of Physical dealt as Elemental
  • Avenger of Cairn: removed Physical Retaliation
  • Azrakaa’s Sands: added +1 to Oathkeeper Skills and reduced bonus to Resilience to +3
  • Beronath, Reforged: increased % Retaliation damage modifier to -24%
  • Callagadra’s Visage: replaced % Attack and % Cast Speeds with 800 Health and reduced Physical Retaliation to 290
  • Cindercore: reduced Burn damage modifier for Canister Bomb to 100 / 2s
  • Conduit necklaces may now also roll with % Conversion, depending on the modifiers it comes with.
  • Conduit of Destructive Whispers: increased Vitality damage modifier for Fire Strike to 66 and updated its % Conversion modifier to 100% of Lightning dealt as Vitality
  • Conduit of Divine Whispers: increased Cold damage modifier for Righteous Fervor variant to 66. Added +2 Radius modifier for Summon Guardian of Empyrion variant. Increased Aether damage modifier for Eye of Reckoning variant to 88.
  • Conduit of Eldritch Whispers: replaced Lightning damage modifier for Summon Familiar with Aether support. Increased Aether damage modifier for Sigil of Consumption variant to 100 and updated its % Conversion modifier to 100% of Fire dealt as Aether.
  • Conduit of Undying Whispers: reduced % Aether Resist Reduction modifier for Siphon Souls to -10% and added 80 Chaos damage modifier for it
  • Conduit of Warring Whispers: increased Aether damage and Acid damage modifiers for Cadence to 155
  • Conduit of Wild Whispers: increased Aether damage modifier for Savagery to 66
  • Cord of Deception: added % Bleed and % Vitality damage
  • Corruption of Gargabol: added 15% of Physical dealt as Vitality
  • Dawnshard Gaze: replaced bonus to Ignition with +1 to Inquisitor Skills
  • Dreadscorcher: added 45% of Physical dealt as Aether
  • Evoker of Elgoloth: added 45% of Physical dealt as Lightning
  • Gaze of Empyrion: replaced bonus to Aura of Censure with +1 to Inquisitor Skills
  • Gildor’s Pulverizer: added % Bleed damage and increased Range modifier for Vire’s Might to +6 and its Pierce damage modifier to 240. Replaced bonus to Vire’s Might with +2 to Oathkeeper Skills.
  • Gutsmasher: increased damage on the skill proc
  • Hagarradian Enforcer: added 15% of Physical dealt as Cold
  • Heart of the Mountain: increased damage dealt by the granted skill’s pet
  • Horns of Korvaak (mythical): added 4% Attack Speed and 4% Cast Speed. Reduced Cooldown on the skill proc.
  • Hyrian’s Bulwark: increased bonuses to Aura of Censure and Celestial Presence to +3
  • Jaxxon’s Lucky Bullet: increased % Chance of Bleed damage on the granted skill to 100% and increased its Bleed damage
  • Mantle of Mogdrogen: replaced Offensive Ability and Health with Defensive Ability and 4% Physical Resist
  • Mark of Consumption: added +3 to Upheaval and a modifier for it
  • Mark of Ulzuin: increased Fire damage modifier for Albrecht’s Aether Ray to 40
  • Morguul’s Mortality: added 15% of Physical dealt as Vitality
  • Mythical Aethereach: increased Aether damage for pets to 21
  • Mythical Arcanum Sigillis: increased % Attack Speed to 18% and added 15% of Physical dealt as Elemental. Increased Elemental damage modifier for Fire Strike to 38 and its % Elemental damage modifier to 110%.
  • Mythical Avenger of Cairn: reduced Physical Retaliation to 346-440 and reduced Physical Retaliation modifier for Menhir’s Will to 1000
  • Mythical Azrakaa’s Sands: added +1 to Oathkeeper Skills and reduced bonus to Resilience to +3, increased % Health to 15%
  • Mythical Beacon of the Winter’s Veil: added 80 Cold damage modifier for Veil of Shadow
  • Mythical Beronath, Reforged: increased % Retaliation damage modifier to -24%
  • Mythical Black Scourge: increased damage dealt by the skill proc’s pets
  • Mythical Blazeborn Mantle: increased Health to 760
  • Mythical Bonescavenger’s Deathgrips: added 15% Freeze Resist and increased % Activation Chance on the skill proc to 100%. Increased damage dealt by the skill proc’s pets.
  • Mythical Bonewraith Pauldrons: increased Vitality damage to 17
  • Mythical Chilling Grip of Hagarrad: removed Cold damage modifier for Veil of Shadow and increased its % Attack Speed Reduction modifier to -15%. Increased Frostburn damage modifier for Grenado to 140 / 5s
  • Mythical Codex of Truths: added 25% Crit damage modifier for Horn of Gandarr
  • Mythical Cord of Deception: added % Bleed, % Pierce and % Vitality damage
  • Mythical Crest of Winter Fortitude: increased Cold damage modifier for Blitz to 220
  • Mythical Crimson Lotus: added +2 to “The Big One”
  • Mythical Crown of the Revenant King: increased Vitality damage to 14-21
  • Mythical Dawnshard Gaze: added +1 to Inquisitor Skills and reduced bonus to Ignition to +2. Increased % Vitality Resist to 36%.
  • Mythical Deathdealer’s Sidearm: increased % Attack Speed to 18%. Increased Activation Chance for the granted skill to 15%, reduced its Cooldown to 2s and added 100% Projectile Passthrough for it.
  • Mythical Deathlord’s Band: increased Defensive Ability to 50
  • Mythical Death’s Reach: increased Offensive Ability to 96 and Health to 1040
  • Mythical Direwolf Crest: increased Pierce damage on the granted skill
  • Mythical Dracarris: increased Fire damage modifier for Flame Touched to 18
  • Mythical Dreadscorcher: added 45% of Physical dealt as Aether, moved % Chaos dealt as Aether modifier for Fire Strike to modifier for Flame Touched
  • Mythical Dreegal’anore: increased Acid Retaliation to 1944-2700 and increased Acid Retaliation modifier for Blood of Dreeg to 600
  • Mythical Edge of Death: increased % Attack damage Converted to Health to 5% and added 19 Vitality damage. Added 18 Resist Reduction / 5s modifiers for Reaping Strike and Markovian’s Advantage. Removed % Chance of Resist Reduction.
  • Mythical Empyrion’s Mercy: added 70 Burn / Frostburn / Electrocute damage / 5s modifiers for Horn of Gandarr
  • Mythical Evoker of Elgoloth: added 30-112 Lightning damage and 45% of Physical dealt as Lightning
  • Mythical Exonerator: increased % Total Speed to 12% and increased Lightning damage modifier for Cadence to 110
  • Mythical Exterminus: increased % Attack Speed to 15%
  • Mythical Fang of Ch’thon: increased % Weapon damage modifier for Doom Bolt to 60%
  • Mythical Fiendflesh Mantle: increased Health to 710 and increased % Attack Speed for pets to 9%
  • Mythical Fiendmaster Raiment: added Chaos damage for pets and +2 to Hellfire
  • Mythical Flames of Wrath: added -8% Fire Resist Reduction modifiers for Aura of Censure and Summon Guardian of Empyrion and added 50% of Fire dealt as Aether modifier for Spectral Binding. Removed 25% of Fire dealt as Aether.
  • Mythical Gauntlets of Ignaffar: increased Fire damage modifier for Righteous Fervor to 20 and added 100% of Pierce dealt as Fire modifier for Grenado
  • Mythical Gravetouch: increased Frostburn modifier for Drain Essence to 140 / 2s
  • Mythical Guillotine: added -1.5s Cooldown modifier for Siphon Souls
  • Mythical Guthook Belt: added % Pierce damage
  • Mythical Hagarradian Enforcer: added 15% of Physical dealt as Cold
  • Mythical Hallanx’s Head: reduced Cooldown on the skill proc and increased % Attack damage Converted to Health modifier for Dreeg’s Evil Eye to 8%
  • Mythical Havoc: added 15 Physical damage modifier for Fighting Spirit
  • Mythical Heart of the Mountain: increased damage dealt by the granted skill’s pet
  • Mythical Hellborne: increased Fire Retaliation to 1600 and increased Fire damage modifier for Righteous Fervor to 66
  • Mythical Infernal Brimstone: increased % All Retalitaion damage modifier for Vindictive Flame to 140% and increased % Retaliation added to Attack on the skill proc
  • Mythical Jarinthor’s Head: added 12% Cast Speed
  • Mythical Jaxxon’s Lucky Bullet: increased % Chance of Bleed damage on the granted skill to 100% and increased its Bleed damage
  • Mythical Korvan Wyrm: increased Internal Trauma damage modifier for Primal Strike to 180 / 3s
  • Mythical Light’s Oath: added 5% Crit damage
  • Mythical Mark of Bloody Ends: increased Health to 544 and increased Bleed damage for pets to 18 / 3s
  • Mythical Mark of Dark Dreams: removed Cold damage modifier for Veil of Shadow
  • Mythical Mark of Kalastor: added % Bleed damage
  • Mythical Mark of the Dreadblade: increased Damage and Number of Targets on the skill proc
  • Mythical Mark of Unlife: added 6% Offensive Ability for pets and increased % Bleed Resist for pets to 40%
  • Mythical Markovian’s Stratagem: added % Physical damage
  • Mythical Mask of Infernal Truth: increased % Retaliation added to Attack on the granted skill
  • Mythical Menhirian: added % Bleed damage
  • Mythical Morguul’s Mortality: added 15% of Physical dealt as Vitality and +3 to Chilling Rounds
  • Mythical Nadaan’s Reach: added modifiers for Field Command
  • Mythical Necrolord’s Gaze: added 25% Stun Resist and increased Defensive Ability to 56
  • Mythical Necrolord’s Shroud: increased % Crit damage for pets to 12% and % Health for pets to 16%. Increased Vitality damage and % Vitality damage on the granted skill.
  • Mythical Nidalla’s Legwraps: added +3 to Dread
  • Mythical Northern Wyrm: added 80 Cold damage and +1 Radius modifiers for Veil of Shadow
  • Mythical Oathbearer: replaced bonus to Aura of Conviction with +1 to Inquisitor Skills. Added 8% Attack Speed modifier for Righteous Fervor and increased its % Weapon damage modifier to 16%.
  • Mythical Pagar’s Betrayal: added modifiers for Aegis of Menhir
  • Mythical Plaguebearer of Dreeg: increased % Vitality dealt as Acid for pets to 50%. Replaced % Crit damage modifier for Dreeg’s Evil Eye with 30% Weapon damage modifier.
  • Mythical Pyroclasm Mark: added 18% Aether Resist
  • Mythical Raka’Jax: increased Electrocute damage modifiers for Primal Strike and Storm Box of Elgoloth to 320 / 3s and 240 / 2s, respectively, and increased % Lightning Resist Reduction modifier for Storm Box of Elgoloth to -15%
  • Mythical Reaver’s Claw: increased Pierce damage modifiers for Cadence and Eye of Reckoning to 76 and 66, respectively
  • Mythical Ring of Sethris: reduced % Retaliation added to Attack on the skill proc
  • Mythical Rotdrinker Crest: added 100% Poison Duration for pets
  • Mythical Sash of the Immortal Sage: increased Health to 980 and added % Fire damage. Reduced % Retaliation added to Attack on the skill proc…
  • Mythical Scion of Bitter Winds: increased Cold damage modifier for Drain Essence to 33-55
  • Mythical Serenir’s Commendation: added % Retaliation added to Attack on the skill proc
  • Mythical Skybreach Bulwark: added 50-280 Lightning damage modifier for Aegis of Menhir and increased its % Retaliation added to Attack modifier to 9%
  • Mythical Soulare’s Helm: added 60 Aether damage modifier for Veil of Shadow
  • Mythical Soulblade: increased % Attack Speed to 18% and replaced % Attack Speed modifier for Righteous Fervor with a 22 Fire damage modifier
  • Mythical Soullance: added 45% of Physical dealt as Vitality and reduced Cooldown on the skill proc
  • Mythical Stonefist Rebuke: added +2 to Forcewave
  • Mythical Stormtitan Treads: added +2 to Upheaval
  • Mythical Storm Shepherd: reduced Offensive Ability to 33
  • Mythical Timewarped Walkers: replaced bonus to Aura of Conviction with +2 to Death Sentence
  • Mythical Tinker’s Ingenuity: added % All damage and added % Physical Resist to the granted skill
  • Mythical Titan Pauldrons: added % Bleed damage
  • Mythical Tome of Atonement: replaced bonus to Dreeg’s Evil Eye with +1 to Occultist Skills and added 8% Cast Speed. Redesigned Dreeg’s Evil Eye modifiers to allow for both cooldown and spam playstyles.
  • Mythical Touch of the Everliving Grove: increased % Total Speed to 10% and Health to 740. Increased % Defensive Ability for pets to 18% and % Health for pets to 30%. Reduced Cooldown on the skill proc.
  • Mythical Turrion’s Reprisal: reduced % Retaliation added to Attack modifier for Blackwater Cocktail to 9%
  • Mythical Veilpiercer: added 6% Physical Resist for pets and increased % Attack Speed for pets to 16%
  • Mythical Voidsteel Gauntlets: increased Chaos damage to 1-30
  • Mythical White Lotus: increased % Health to 8%
  • Mythical Will of Bysmiel: replaced % Electrocute damage and % Electrocute Duration modifiers for Summon Familiar with 100% Projectile Passthrough modifier for it
  • Mythical Witching Hour: added 10% Cooldown Reduction, 8% Physical Resist and +2 to Infernal Breath. Increased % Health for pets to 24%.
  • Mythical Wrath of Tenebris: replaced bonus to Death Sentence with +2 to Inquisitor Skills. Increased Chaos damage modifier for Word of Renewal to 28-66 and added 8% Attack Speed modifier for it. Increased % Weapon damage modifier for Doom Bolt to 80%.
  • Mythical Wretched Tome of Nar’adin: increased Acid damage modifier for Dreeg’s Evil Eye to 44
  • Mythical Zolhan’s Revenge: reduced % Retaliation added to Attack on the skill proc
  • Nightbringer: reduced % Cooldown Reduction to 14% and % Physical Resist to 14%
  • Okaloth’s Visage (mythical): increased Defensive Ability to 66 and increased: increased % Retaliation added to Attack modifier for Smite to 22%
  • Pandemic: replaced % Energy Cost Reduction modifier for Dreeg’s Evil Eye with 150 Vitality Decay damage / 5s modifier
  • Phasebreaker: added 15% of Physical dealt as Elemental
  • Ravager’s Dreadgaze: added 380 Health and reduced % Resist Reduction on the granted skill
  • Ring of Orissia: increased Bleed damage on the skill proc
  • Ring of Sethris: reduced % Retaliation added to Attack on the skill proc
  • Sash of the Immortal Sage: added % Fire damage and reduced % Retaliation added to Attack on the skill proc
  • Scion of the Screaming Veil: added 8% Physical Resist modifier for Maiven’s Sphere of Protection and increased % Weapon damage modifier for Callidor’s Tempest to 50%
  • Serenir’s Commendation: added % Retaliation added to Attack on the skill proc
  • Shard of the Eternal Flame: reduced Burn damage modifier for Canister Bomb to 55 / 2s
  • Soullance: added 45% of Physical dealt as Vitality
  • Storm Shepherd: reduced Offensive Ability to 22
  • The Pummeler: added % Fire damage and increased Internal Trauma damage modifier for Aegis of Menhir to 160 / 3s
  • Timewarped Walkers: replaced bonus to Aura of Conviction with +2 to Death Sentence
  • Tome of Atonement: replaced bonus to Dreeg’s Evil Eye with +1 to Occultist Skills
  • Venomlance: added 45% of Physical dealt as Acid and added modifiers for Righteous Fervor
  • Voidspire: replaced bonus to Execution with +1 to Nightblade Skills. Increased Chaos damage modifier for Execution to 200 and added 8% Attack damage Converted to Health modifier for it.
  • Zolhan’s Revenge: reduced % Retaliation added to Attack on the skill proc
Legendary Set Items

• Ardor of Octavius Set: increased Physical damage modifier for Rune of Kalastor to 40
  • Barrelsmith’s Destroyers Set: increased Cooldown Reduction modifier for Grenado to -0.8s and reduced Cooldown Reduction modifier for Canister Bomb to -1.3s
  • Mythical Barrelsmith’s Crossfire: increased % Activation Chance on the granted skill to 15%
  • Mythical Barrelsmith’s Salvo: increased % Activation Chance on the granted skill to 15%
  • Beastcaller’s Regalia Set: added 6 Physical damage bonus for pets. Removed % Health % Offensive Ability and % Crit damage bonuses for pets.
  • Beastcaller’s Cowl: reduced % All Damage on the granted skill
  • Blood Knight Set: reduced % Physical Resist to 10%
  • Bysmiel’s Trinkets Set: removed % Health, % All damage and % Crit damage bonuses for pets
  • Dagallon’s Annihilator: added 15% of Physical dealt as Lightning
  • Dagallon’s Destroyer: added 15% of Physical dealt as Fire
  • Dagallon’s Faceguard: moved % Conversion modifiers for Fire Strike to modifiers for Flame Touched
  • Darkblaze Incinerator: added 15% of Physical dealt as Chaos
  • Dark One’s Gift Set: reduced Vitality damage modifier for Wendigo Totem to 80
  • Dark One’s Hood: reduced Vitality damage modifier for Wendigo Totem to 40
  • Dawnseeker’s Light Set: added 250% Lightning damage modifiers for Word of Renewal and Savagery. Removed Lightning Retaliation modifier for Savagery.
  • Mythical Dawnbreaker’s Sledge: reduced % Retaliation added to Attack on the skill proc
  • Deathguard Set: increased Poison damage modifier for Bone Harvest to 250 / 5s
  • Deathguard Hood: increased % Elemental Resist to 36%
  • Deathguard Mantle: increased Defensive Ability to 52 and % Chaos Resist to 24%
  • Deathguard Shroud: increased Health to 580, Offensive Ability to 52 and bonus to Dread to +3
  • Deception of Dreeg Set: removed Acid and Poison damage modifiers for Dreeg’s Evil Eye. These bonuses have been added to the base skill.
  • Demonslayer’s Defense: replaced bonus to Blade Barrier with +3 to Heart Seeker
  • Diviner’s Vision Set: increased Vitality damage bonus for pets to 50. Removed % All damage bonus for pets. Increased % Aether and % Vitality Resist Reduction modifiers for Ill Omen to -12%.
  • Diviner’s Codex: removed % Crit damage for pets
  • Ghol’s Malice Set: reduced % Attack and % Cast Speed debuff on the summoned pet’s aura to -8%. Removed % Total Speed and % Acid/Poison damage/duration bonuses for pets.
  • Ghol’s Mantle: increased % Total Speed for pets to 8%
  • Invoker’s Will Set: reduced % Crit damage modifier for Panetti’s Replicating Missile to 16%
  • Judicator’s Seals Set: increased % Health Regeneration to 50% and increased % Heal on the skill proc
  • Justicar Guard Set: added 50 Fire damage and 180 Burn damage / 3s modifiers for Blitz
  • Krieg’s Grip: reduced Cooldown on the skill proc
  • Ludrigan’s Sidearm: added 15% of Physical dealt as Lightning
  • Markovian’s Bastion Set: added 30% Slow Resist bonus and increased % Health bonus to 24%. Increased Cooldown Refresh on the skill proc to -1.2s.
  • Mythical Demonslayer’s Defense: replaced bonus to Blade Barrier with +3 to Heart Seeker
  • Mythical Light’s Defender Gauntlets: increased Lightning damage modifier for Stun Jacks to 33
  • Mythical Valdun’s Hat: replaced bonus to Soldier Skills with +1 to Demolitionist Skills
  • Mythical Valdun’s Rifle: replaced bonus to Demolitionist Skills with +2 to Soldier Skills
  • Nature’s Call Regalia Set: added 15 Physical damage bonus for pets. Removed % Health % Offensive Ability and % Crit damage bonuses for pets. Removed Duration modifier for Conjure Primal Spirit.
  • Mythical Beastcaller’s Cowl: reduced % All Damage on the granted skill
  • Radaggan’s Folly Set: increased % Health bonus to 18%
  • Radaggan’s Mantle: increased Health to 550
  • Radaggan’s Shroud: increased Health to 680
  • Rah’Zin’s Gem: added +2 to Zolhan’s Technique and removed % Physical dealt as Chaos
  • Rimetongue Chestguard: increased Health to 600 and replaced % Elemental Resist with 4% Physical Resist
  • Rimetongue Mask: increased % Elemental Resist to 32%
  • Rimetongue Pendant: increased % Crit damage modifier for Horn of Gandarr to 30%
  • Rotgheist Set: increased % Poison Duration bonus to 150%
  • Sentinel of the Three Set: fixed an issue where the Eldritch Shard would trigger Devotion procs less often than intended. Reduced Acid Retaliation bonus to 1840.
  • Shepherd of Lost Souls Set: increased Vitality damage bonus for pets to 45 and increased % Health modifier for Raise Skeletons to 60%. Removed % Health and % Vitality damage bonuses for pets.
  • Targo’s Mallet: increased Internal Trauma damage modifier for Judgment to 80 / 2s
  • The Clairvoyant’s Focus Set: increased % Chance of 100% Cooldown Reduction modifiers for Doom Bolt and Reap Spirit to 25% and increased Aether damage modifier for Reap Spirit to 400
  • The Cyclone Set: increased Lightning damage modifier for Eye of Reckoning to 24-80 and reduced % Physical Resist bonus to 10%
  • The Korvan Dunefiend Set: increased % Physical Resist bonus to 12%. Increased Acid damage modifier for Eye of Reckoning to 66 and increased its % Attack damage Converted to Health modifier to 6%.
  • The Sacred Harmony Set: added -10% Fire Resist Reduction and 80 Fire damage modifiers for Veil of Shadow
  • Mythical Ortus: increased Fire damage modifier for Shadow Strike to 120
  • The Vanquisher Set: increased % Health bonus to 15%. Increased % Resist Reduction modifier for Vire’s Might to 15% and increased % Damage Modified modifier for Callidor’s Tempest to 60%.
  • Vanquisher’s Helm: increased Fire damage modifier for Vire’s Might to 100
  • The Voidsoul Set: increased Energy Regeneration bonus to 8 and added +1 Radius modifier for Doom Bolt. Increased % Damage Modified modifier for Aegis of Menhir to 80% and increased Chaos damage modifier for Flames of Ignaffar to 32-130
  • Voidsoul Armor: replaced Energy Regeneration with 55 Defensive Ability
  • Voidsoul Bulwark: increased % Weapon damage modifier for Aegis of Menhir to 30%
  • Voidsoul Visage: increased Energy Regeneration to 3.0
  • Uroboruuk’s Guise Set: increased Aether damage modifier for Drain Essence to 115
  • Valdun’s Hat: replaced bonus to Soldier Skills with +1 to Demolitionist Skills
  • Valdun’s Rifle: replaced bonus to Demolitionist Skills with +2 to Soldier Skills
  • Valguur’s Hunger Set: reduced Vitality damage modifier for Sigil of Consumption to 120
  • Valguur’s Focus: reduced Vitality damage modifier for Sigil of Consumption to 50. Added skill proc from Valguur’s Touch.
  • Valguur’s Gems: increased Vitality damage modifier for Storm Totem to 66
  • Valguur’s Touch: moved skill proc to the Valguur’s Focus
  • Virtue’s Defender: increased % Crit damage modifier for Aegis of Menhir to 18%
  • Wildheart Vanguard: increased Bleed damage modifiers for Devouring Swarm and Grasping Vines to 140 / 1s and 270 / 1s, respectively
  • Mythical Wildblood Crusher: increased % Attack damage Converted to Health modifier for Grasping Vines to 12%
  • Mythical Wildblood Girdle: increased Defensive Ability to 66
[Class & Skills]
Devotion

• Akeron’s Scorpion: increased % Acid damage to 39%
  • Alladrah’s Phoenix: increased Health to 225
  • Autumn Boar: increased % All Retaliation damage to 75% and % Reflect Resist to 15%
  • Behemoth: increased % Healing Increased to 6%
  • Eye of the Guardian: increased Offensive and Defensive Ability to 16
  • Falcon: increased % Bleed damage to 39% and Health to 60
  • Fox: increased % Attack damage Converted to Health to 4%
  • Harvestman’s Scythe: increased % Healing Increased to 10%
  • Hydra: increased Offensive Ability to 85 and Physical damage to 18. Added 10% Attack Speed. Reduced % All damage to 50% and removed Elemental damage.
  • Hyrian: increased % Armor to 16%, % Shield damage Blocked to 55%, % Healing Received to 10% and Health to 200
  • Lizard: increased % Healing Increased to 6%
  • Lotus: increased % Healing Increased to 10%
  • Messenger of War: increased % Armor to 12%
  • Mogdrogen the Wolf: added 6% Attack damage Converted to Health
  • Obelisk of Menhir: updated distribution of bonuses and reduced % All Retaliation bonus to 60%
  • Scales of Ulcama: Increased Health Regeneration to 30 and % Energy and % Health Regeneration to 33%. Reduced Health to 150 and % Attack damage Converted to Health to 3% and removed Offensive Ability.
  • Vire: increased Health to 200 and % Health to 8%
  • Vulture: increased Offensive Ability to 60
  • Aetherfire: reduced Maximum number of Aetherfires that can exist at any one time to 8, from 10
  • Bysmiel’s Command: increased damage dealt by the summoned pet
  • Falcon Swoop: increased Bleed damage scaling with rank
  • Fetid Pool: reduced base % Retaliation added to Attack by 1%
  • Fist of Vire: reduced base % Retaliation added to Attack by 4%
  • Maul: % Attack damage Converted to Health now scales with rank, up to 40%
  • Scorpion Sting: increased base % Weapon damage by 5% and increased Poison damage scaling with rank
  • Stone Form: reduced % All Retaliation damage to 115%
  • Targo’s Hammer: reduced base % Retaliation added to Attack by 4%
  • Trample: reduced base % Retaliation added to Attack by 3%
  • Tsunami (Celestial Proc): increased base % Weapon damage by 4%
  • Turtle Shell: increased Absorption scaling with rank and increased % Health Threshold to 50%. Reduced base Cooldown to 36s and adjusted its Cooldown scaling with rank to 12s by max rank.
Soldier

• Counter Strike: reduced % Retaliation added to Attack scaling with rank to 10% by rank 16, 14% by max ultimate rank
Demolitionist

• Mortar Trap: reduced Attack Rate by ~10%
  • “The Big One”: now also applies Burn damage over 5 seconds. Slow duration increased to 5s.
Occultist

• Dreeg’s Evil Eye: increased Acid damage scaling with rank
  • Blood Burst: increased Acid and Poison damage scaling with rank
  • Terrifying Gaze: increased % Acid and % Poison damage scaling with rank to 144% by rank 12, 264% by max ultimate rank
  • Vile Eruption: increased base Number of Fragments by 1
  • Ember Claw: Number of Targets now scales with rank, up to 11 by max ultimate rank. Increased base % Pet Attack damage to 115%.
  • Infernal Breath: increased base % Pet Attack damage to 115%
  • Summon Familiar: reduced % Pet Attack damage to 11%
  • Lightning Strike: increased Radius to 3.5 and increased % Pet Attack damage scaling with rank to 100% by rank 12, 125% by max ultimate rank
Arcanist

• Disintegration: reduced % Crit damage scaling with rank to 35% by rank 12, 45% by max ultimate rank
  • Supercharged: increased % Crit damage scaling with rank to 30% by rank 12, 40% by max ultimate rank
Shaman

• Conjure Primal Spirit: increased Cooldown to 45s
  • Devouring Swarm: increased Projectile Speed by 1.000, repeating of course
  • Ground Slam: increased % Pet Attack damage scaling with rank to 105% by rank 12, 135% by max ultimate rank
  • Storm Totem: reduced Attack Rate by ~10%
  • Upheaval: increased Bleed damage scaling with rank
Inquisitor

• Horn of Gandarr: reduced Cooldown to 4.5s
  • Ignition: increased Burn damage scaling with rank
  • Infernal Purge: increased Electrocute damage scaling with rank
  • Intensify: increased Lightning damage scaling with rank
  • Inquisitor Seal: increased damage scaling with rank
  • Steel Resolve: increased damage against Chthonians and Eldritch scaling at ultimate ranks to 24% by max ultimate rank
  • Vigor: increased Health scaling with rank to 1000 by rank 10, 2800 by max ultimate rank
Necromancer

• Blood Boil: increased damage scaling with rank
  • Sear Souls: reduced % Damage Modified penalty to -10%. Removed % Attack damage Converted to Health penalty. This modifier was not functioning, but as the skill was balanced around that, we are going to simply remove it…
  • Bone Harvest: increased % Weapon damage scaling with rank to 270% by rank 16, 330% by max ultimate rank
  • Harvester of Death: removed % Weapon damage, it has been added to the base skill
  • Drain Essence: increased Aether damage scaling with rank to 70 by rank 16, 210 by max ultimate rank
  • Hungering Reach: increased % Crit damage scaling with rank to 55% by rank 12, 75% by max ultimate rank. Increased Additional Targets scaling with rank to 4 by rank 12, 6 by max ultimate rank.
  • Decomposition: increased % Vitality Decay damage scaling with rank to 120% by rank 12, 220% by max ultimate rank
  • Raise Skeletons: increased % Pet Attack damage on skeleton special attacks and increased damage on the Skeletal Revenant’s Undeath Aura
  • Summon Blight Fiend: increased % Pet Attack damage on the base vomit skill
  • Blight Burst: increased base % Pet Attack damage to 14% and increased its value at max ultimate rank to 50%
  • Rotting Fumes: increased Poison damage scaling with rank

Ivan

Arcane
Yeah, Crate are bros. I feel totally satisfied with the base game (what came with the kickstarter backing). Haven't touched any of the DLCs, but it's damn admirable that they're still supporting this. Kudos to Arthur Bruno and the team.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
They are working full time on that city building game of theirs now and this is unfortunately the last Grim Misadventure.

xuerebx

Erudite
Had bought this a while back but never got round to play it (base game only). Having a blast! Started out not knowing what the hell I should be doing but I'm learning the mechanics now. I'll be building my own sub-par character - no guides or tips, just going with what seems fun and powerful. I'm a Nightblade / Arcanist just 3 hours in, leveling up is pretty damn fast.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Nightblade/arcanist is pretty fun to play, agile glass cannon, my advice, have fun as much as you want the first time. Once you complete the main campaign, if you liked, buy at least Ashes of Malmoth before trying the higher difficulties, there is a potion that booster xp gain by 100% with the Malmoth Resistance faction vendor. Also, it is easy to respec, so just try everything out. Once you finish normal, respec all your points.

Just a few tips that are useful through all the game:
a) Select a damage type and focus as much as you can on it, Grim Dawn rewards especialization.
b)Find ways to reduce enemy resistances, there are enemies that are really resistant on this game and as resistances can be negative, even enemies with low resistance, lowering their resistance even further is great, you can triple your damage by just removing them, keep an eye for constellations with debuffs for enemy resistances against the attacks you use, Rowan's Crown is a great constelation for a ice nightblade for example.
c)Your resistances are essential for survival on end game, you can be one shot by anything if you have less than maximum resistances on the end game and many bosses debuff your resistances (resistance debuff appears as a broken shield), that is deadly on end game so against some bosses, you need to have extra resistances, over the cap to compensate for the debuffs.
d) Dont be stingy with all those components that enemies drop, some have really good effects that can make your life easier, use them as much as you can to make your life easier.
e)Also, if you wanna make your life easier, also, focus the first 20 or so points on a single skill instead of spreading your points, give preference for skills with AoE that are spammable and with no cooldows, each class has a low level AoE spamable skill, of course, this is more for a second character, have fun with your first one and do whatever you want, experiment at will.
f)There are enemies that can crit you for 6000 damage on higher difficulties, aim to have something like 4000 hp by the end of normal, 6000 hp on the end of elite and 10000 hp on the last difficulty.
g) Before starting a new character, make sure to grind reputation with the faction vendors, they sell armor components that are crucial to survival on end game and you can also buy writs from all of them, they will greatly speed up your next characters reputation acquisition, yes, they can be transfered.
h)Physical ability is the king of the attributes, dont underestimate the defense ability, this will protect against crits and some bosses on higher difficulties will murder you if you dont have at least 3000 of it by end game that is why on the long run, physical ability is the king, it gives you defense and life. I just dont bother spending points unless finding an item that requires it, I just hold many points for when I want to complete my build.

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
My tips:

- Work toward the class set; there are several for Nightblade/Arcanist depending on what you want to emphasize (I'd pick Cold damage), but don't obsess too early, as you can always change your devotions/skill point allocations later (except Mastery points)
- Make sure to invest in Phys AND Cunning; I'd probably go for a 60:40 ratio
- Aim for 2500+ DA/OA, at the minimum by lvl 92
- Related to the first point: while you're levelling, make it as comfortable/enjoyable as possible - don't worry about allocating points in the Mastery to get to your endgame skills ASAP; it won't feel good and you'll be demotivated

xuerebx

Erudite
Woah thanks for the useful tips guys, much appreciated! Good to know re. health and the attributes (physical, and cunning), I will seek to maximise these. What I haven't done is look towards the end of the skill tree to pre-plan my choices since I can respec at a certain point.

Also love the dark atmosphere, reminds me of Diablo 1/2.

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
My tip would be to max your main skill(s) asap unless it is ARR which is a huge energy hog.
AAR requires tip-top e-management and I don't think Spellbreaker can really bring that to the table unless they gave it some gearings to help with that. Cold Spellbreaker builds are capable of astonishing damage but god help you if you trip over something like Loxmere Nightmage.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's possible to make it work, and it's infinitely easier with twink gear, but you have to keep track of your energy and/or use energy regen components.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom