Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

bataille

Arcane
Hide is probably per cent based: 20 in the skill equals 20% chance to hide.
Backstab is nice, triple damage doesn't hurt (not-knives most likely get smaller bonuses).

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
New Version of DECLINE Released - 1.2C

See OP in DECLINE thread for details and download link.

Zep--

mondblut

Arcane
Is there any point in recruiting that whiny ratboy in Nerukruel pyramid? Does he give any special benefits, or his speech about helping is simply a recruitment offer?

Also, is there any special reward for "saving him" as opposed to killing Grendel and disabling the orb on my own? If yes, at what point of completing the dungeon he should be taken into the party for that "saving" to count? Like, "before walking out", "before final boss battle", "before ascending floor 2" or whatever. I really don't want to backtrack to shrine of the raptor, but I will if I am sufficiently motivated to keep the rat but only for a little while...

Last edited:

Viata

Arcane
Is there any point in recruiting that whiny ratboy in Nerukruel pyramid? Does he give any special benefits, or his speech about helping is simply a recruitment offer?
I think it is a recruitment offer, the same as Lilith saying she will help you get to Shelach in Skulheim.

Tigranes

Arcane
Ask him about things. Mindread him if you need the keywords. Charm him and rob him, maybe. If the subject comes up he's willing to give it to you and ask you to go get a book for him.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Noob question: I noticed in my character screens that I have some skill boxes that are highlighted in pink. What does the highlight indicate?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Noob question: I noticed in my character screens that I have some skill boxes that are highlighted in pink. What does the highlight indicate?
I have no fucking clue, cross class skill? Possibly class specific skill? Dunno. It could also just be a bug. I'm p.sure that everyone's seen it tho.

mondblut

Arcane
I think it is a recruitment offer, the same as Lilith saying she will help you get to Shelach in Skulheim.

In the end I recruited him after completing the dungeon and went through the circles again. He does reveal a map of path of the elders, and speaks a few lines about feeling better upon leaving Grendel domain, but that's it. No xp for taking him outside or whatever.

How much inspection is needed to take the orb from the top of the pyramid? I brought Rosy there (58), but it's not enough.

gestalt11

Arbiter

Not entirely certain but the spellcasting skill that your class currently uses seems to always be highlighted in pink. So if you were a Bard you have sorcery highlighted, I am guessing if you class switched to Cleric Litany would become highlighted instead and Sorcery would be essentially useless.

ukdouble1

Educated
Has anyone been able to use the workplace as a blacksmith? For some weapons, the option "sharpen the edge" is available, but clicking on it does not give anything.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Not entirely certain but the spellcasting skill that your class currently uses seems to always be highlighted in pink. So if you were a Bard you have sorcery highlighted, I am guessing if you class switched to Cleric Litany would become highlighted instead and Sorcery would be essentially useless.
That doesn't explain why alchemistry would be highlighted tho. Unless I'm missing that that's a spellcasting skill.

Alright I'm tying up some loose ends in Crowl (looking for someone to translate that encoded catechism so I can get Caliburn and answer the riddles in Samhain) - where the fuck is Clara (Raghilda's sister)? I've scoured the baths and found clues and signs of struggle, but I've examined every tile and can't find the ruby broach she was carrying. I can't seem to open the gate at the end of the baths either.

Clues?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Alright I'm tying up some loose ends in Crowl (looking for someone to translate that encoded catechism so I can get Caliburn and answer the riddles in Samhain) - where the fuck is Clara (Raghilda's sister)? I've scoured the baths and found clues and signs of struggle, but I've examined every tile and can't find the ruby broach she was carrying. I can't seem to open the gate at the end of the baths either.

Clues?
The answer is to
stop wasting your time trying to solve that mystery in Crowl. Proceed with other quests, and you'll eventually find the Ruby Broach.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
As for myself, I've been playing with the release version of Grimoire, but I've now reached the Hecatombs/Reflekshun/Knossos area
, and I think I might be encountering bugs. There's a looking glass in the Halls of Reflekshun that I need a book for, but no book anywhere. By sleeping on the plant square in the Hall of Knossos, I can make the plant creature ("sprout from hell") appear and kill it, but this doesn't appear to change anything else. Do I need to give up on the release version and update?

Last edited:

Winslow

Novice
Patron
There's a counter that keeps going down on Caliburnus even if I don't invoke it (I'm just swinging normally). Why?
I think it's supposed to be for invoking fireballs, but the charges seem to be messed up on melee weapons in general. It also happens with necrostaff.

Forton

Barely Literate
I'm near the end of the game and completely stumped as to how to progress.
I'm at cromlech of the clock and I need to cause some sort of emergency to pull the lever, I think it involves interacting with the computer screen across the room but I've tried everything in my inventory. Do I need to go all the way back and activate the bridge in the barracks, or am I missing something obvious?

Silentsigil

Novice
Forton:

Yes, you need something from beyond the bridge. When you wear it, you can see the Matrix.

Great Deceiver:

Caliburnus seems to pop off Fire damage and Irritation until it runs out of charges, then just wrecks face with no Irritation afterwards. Make sure your Durendal is using it if you have one. It's the only thing they'll be getting for a while

Zed Duke Extralongnamington:

The book exists in Knossos. Or it did before he fixed Knossos.

Mondblut:

I think the Rhattu fleshsack and Lilith are both supposed to lead you through their respective "dark" areas without causing instadeath pits. Once you can no longer spam Locate Item with Kroondergraf, this might actually be an issue. Probably disabled in V1

Last edited:

Viata

Arcane
As for myself, I've been playing with the release version of Grimoire, but I've now reached the Hecatombs/Reflekshun/Knossos area
, and I think I might be encountering bugs. There's a looking glass in the Halls of Reflekshun that I need a book for, but no book anywhere. By sleeping on the plant square in the Hall of Knossos, I can make the plant creature ("sprout from hell") appear and kill it, but this doesn't appear to change anything else. Do I need to give up on the release version and update?
Defeating that plant creature cuts Knossos's life by half when you fight him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom