Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Half the people here believe Cleve is insane and that his game is a mess.

I'm trying to figure out where your animosity is coming from.

And I'm trying to figure out why you expect good treatment from a developer whom you are "fucking with" (your own words) by pretending to be playing a pirated copy of his game after refunding it.

You seem to have a pervasive reading comprehension problem. I'm not sure if it's willful or you're just trying to multitask and your attention is elsewhere or what, but it's super irritating.

Please show me where I ever claimed to be "fucking with the developer by pretending to be playing a pirated copy of his game." I'll wait.

Care to articulate a story that explains how (and fundamentally, why) a non-steam game called "Grimoire" showed up on your profile?

Because Occam's razor would point here to you having pirated the game, and then mistyped 1.2.0.14 as 1.2.1.4. However, if a simpler explanation exists, we'd love to hear it.

Viata

Arcane
Remember this guy posting on Usenet about Grimoire (assuming it is the same one):

eaSra06.png

Ahhhh in things like this is where it shows we're not young anymore. The good old "evil roommate" story has turned into "it was my son". In a couple decades we'll be blaming our nurses or wrong prescriptions.

:despair:
"Sorry guys, while I was having a cardiac arrest, my doc saw my notebook and decided to pirate Grimoire II, but I already said that I'm not going to pay him because of that."

Tarrant

Educated

And I'm trying to figure out why you expect good treatment from a developer whom you are "fucking with" (your own words) by pretending to be playing a pirated copy of his game after refunding it.

You seem to have a pervasive reading comprehension problem. I'm not sure if it's willful or you're just trying to multitask and your attention is elsewhere or what, but it's super irritating.

Please show me where I ever claimed to be "fucking with the developer by pretending to be playing a pirated copy of his game." I'll wait.

Care to articulate a story that explains how (and fundamentally, why) a non-steam game called "Grimoire" showed up on your profile?

Because Occam's razor would point here to you having pirated the game, and then mistyped 1.2.0.14 as 1.2.1.4. However, if a simpler explanation exists, we'd love to hear it.

Are you serious? Because I *literally* just explained all that.

And why, in the name of all things holy, would somebody who pirated the game add it to their steam library for all the world to see they were playing a pirated copy?

Rick

Erudite
As a legitimate owner of the game, and who left a positive review, I'd very much like to know what DEV, and every other attribute and skill, does, or is supposed to do, from the Horses's Mouth himself.

I'd be perfectly happy to wait for the manual, but it would also be nice to give a real ETA. Plus or minus a few days would be fine.

Viata

Arcane
I'd be perfectly happy to wait for the manual, but it would also be nice to give a real ETA. Plus or minus a few days would be fine.
Grimoire Manual Is Coming Out Next Friday
15 August - GOLDEN ERA GAMES
You have to be a Grimoire regular to get that joke.

I am working on the manual today and tomorrow all day. I have it in a rudimentary form and am trying to fill it out with the essentials. The game is so dense that writing about Grimoire's mechanics makes you realize you have a lot more to write about Grimoire's play mechanics.

There is also a new update coming tomorrow that will be the first that isn't trying to fix an assert. Grimoire "asserts" are in reality logging events that require a full stop because some data was encountered that just isn't right at that moment in the game. Those seem to have vanished after some small redesigns of the code in a few places, hopefully they won't be coming back.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath

Are you serious? Because I *literally* just explained all that.

"I do this to fuck with people" is your explanation? Well, then grow up and accept the consequences of fucking with people, I guess?

And why, in the name of all things holy, would somebody who pirated the game add it to their steam library for all the world to see they were playing a pirated copy?

I don't need to explain your actions.

Nyast

Cipher
Yeah, the excuses keep getting more ridiculous.

"My son was using my Steam account to post about Grimoire, but now I bought the game."

"That Grimoire non-Steam game was really notepad.exe, just to make fun of Cleve ha ha."
The notepad one actually makes sense- Not sure why someone would actually do it- But was there a version 1.2.1.4 ? I dont remember one.

The "son" excuse was just cringeworthy

I don't get those people. Assuming he's telling the truth and renamed an exe to make it look like he was pirating Grimoire, why would you complain about getting banned ? That's, like, asking for it..

Tarrant

Educated
DavidBVal said:
Tarrant said:

I don't need to explain your actions.

I'm not asking you to explain my actions. It was a rhetorical question intended to prompt you into thinking. Apparently it failed.

Tarrant

Educated

"My son was using my Steam account to post about Grimoire, but now I bought the game."

"That Grimoire non-Steam game was really notepad.exe, just to make fun of Cleve ha ha."
The notepad one actually makes sense- Not sure why someone would actually do it- But was there a version 1.2.1.4 ? I dont remember one.

I don't get those people. Assuming he's telling the truth and renamed an exe to make it look like he was pirating Grimoire, why would you complain about getting banned ? That's, like, asking for it..

Where did I complain about being banned?

DarKPenguiN

Arcane

I think he is telling the truth- The renaming the notepad thing actually works and you can make it say anything. The version number doesnt exist and like he said, why would he add a pirated to version to Steam at all since you have to actually set it up to show the 'non steam' game.

I assume (right or wrong) his intent was to get banned and then show that he didnt really do anything wrong. How he would know someone would even bother to look what he was playing and post it is the unknown part (conspiracy? hmmmmmm....Alex Jones HAZ THE DOCUMENTS!)

Idk- But hes telling the truth in my opinion, just dont know the motive except maybe for the Lulz.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane

Tarrant

Educated
Also:

I never completely grew out of trolling; let the world beware.
I do that sort of thing to fuck with people

vs.

I'm not trolling here.

Right.

So because I like to pretend I'm playing games on Steam that don't exist, that means I'm trolling RPG Codex?
Maybe trolling Cleve.

Why then?

Oh *my* god.. I feel like *I'm* getting trolled.

Why what exactly?

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
I am ashamed to see us falling for such a weak trolling attempt. This is the Codex ffs. Just ignore him.

Nyast

Cipher

Where did I complain about being banned?

You said Cleve was wrongfully banning people from Steam. Implying it was wrong of him to ban you, too.

Tarrant

Educated
I am ashamed to see us falling for such a weak trolling attempt. This is the Codex ffs. Just ignore him.

Absolutely mindboggling. I go to bed, everything is fine.. wake up and suddenly I'm accused of piracy, banned, and then accused of trolling when I try to explain. Fucking surreal.

I'm out. Just don't care at this point.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane

Absolutely mindboggling. I go to bed, everything is fine.. wake up and suddenly I'm accused of piracy, banned, and then accused of trolling when I try to explain. Fucking surreal.

Yes you do.

Weasel
If he honors the Wizardry tradition, Brenda would be writing the manual.

Doesn't like 'DOS Manuals', but on the other hand won't ask for a raise. Could be a good option for Golden Era Games

Romero took a plane to Atlanta for the job interview. But during the interview, when IBM disclosed that her job would be to revise and update DOS manuals, Romero had an epiphany. "They offered me $US20,000 more than I earned at Sir Tech, but I thought: 'No, this isn't the job for me.'"

Romero took the plane back to New York and walked into the VP of Sir Tech's office. "It was a profound moment that at the time lacked any gravity," she says. "He asked me how it went, and I said: 'I think I want to keep making games.' That was that. I didn't even ask for a raise. I was just happy to be working on games."

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer

Care to fill out the dots below? And please don't reply with "I already explained", if needed, just copy-paste your previous reply to give us a full sentence we can understand. We are dull, you know.

"I labeled a game "Grimoire" in Steam because ............. yet I think people shouldn't be mad at me because ............. "

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom