Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GTA4 is running like shit

DriacKin

Arbiter
Trash said:
Bull. Gunfights, driving, world, pedestrians, internet, missions and ofcourse graphics are all much improved.

In other words, a lot of the gimmicky side bullshit has been improved (grafix, physics, internet, cell phone).
The main missions have practically no variety compared to the previous installments. If felt like I was doing the same mission over and over, while SA and VC did a pretty good job of mixing up the mission objectives. In the end, GTA4 only had 1 or 2 missions in the entire game which were even slightly memorable.

Also, you said that the game's pedestrians were much improved? They were?

bhlaab

Erudite
Trash said:
Bull. Gunfights, driving, world, pedestrians, internet, missions and ofcourse graphics are all much improved.

Driving is more realistic, but is at complete odds with the gameplay which begs for simple arcadey driving.

World, I'd say, was again more realistic but less interesting than Vice City or San Andreas. It is pretty cool that it "feels" like an actual city now but it's missing the pastiche that made the previous two games interesting.

Graphics, it's hard to argue that they're not better than the old games, but in terms of today's games the crappy framerates, lack of anti aliasing support, and awful dithered shadows cause it to sink below the crowd.

The main disappointment for me, like others have said, is the lack of atmosphere but what actually shocked me was that the writing wasn't funny.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Wyrmlord said:
Punch one and see how they react.

According to the laws of proprietary Euphoria(tm)!

GTA4's stuff is nowhere near the superspy madness and over-the-top action movie tricks that VC and SA were so full of. Even SA where the nigger ends up doing really crazy stuff.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO GREAT WAY TO PANDER TO THE MASSES AFTER YOUR COMEBACK KEEP UP THE RASHIAL SLURS

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom