Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guido Fawkes (aka FretRider) should not be banned

FretRider should not be banned

• Indeed, he should not be banned, I love him and his stalinistic antics

Votes: 41 21.2%
  • (LIBRUL) Ban him

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • (MILDLY LIBRUL) Exile him to RPGWatch

Votes: 29 15.0%
  • (STRONGLY LIBRUL) Ban him and Moribund

Votes: 47 24.4%
  • (ANARCHIST) Free Jim Profit!

Votes: 38 19.7%

• Total voters
In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I have to protest. When I descended into madness a decade and a half ago I was a militant Catholic.

tiagocc0

Arcane
sparrow-fight.gif

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
If you miss him so badly why don't you go join him over at RPGWatch, HHR? I mean I'm starting to get pretty sick of your pining away for him. It's frankly quite embarrassing.

Glyphwright

2. It was done after (or possibly just before) you were banned.
The thread title/poll option edit was done long before FretRider was banned, minutes after this thread was originally posted by him. If you look at the first page, I leave a semi-serious post in response to the OP which was about demoting Trash, and minutes later I remark that the thread and poll were edited to look like something stupid.

3. I'm pretty sure you were losing the poll - and if your reliance is on polls, then I'd wager that if I were to run a poll like, say, "Should FretRider be banned" a majority would vote "yes". Just like 61% have in this poll.
The poll was edited so quickly, it never had a chance to actually gain votes. It's like, the split second someone sees anything negative being said about a moderator/administrator on this forum, it is immediately edited/deleted/nuked/dismembered/exorcised. As if the mods/admins live in permanent mortal fear of someone making fun of them, and compulsively scour the forums for signs of dissidence.

Familiar behavior.
I'd just like to add that Guido Faux managed to make the admins/mods so immensely butthurt, that weeks after he was banned, they still lash out at him with petty accusations and personal attacks, and cover up their own petty schemes by making fallacious claims, exposed in the heavily brofisted post I quoted. They still can't get over the fact that FRETRIDER CAN'T POST HERE ANYMORE, YOU DON'T NEED TO ARGUE WITH HIM.

Administrator butthurt reaching critical mass. Cataclysmic system crash imminent.

I can't wait. :avatard:

Repressed Homosexual
I will keep contact with him.

However it's not why I keep interjecting from time to time in this thread. Like I said earlier, it's because I don't like seeing people ganging up on another person, humiliating and insulting him, and using him as a scapegoat. It is this petty mob behavior that I find deplorable. I did just the same with Andhaira, as I would to anyone else for whom it happened.

tiagocc0

Arcane
I will keep contact with him.

However it's not why I keep interjecting from time to time in this thread. Like I said earlier, it's because I don't like seeing people ganging up on another person, humiliating and insulting him, and using him as a scapegoat. It is this petty mob behavior that I find deplorable. I did just the same with Andhaira, as I would to anyone else for whom it happened.

If he started a private conversation as is desirable and advised in this situation, none of this would have happened. There would be no petty mob behavior.

C&C.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
HHR! is simply gay for Fretty, can't you see the rapturous, overwhelming affection leaking out from his every post? Such a wonderful love story, like in a good chick flick, I'm feeling sentimental now :love:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
He wants to play the wise, elderly catholic bishop to Frettys young and impressionable choir boy :love:

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Why can't the aethist LIBRUL calmly discuss anything?

This has bugged me for awhile. Is the Aethist misspelling supposed to be intentional, kind of like Librul? Fret did it and I think HHR did it too on occasion.

While the Librul misspelling sounds innately mocking and that is obviously the point, Aethist just doesn't give that sort of natural stupid sound.

Moribund

A droglike
Yes, whisky, it's intentional. I've been doing it at least 20 years on the web. Some faggot will come out saying how backwards christtards are blah bla blah (in spite of being like the backbone of science all through history), then the traditional lulzy response is something like "Well, I may not have your fancy vasser edumacation missy. I'm just a simple country doctor strong in da lord. I'll believe ya about dem dinosaur bones but I don't truck with all this aethist pokeryjiggery that says the bible condones genocidical removalence of undesireables. We're supposed to love our neighbors boy, even the ninjas and joods."

It's not meant to be taken seriously. Like all southern things it's kind of retarded but it amuses me and has been kind of a mem since before the internet even began.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
2. It was done after (or possibly just before) you were banned.
The thread title/poll option edit was done long before FretRider was banned, minutes after this thread was originally posted by him. If you look at the first page, I leave a semi-serious post in response to the OP which was about demoting Trash, and minutes later I remark that the thread and poll were edited to look like something stupid.
Thread created: Feb 22, 2013 @ 2:53 AM
Glyphwright Posts: Feb 22, 2013 @ 3:27 AM
DarkUnderlord Bans: Feb 22, 1013 @ 9:04 AM

Fair enough it occurred minutes after the thread was created. But it also means it happened not long before he was banned.

3. I'm pretty sure you were losing the poll - and if your reliance is on polls, then I'd wager that if I were to run a poll like, say, "Should FretRider be banned" a majority would vote "yes". Just like 61% have in this poll.
The poll was edited so quickly, it never had a chance to actually gain votes.
I stand corrected on that. All I knew is I'd checked the Codex, saw FretRider asking to be banned and a thread with 8 pages of drama in it, a day after we'd had a previous thread (that might be why the previous thread was retardo'd, because we now had two of them), banned him and then saw the post from one of the other admins that they'd edited the poll.

Given that, it's likely I never saw the original poll. I have a strong suspicion the options were as equally stupid as FretRider's original post.

It's like, the split second someone sees anything negative being said about a moderator/administrator on this forum, it is immediately edited/deleted/nuked/dismembered/exorcised.
Saying something negative about a mod: "Trash is editing my posts. He edited this thread topic, to that. Can I know why this is happening and have it stopped?"

Shitposting: HE'S FULL OF LIBRUL HOMOSEXUAL RAGE DUE TO HIS FAILURES IN LIFE.

Fun Fact™: Trash used to edit NoMasks's posts. NoMask raised the issue with me via PM. I asked Trash to stop - and edited the forum's code at the time to prevent him from doing it (code is no longer present due to XF upgrade). I may be wrong but I believe Trash has not edited a NoMask post since. Compare that to how FretRider handled the situation.

I'm also pretty sure Trash asked me if he could edit FretRider's posts back when I said FretRider was "free reign".

And I like how this history comes from people we've banned in the past. Technically, if we'd had our way and they'd remained banned instead of making alts, none of them would be posting again, therefore their posts wouldn't be getting edited.

FretRider knew damn well what he was in for back when he grovelled for his account last year. That's because we had banned him and identified his alt. We had no intention of unbanning him. We allowed him to post on a very short leash. He has well and truly gone beyond that leash. Stop playing this "Oh he's so innocent, he's a victim" line.

As if the mods/admins live in permanent mortal fear of someone making fun of them, and compulsively scour the forums for signs of dissidence.

Familiar behavior.
To be honest, there's a shit-list of posters - all those we've banned at some point in the past and who just keep coming back and repeating their behaviour - who are pretty much free reign for our amusement.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter

tiagocc0

Arcane
People actually read Moribund's posts?
People actually play Bioware's games?
People actually play EA's games?
People actually read Vollourn's posts?

etc,etc...
I think a original text written by a shitposter, no matter how retarded, is much better than your (shit)posting schitcks. Just type "no u" and be done with it.

I actually get now what DU said about Brazilian posters.

Moribund

A droglike
But he's got FOUR YEARS of experience in online stores. FOUR YEARS. How can he be a shitposter?

He obviously is smarter than guys like toro and cleve and myself and can correct us about programming and all that shit.

He's a creative prodigy, dude, don't you know. He makes music in fruity loops and then looks outside the window and BAM names the track after the first thing he sees. How dare regular guys like us question the genius of the king of one liners. Each one is an onion of infinite wisdom, a haiku formed by the word yahweh spake to bring about the light.

:lol:

No, wait, he's just a fucking retard.

Don't think I've noticed any actual CONTENT from him. Or from hoverdog or tiagocc. Funny how many people can't seem to post about anything but other posters. Then when they defend themselves fall back to the supposed moral highground and just call them a shitposter.

tiagocc0

Arcane
Don't think I've noticed any actual CONTENT from him. Or from hoverdog or tiagocc. Funny how many people can't seem to post about anything but other posters. Then when they defend themselves fall back to the supposed moral highground and just call them a shitposter.
:notsureifserious:

Moribund

A droglike
So you respond to that by posting a jpeg. Even more pointless than a jaesunic one liner. :lol:

No one cares about or reads what you post, it's filler. Like what jaesun said, except it's actually true. Because you guys don't actually SAY anything. Except in your case maybe in your own little subforum...but snce no one reads it we'll never know.

tiagocc0

Arcane
So you respond to that by posting a jpeg. Even more pointless than a jaesunic one liner. :lol:

No one cares about or reads what you post, it's filler. Like what jaesun said, except it's actually true. Because you guys don't actually SAY anything. Except in your case maybe in your own little subforum...but snce no one reads it we'll never know.
Yeah, I don't talk about politics and religion on a RPG forum.
Who cares anyway if people read or don't read what I post, but I may have touched a nerve since nobody reads my posts but you actually talked to me.

I'm sorry if I don't write a wall of text about fretrider, about you or HHR. It's so pointless anyway, the guy wanted to go and yet you are all here saying you want him unbanned, didn't he say he doesn't want to come back?
Why keep telling how much of a good poster he was? What's the point? Why defend a guy who left on his own will? If he was such a good poster then why don't you just go with him to another forum and keep your good posting there?

Why attack all mods whenever you can, that's really funny because people say whatever they want to Jaesun, Trash and all the others, but only fretrider said what he wanted about DU.
Do you want him so much so why don't you show that ball of yours and say your mind to DU instead of just the mods? Aren't the mods just doing what DU told them to? Aren't we all? Last time I checked there were rules. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom