Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Guido Henkel's Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore - CANCELLED

FeelTheRads

Arcane
So to evaluate a critical aspect of the game you only need a name and an email address?

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Focus groups are actually very useful as long as you have the right focus group and aim to get feedback from the correct target group they want to buy their game.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Kickstarter backers are a focus group.
Yeah, and in the old days QA testers were the focus group. Developers are always going to want to get feedback from people not working on the game to see how they respond to it.

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
So who from the codex has volunteered? I would have liked to but don't really have enough time (with work, kids, etc.) to do a proper job.

majestik12

Arcane
I find the concept of the monster kinda silly, but the execution looks not bad at all. Let's just hope that the next art update will feature topless amazons. Animated.

Unwanted

Bobbles

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Sounds like his Kickstarter failure has permanently damaged his writing skills. Another write-off.

He even named his villain as a homonym of a well-known DSA kingdom.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Sounds interesting, especially
Nothing is as simple as it may seem and with many plot twists and turns, the story will quickly take on a much more elaborate and grander scope than you may initially suspect.
Inb4 Endergast was awakening/trying to stop an ancient evil from another dimension and it's now up to you! to save the world from this new and much greater threat

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
"the story will quickly take on a much more elaborate and grander scope" is pretty much the reason the plot of Shadowrun Returns took a nosedive after the first half.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
What happened to simple and good stories? Why do they always have to promote twists, turns and "a much more elaborate and grander scope than you may initially suspect".

Guess what? Now, I expect an elaborate and grandiose story...

weresheeple

Educated
A very well written entry that thirst me.No doubt the whole story will quench it.keep the good things about Deathfire going up.It makes more sense for the title now.Thanks

Seriously, nothing I can come up with sounds snarkier than copy&pasting the actual comments from that blog post.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
It sounds like he will change the name of the game next week:

"Naturally, the post will also let you know what conclusion we came to on our end, and finally reveal the actual title of the game. Remember, up to this point Deathfire has always been merely a project title, in reference to the Nethermancer’s horrific spell."

Alchemist

Arcane
There's a fascinating new audio interview up with Guido Henkel on this podcast here: http://www.darkstation.com/darkcast/dci-ep-08-making-zombies-with-fire/
It's quite long but well worth it in my opinion. He talks about his development history, game design, and a lot about Deathfire.

The character personality system they're working on sounds very cool and also, 3rd person turn-based tactical combat is something they're still considering.

:Flash:

Arcane
There's a fascinating new audio interview up with Guido Henkel on this podcast here: http://www.darkstation.com/darkcast/dci-ep-08-making-zombies-with-fire/
It's quite long but well worth it in my opinion. He talks about his development history, game design, and a lot about Deathfire.

The character personality system they're working on sounds very cool and also, 3rd person turn-based tactical combat is something they're still considering.
Interviewer: "What kind of currency system are you using?"
Henkel: "We're using what we call shits!"
Interviewer: ....
Henkel: "It's C-H-I-T-S. Chits!"

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
So Deathfire it is... Partly. If anything Guido's undertaking seems much more pro than Thorvalla now. I hope he keeps that up and does well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom