Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guild Wars Glam Shots

dirk

Novice
guys i have a Q (question)

Q1 {question 1] is there a lot of making your character look different i like playing dress up with computer ppl

Q2 [question 3) do you get tattoos ive seen some guys with tattoos

Q3 (question 3) dyes?

thnx for ur A (answers)

dipdipdip

Liturgist
dirk said:

Q1 {question 1] is there a lot of making your character look different i like playing dress up with computer ppl

Q3 (question 3) dyes?

thnx for ur A (answers)

A1 (Answer to Q1 [question1]) - You don't have the options that City of Heroes provides, but hey, it's better than o.g. (original gangsta) Everquest, no doubt.

A2 (Answer to Q2 [question2]) - Monks do, but I don't know how that works. No one else, though!

A3 (Answer to Q3 [question3]) - Why, yes! You will find an assortment of fine dyes in the land of Guild Wars.

Edit: Forgot one.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wait... you use abbreviations and always include the full term in parentheses? Are you mad?

The answers to 1 and 2 seem obvious from this thread, although you didn't really specify a Q in 3. But there clearly are dyes, apparently you can mix basic dyes to create new ones.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
dipdipdip said:
dirk said:

Q3 (question 3) dyes?

thnx for ur A (answers)

A1 (Answer to Q1 [question1]) - You don't have the options that City of Heroes provides, but hey, it's better than o.g. (original gangsta) Everquest, no doubt.

A2 (Answer to Q2 [question2]) - Monks do, but I don't know how that works. No one else, though!

A3 (Answer to Q3 [question3]) - Why, yes! You will find an assortment of fine dyes in the land of Guild Wars.

Edit: Forgot one.

1) Despite some lack of customizability, Guild Wars is much better looking than any other 'MMORPG' currently in the market, or RPG for that matter. Best part is, it runs smoother than anything else I've ever played.

2) Only Monks can wear tattoos. Necromancers have 'scar patterns'.

3) Oh yes. You can even mix the dyes into four tiers.

dirk

Novice
if you choose a necro or monk as your second job can you still get tattoos

kris

Arcane
Surlent said:
Sol, if we change new capes, please, let's not take that French monarchy symbol.
It's overused everywhere (like in Stratovarius' logo) and French monarchy really deserved the guillotine. Any other of them without it goes fine.

Fleaur de lis (spelling may be wrong ;)), now it is more fun since you also have the color of their old flag back then. :D

Antagonist

Liturgist
Sol Invictus said:
1) Despite some lack of customizability, Guild Wars is much better looking than any other 'MMORPG' currently in the market, or RPG for that matter. Best part is, it runs smoother than anything else I've ever played.

It does because Arena.net made the wise decision not to use an engine which supports all known effectsl and requires a high-end rig but to concentrate on the design of the world. I wish more companies would get the clue that new developments in engines do not automatically make a good-looking game and are often just not needed.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
This game really has me interested, but somehow I can't see this beauty running on my antique rig. Any chance that this dinosour will run guildwars in an acceptable framerate?

Athlon 1GB
750 MB Dram
Geforcre 4TI 128mb
Cable internet

dirk

Novice
I can run it fine on a geforce fx, gig of ram and athlon 2600+. And that's with post-process effects, which my card usually doesn't have the luxury of.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
It should run fine on your computer, Trash. I have it playing well on my older Athlon 1.2, 512mb ram system with its GeForce 4.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Nah it's not a big timesink. I've been spending most of my time trying out different characters and playing in PVP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom