Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guys, inXile are asking me stuff about the statue

Repressed Homosexual
PayPal went to Tal's American friend. Who sent cheque to me. Who took cheque to Australian bank who said it would take 4 weeks to process (20 business days). Who fucked it up and cheque came back to me. Who had to sign the back of it and send it off through bank again.

I'm hopeful of actually getting the money sometime before Christmas. Next year.

Oh yeah, getting paid internationally is a huge pain, moreso when the sums in question are significant. Most of the times I had to deal with 30 business days of my pay being frozen for some freelance gigs made for out of country employers.

KickAss

Augur
I didn't donate through the codex, but here's an idea of mine (not full of memes):
an underground room (vault, bunker, whatever) with a sign "RPGCodex" on the entrance.
The room is full of shelfs with game boxes on them (RPGs we like)
the player could click the gameboxes and a floating text will display the name of the game (maybe the ones who donated could choose a title they want to appear)

When exiting, a floating text will say something about how those people prepared their favorite games for the apocalypse, but no food.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Alright, so I've received MCA's reply:

MCA said:
Hey, I'll ask Fargo and crew about how this is all getting divided. Just so you know, I'm already going for one shrine, so resource-wise, I may have to decline in favor of someone else who's getting a shrine who's sent me beer in the mail over the years. I mean, I love you guys, but you've never sent me beer. ;)

Aww. Must be Notch's shrine, I'd guess. Why have you people never sent him beer?
:rpgcodex:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Remind him that we sent him a cup and a T-shirt. Sure it was with his own money but it's the thought that counts.

Stinger

Arcane
I thought the Codex got him Arcanum? Arcanum is way better than beer.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

MCA said:
Hey, I'll ask Fargo and crew about how this is all getting divided. Just so you know, I'm already going for one shrine, so resource-wise, I may have to decline in favor of someone else who's getting a shrine who's sent me beer in the mail over the years. I mean, I love you guys, but you've never sent me beer. ;)

Aww. Must be Notch's shrine, I'd guess. Why have you people never sent him beer?

Allright that's it, we SO need to get MCA in as a pedestrian into Carmageddon 3. :angry:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

MCA said:

Actually, it's probably the MegaCynics guy.

Baron

Arcane
I have it. The Codex Troll must pop out of the side of the screen like Toasty on Mortal Kombat.

For anyone that breaks immersion for they obviously aren't playing hard enough.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Maybe we can make a pool to fund a stripper?

Gregz

Arcane
Assuming MCA is out, surely the Codex has enough collective talent to build this provided we know the constraints within which we're able to work?

Design by committee is fail (as this thread well demonstrates), but perhaps there are half a dozen prestigious types who can be trusted to design a complete 'scenario' using what's been offered in related threads as source material?

If we can review six good 500+ word design descriptions with images, including but not limited to location/statue/inscription and other details, then we could have a poll-thread whereby the Codex could vote for the hivemind favorite.

VIPs (old Codexfags and mods) could exercise veto power if they feel a particular design casts the Codex in an improper light.

Yes/No/Maybe?

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
grandcafe.jpg

How about a mural like this?

This is probably a bit to esoteric but let me explain this reference.

This is from Grand Cafe in Oslo.

A hundred years ago this was the den of the Christiania Bohemians, a bunch of people who shocked the establishment with ideals such as free love and expression.

Christian Krogh(the painter) and Henrik Ibsen were part of that clique.(most of them died of syphilis, wouldn't you know)

Anyway...the two dames(right next to the waiter) are very central to this image, because they were basically the only two women who had the audacity to hang out with a bunch of men that rejected societies etiquette and morals.
(read: Brian Fargo & MCA)

Like the Codex the Bohemians at grand also had a problem with tards who joined them, not for the ideals...they just wanted to shock people for the sake of it(read: "IM HERE FOR TEH LULZ")

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Very monocle, I like.

Would be too obscure for fags who want to see their name/RPGCodex painted across all the textures in the game, though.

Lonerville

Educated
How about a rough stone block with the inscription:

Dear Esteemed Gentlemen (and Trannies) of RPGCodex.net,

I'd be honored to design your shrine but I may have to decline in favor of someone else who's sent me beer in the mail over the years. I mean, I love you guys, but you've never sent me beer.

Yours,

Christopher F. Avellone, Esq.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom