Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Half Life and Half Life 2 - List of recommended modifications and mini campaigns

Ivan

Arcane
Playing Field Intensity and it feels like a worthy add on, reminding me of Opposing Force. Playing on Hard and getting my ass handed to me often enough. Good to be back in the world of Half-Life 1 though. I've missed these sounds.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/field-intensity

ferratilis

Magister
No one mentioned this so far, so I will. Been playing it since it released two days ago. Most of the changes they made are good, although the game seems a bit easier than before, despite some encounters being reworked. I'm also not a big fan of the added particle effects, but thankfully, those are not that common. Overall, a good mod imo. I hope Opposing Force and Blue Shift get the same treatment.

Also, Uplink is included in this instead of the tutorial level.

Is the sound fixed yet? Last time I played HL I had to stop because of the annoying crackling. I looked it up and apparently Valve have fucked it up with some update.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Half-Life 2 Mod Turns It Into a Resident Evil-Style Horror Game, back from the dead in vapourware zone
here

ezgif.com-video-to-gif_1.gif

half-life-2-lost-and-damned-mod.jpg

now time to play Total Chaos for Doom already

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

What was my surprise to find that Half-Life MMOD had turned their backs to moddb, requiring you to log into Steam's client to be able to download it, with this latest release. I might sound like I'm nitpicking, but it seemed reasonable to expect to be able to launch this without the use of a client. You could play Half-Life 1 offline campaign without "cracking it", for example.

What a lame decision.

You might as well remove the entry from moddb and stop hosting the pre-historic files, as even the developer(s) realise the version available there is "Extremely Outdated".

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Isn't black MESA still the best new "mod" for half-life? And why doesnt that mod have the new ray tracing stuff in it.
who wants to play the original game with prettier lights lol. still looks dated.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Update on the long anticipated HL: The Core mod:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-core/news/2024-the-year-of-the-core-q1-update

Tl;DR

Development is back in full swing and it may, or may not, release this year.

Meanwhile, there's another promising mod you can check out now: Delta Particles

https://www.moddb.com/mods/half-life-delta

Delta Particles is a single-player modification for Half-Life.

The plot takes place at the universe of HL. You're playing as a technical engineer of complex "Delta Base" Nick Farell. Unfortunately, the protagonist was in the wrong place at the wrong time, as an experiment at the Black Mesa Research Facility resulted in a resonance cascade that teleported extraterrestrial beings from the world of Xen to Earth.

Features:

• A new single-player campaign consists of 4 chapters (31 gameplay maps + 1 titles)
  • Total conversion, a lot of new content
  • Atmosphere of the new scientific complex "Delta Base"
  • New weapons
  • New Dark Ambient soundtrack
  • BlueShift-style XEN

It's an expansion-sized campaign. I started playing it and it's pretty good so far.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I've played through a decent portion of Delta Particles and unfortunately have to say I think it's mediocre. It has a lot of new art and it's clear a lot of effort was put into it, but it's just a remake of Half-Life that adds nothing. The set pieces are copies of the original (tentacle boss fight where you kill it using the environment, etc.) except less interesting. The level design is flat and uninspired. The encounters are similarly boring.

It's very nice looking but it has nothing on something like Half-Life: Echoes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom