Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Have you ever experienced a strong adrenaline rush while gaming?

Have you ever experienced a strong adrenaline rush while gaming?

• Yes, commonly.

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Yes, rarely.

Votes: 44 72.1%
  • No.

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters

Dire Roach

Prophet
Racing games, fighting games and FPS deathmatch can give me a rush, but not as much as PVP action in some MMOs.

Cool story bro: the biggest rush I remember getting was in Everquest when I participated in a free-for-all, last-man-standing deathmatch that some guild was arranging in the dark elf city. We got six players total gathered inside the PVP-enabled arena, waiting for a referee to give the signal to begin the fight. The 30-second countdown to start the match gave me the most intense rush I'd ever felt while playing a game. My cleric won the melee and I was awarded something like 30 platinum and a piece of armor for the arms slot.

Gregz

Arcane
Counter-strike, you're the only T left, 5 CTs are trying to find you. You plant the bomb and hear that first round hit near your head.

NES games like Gradius or Punch Out, on your last life, about to beat the game for the first time at about 10% health. Winning, and jumping up and down like you just won the olympic gold.

EQ/WoW your guild is about to be first on server to beat a boss watching that dragon or w/e hit 3% health and knowing you're going to do it.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not adrenaline rush, but the first level of the original AVP, marines campaign, puts me on edge every time.

Captain Shrek

For single player games: Rarely

Particularly playing HL 1 when the MP5 music started.

Then directly in Dark Messiah.

For MP:

Playing Tekken and CS always pump me up. Its almost like the movie Wanted. Things slow down a bit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom