Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Still, can't believe another two months... I already have like 6,000 gold.

GrainWetski

Arcane
46Ol9YE.png

And some hot garbage

ZbaMi4e.png

UglyBastard

Arcane
Only two more months until there is reason to play the game again. How awesome is that?

And they even showed 5!! cards.

v1rus

Arcane
I like it for now. I also like the free C'thun.

On the other hand, I'm scared this all is going to waste. Sure, C'thun could be awesome, but there's a pretty good chance that he just wont find a place in the meta. If none of these hyped cards ever see play, but there's a new shielded minibot and loatheb in there, my snowman will be crushed, real bad.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It'll be a gimmick people try for a bit. How many people use Rafaam? And he's basically a two step C'Thun. Granted you get C'Thun all on one turn but you have to stack those mediocre 'support' cards in your deck to buff him.

And... again... two months? Seriously? Guess I've at least caught up to the curve.

Revenant

how the fuck do you even draft such a deck in the arena:

09axSMh.jpg

he even had annoy-o-tron FFS

UglyBastard

Arcane
635933883569229222.png

Hype is REAL! You can say what you want about Blizzard, but they know how to get you PUMPED for a new expansion!!!

New meta arriving!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hey look, a shittier version of:

12298.gif

Hardly a good replacement for Muster unless there's some other card that lowers the cost this new one.

Explorerbc

Arcane
Is this gonna be another TGT ? :negative:

I know it is still very early, but most cards so far seem kinda uninspired as concepts. If you look at custom fan-made expansions there are so many innovative ideas and mechanics they could try.

Revenant

Why try when they will cash in millions regardless of whatever they do with their game. The introduction of Standard completely releases them from any design obligations whatsoever - since any newly released stuff is getting rotated away after 2 years, they won't have to balance a single thing anywhere from now on. Whatever broken cards they'll release will simply be quietly gone after a time, so why bother balancing anything at all. And that's only if they could design anything noteworthy anyway, most revealed cards are painfully banal reworkings of old cards, save... they're CORRUPTED by the old gods! Muahaha look at how fun and original that is. :1/5::0/5:/:5/5::5/5: expansion, will not play save maybe for an occassional arena or brawl.

UglyBastard

Arcane
fae1481f.png

That one is actually fun, especially because of the interaction with so far unplayable garbage like Bestial Wrath and Stablemaster. I don't expect it to make any impact in tryhardland but at least it's not a fucking middle finger like Stand Against Darkness and its ilk.

v1rus

Arcane
Yeah, that sandworm looks pretty fun. The biggest problem i have with WotOG atm isn't recycled mechanics, it's recycled concept/characters/w/e you want to call it. Sure, TGT sucked, but at least the minions depicted on cards were interesting. You had a giant tournament, and nearly every important race/faction sent their representative. For a knightfag like me, that was fun. This? You take old concepts, add corrupted prefix and ggwp.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Here's an example of a card that's about six months too late. Never mind Secret Paladin won't be a thing in Standard. Good for Wild mode I guess...

v1rus

Arcane
So, morning after I've decided to become a bitch and make a secret pala, Blizzard gives me Liadrin. Thank you very much.

>Liadrin still summons silver hand recruits.
>Blizzard is STILL afraid people will be too confused by a minor change

And people tell me I'M the lazy fuck :positive:

GrainWetski

Arcane
Another shit brawl. They really needed to make interesting brawls in the 2 months where ranked is completely unplayable and arena is just about unplayable(because all the bad players are saving gold).

Oh well, shit company continues to be shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom